Speculation: What do you want to see this off-season?

Wayne Crosby

Jan 28, 2013
Bert and Sammy bought out, Cleary walks, Quincey demoted to 7th D and guys like DeKeyser, Smith and Kindl get more ice team and more responsibility. Let Flip go wherever, acquire top 6 forward (prefer big power forward like Horton or Clarkson). Tatar obviously will get a roster spot like he should, probably on the 3rd line and if he plays well then he could maybe see time on the 2nd line and first PP unit. Call ups should be Sheahan, Ferraro, Glendening, Almqvist and Mrazek. Abby put in the bottom 6 where he belongs, Nyquist on the 1st line with Dats and whoever else. Brunner resigned. That's about it.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
If Briere is bought out, should we go for him, if we can get him cheap?

I'd pass on him at this stage in his career- the dude is money in the playoffs but has been trending down as a regular season point producer. Given the last-second push necessary for Detroit to sneak into the PO's this year, I think Kenny needs to focus on acquiring guys who can be effective during the season to help the Wings make the playoffs.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Blows my mind Briere has 109 playoff points but no Cup.

If he's physically sound, I'd gladly see him on the Wings. Age and size be damned, he is extremely skilled with a high hockey IQ. Just the guy you want with Z or D.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Blows my mind Briere has 109 playoff points but no Cup.

If he's physically sound, I'd gladly see him on the Wings. Age and size be damned, he is extremely skilled with a high hockey IQ. Just the guy you want with Z or D.

Agree 100%

1st Line Interloper

Will Drop the Gloves
May 4, 2013
If Briere is bought out, should we go for him, if we can get him cheap?

The way he is, would he really be an upgrade at wing over Filppula? If not then don't even go after him. He's going to come with a heavier price tag than we want plus has injury history.

Briere would be blocking space made for Nyquist in the top 6. I'd rather have Gus in the top 6 next season.

Squirrel in the Hole

Be the best squirrel in the hole
Feb 18, 2004
Sydney
Sign David Clarkson, i have no clue why people are saying stay away from this guy, he is a proven goal scorer and will go in the dirty areas to score them. He will go in front of the net and he will be a great player either beside datsyuk or zetterberg. He also can hit and fight, which i dont care what anyone says we desperately need.

Agree, I think it's more about what he would cost, though. Dude has overpayment written all over him.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
The way he is, would he really be an upgrade at wing over Filppula? If not then don't even go after him. He's going to come with a heavier price tag than we want plus has injury history.

Briere would be blocking space made for Nyquist in the top 6. I'd rather have Gus in the top 6 next season.

Briere is kind of player Holland will definitely have interest. Short-term deal, then fit to open spot for Jurco/Frk after few years.

That 50+59=109 playoff points in 108 games if freaking impressive. :amazed:

1st Line Interloper

Will Drop the Gloves
May 4, 2013
Briere is kind of player Holland will definitely have interest. Short-term deal, then fit to open spot for Jurco/Frk after few years.

That 50+59=109 playoff points in 108 games if freaking impressive. :amazed:

No doubt it's impressive but you need massive insurance for the regular season when he gets hurt.

It's worth noting that he would also be a 35+ contract. It would HAVE to be short term. We are already complaining about those on the 35+ deals right now (Sammy and Burt). Not saying that Briere doesn't have skills, I'm worried about that injury history.

He's a useful player when healthy and he's a very good playoff option. I would not mind having Briere or Nyquist on the 3rd line as the scoring winger, that would be great.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
No doubt it's impressive but you need massive insurance for the regular season when he gets hurt.

It's worth noting that he would also be a 35+ contract. It would HAVE to be short term. We are already complaining about those on the 35+ deals right now (Sammy and Burt). Not saying that Briere doesn't have skills, I'm worried about that injury history.

He's a useful player when healthy and he's a very good playoff option. I would not mind having Briere or Nyquist on the 3rd line as the scoring winger, that would be great.

If he's injured, kids will play. That isn't a bad thing.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
There's now rumours in Twitter, that Datsyuk could sign an contract extension tomorrow.

Pavel himself on Twitter 10 minutes ago:

"Big day tomorrow..."

What else could it be... :)

Shadywing19

Jan 26, 2013
Don't think he can sign till July 1st. Officially that is. I supposed he could announce they have an agreement. But won't be official until July.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Don't think he can sign till July 1st. Officially that is. I supposed he could announce they have an agreement. But won't be official until July.

Just like Drew Miller. No difference. Done deal is a done deal. No matter what day the contract will start.

This possible extension is a thing that I never believed to happen. Because I really thought this daughter-case would matter more. I'm still sceptical. But if it happens, I will the happiest fan in this Universe on that moment.

ThankYouBasedGod

Oct 25, 2010
Saskatoon
I wouldn't mind Briere, but like with every player it would depend on what kind of contract it would take too sign him and I have no clue what he would be expecting.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
In my opinion it is pretty straight-forward: continue the youth movement and keep your draft picks. I've always been willing to give up a draft pick to attain the rights to a guy like Ryan Suter, but it's obvious since the advent of the salary cap that Ken Holland will never be active on the UFA or trade market. We'll get lucky every once in a while and get a guy like Brian Rafalski through free agency but for the most part we will do nothing.

So bring up our young guys and let them play against the best talent in the world under the best coach in the NHL. I'd like to see something like:

Z-Pavs-Abby
Mule-Sheahan-Jurco
Nyquist-Andersson-Tatar
Miller-Emmerton-Eaves

My guess is Cleary and Filppula get better offers elsewhere. If we can get a legit 4th line center to compete for Emmerton's spot - this is Ken Holland we're talking about - then I'm cool with that.

Mike Babcock proved himself this season after Ken Holland fanned on every good UFA yet again. Ken needs to give Babs whatever he asks for. That's the only way this dog known as the Detroit Red Wings Orga-NI-zation will hunt.

Just my opinion. :D

ThankYouBasedGod

Oct 25, 2010
Saskatoon
In my opinion it is pretty straight-forward: continue the youth movement and keep your draft picks. I've always been willing to give up a draft pick to attain the rights to a guy like Ryan Suter, but it's obvious since the advent of the salary cap that Ken Holland will never be active on the UFA or trade market. We'll get lucky every once in a while and get a guy like Brian Rafalski through free agency but for the most part we will do nothing.

So bring up our young guys and let them play against the best talent in the world under the best coach in the NHL. I'd like to see something like:

Z-Pavs-Abby
Mule-Sheahan-Jurco
Nyquist-Andersson-Tatar
Miller-Emmerton-Eaves

My guess is Cleary and Filppula get better offers elsewhere. If we can get a legit 4th line center to compete for Emmerton's spot - this is Ken Holland we're talking about - then I'm cool with that.

Mike Babcock proved himself this season after Ken Holland fanned on every good UFA yet again. Ken needs to give Babs whatever he asks for. That's the only way this dog known as the Detroit Red Wings Orga-NI-zation will hunt.

Nah.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Z-Pavs-Abby
Mule-Sheahan-Jurco
Nyquist-Andersson-Tatar
Miller-Emmerton-Eaves

Jurco and Sheahan over Nyqusit in the top 6 is a joke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad