Speculation: What does the future hold for Matt Murray?

Status
Not open for further replies.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I wouldn't be too stoked with landing Larsson, tbh. He's not horrible, but he's not exactly a great skater and I don't think he'd be more than a bottom pairing guy here. We need offensive blueliners first and foremost.

But, for the 14th OA, maaaaan... Especially if we pull the deal off before the draft, we could either keep the pick and land a stud prospect for a barren prospect cupboard, or we could flip that 14th OA for something significant to help now and moving forward, as it's a more universally accepted currency than an RFA goalie.
If we got 14th OA I'd go big on acquiring a 2LD.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007

I think you can argue this is technically 1 fewer option for Murray, but I'd argue the alternate: this is one fewer option for starting goalies for a team that wants to win now. I don't think Crawford is what he once was, but he had a .917 save% this year and has 2 cups. He seemed like a great target for a team like Edmonton.

I don't know if the same teams would be in the market for Murray as would be for Crawford. To me, Murray is a long term solution for a team, and a team will treat the trade as such. Crawford is a year by year thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad