Speculation: What does the future hold for Matt Murray?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Murray is about 90% sure to be gone. We simply don't have the cap space in which to give him another shot at taking his net back without a very good off-season, and even then it's questionable whether we should.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
He will surely be traded. He's too valuable to be lost for nothing to Seattle and he's had a poor showing for the last couple seasons when directly compared to Jarry. We can protect Jarry and expose CDS, so there's just no need to keep him. In an ideal world with no cap and no expansion, we'd keep him, but that's not the real world.

I have my doubts about Jarry, but it's a risk that might be worth taking.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I like Moose but his injury history has me skeptical it working out.

I favor Jarry taking #1 but the only thing that concerns me is how he responds to the pressure of being the guy. Hopefully he up to it

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
I remember a lot of this forum and HF Forums saying Fleury was horrible and a dime a dozen. With the right team and coach, I think Murray will do well.

Sometimes a change of scenery is good for a player.

If Carolina's goalies self-destruct, (there are a few other Playoff goalies not looking great) I think we might have a nice market for Murray.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I think he will be traded which I have no problem with even though I do like him. I don't think it's wise to lose him for nothing in the expansion draft. During the Cup winning teams I never once felt worried about him in net. He was so cool and calm. He was confident and even cocky. Nothing rattled him. I definitely don't have that feeling anymore. With his injury history and Jarry's puckhandling skills I think it's time to part with Murray.

I have no idea what JR can get for him but hopefully some team that desperately needs a goalie will overpay in a deal.

Reactions: LunaticFringe

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
More fake stories by his agent to fluff up his personna, more unfollows on instagram of Pens players, and a new jersey and set of pads.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Doubt it. He like is what Murray provided us over the past few years. Hit or miss and solid enough for us to win a cup.
Except better puckhandling, was able to make the All-Star, etc. But with Jarry, it looks like he's starting to just scratch the surface of his potential, meanwhile it seemed like Murray dove right into his and then just sort of fell out of sorts with injuries, confidence issues, and god knows what. The most consistent thing he's ended up doing his last few years is start off cold for a couple of months each season.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Why do these weird cults of personality always pop up around goalies? Like nobody ever goes this apeshit over some second pairing blueliner or a checking winger?

BRB going to see if I can trick the fanbase into making a religion around Teddy B.

By the nature of the game, goalies are on the ice almost all game every game

Announcers call their name possibly more than any other player

Familiarity lends itself to being a fan. If you hear and see someone all the time. A rando forward is gonna get called out like...fifteen times? Goalie is called out or on screen for every shot, save, goal, pass, tv break, etc etc

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Why do these weird cults of personality always pop up around goalies? Like nobody ever goes this apeshit over some second pairing blueliner or a checking winger?

BRB going to see if I can trick the fanbase into making a religion around Teddy B.
Blueger is life.

I'm more curious about what makes a goalie and his agent, concoct a story to draw more sympathy votes, meanwhile the other guy is literally just playing and doing his thing, like the other guy bought a farm and talks about chickens.

Back to the other wanker, he looks like some smarmy hipster that would argue about how the music he listens to is better than yours.

It was even more bizarre that years of MAF getting the bronx cheers and they somehow felt compelled to defend Murray, like his fragile ego couldn't handle that, like after he got absolutely lit the f*** up by Boeser, he was mentally broken and made up shitty excuses, where you would have liked to see him just say he had a bad game and the other team took advantage, nah instead, he made excuses. That's not what a leader does. So for me, f*** Matt Murray, he can go f*** off.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
@PensandCaps is already there with Bleuger, dog.

I'll Nikolai Yezhov his ass and take this over! :laugh:

stalin-composite-16x9.jpg

Reactions: Gold Diamond

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
I said this in the other thread that was dug up 3 years ago:

I think MM the player is fine enough to backstop a team with championship aspirations
But his contract demands aren't going to be in line with a team with cap issues

Considering he did not play in an elimination game I'm guessing the coach doesn't have the highest confidence in him, so he's likely gone.
Perhaps traded with Jack Johnson (who has negative value around the league)

Reactions: EightyOne
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad