What do you think will happen with Fleury?

What happens with Fleury?

• Total voters

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
I think that if Fleury is allowing his agent to state that he is contemplating retirement on social media, he is not going to play for Chicago. He might be more amenable to Pittsburgh than Chicago, but ultimately, if his family wants to stay in Vegas, I think he is likely to retire so he can be with them where they want to be.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I think that if Fleury is allowing his agent to state that he is contemplating retirement on social media, he is not going to play for Chicago. He might be more amenable to Pittsburgh than Chicago, but ultimately, if his family wants to stay in Vegas, I think he is likely to retire so he can be with them where they want to be.

Allan Walsh is known for his tendency to go rogue though.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Allan Walsh is known for his tendency to go rogue though.

I don't think I've heard anyone say that. Which, admittedly, might not be worth much.

If we're talking the sword of DeBoer, then I thought the consensus was that Walsh wasn't doing anything Fleury disapproved of or ought?

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
He's 2 starting seasons away from passing Roy in all time wins, making him #2 all time.

Silly to retire now and throw away a chance to cement your legacy.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
He's going to open a critically acclaimed and commercially successful Quebeco-Vietnamese fusion restaurant in the Mexican War Streets.
Fun fact: Vietnamese food has loads of French influence. Colonial days.

Love Fleury. Don't bring him here. Too much drama.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
He's 2 starting seasons away from passing Roy in all time wins, making him #2 all time.

Silly to retire now and throw away a chance to cement your legacy.

Life outside of hockey can be a powerful motivator in these decisions. Technically he could move his family to Pittburgh (or somewhere else closer to Chicago where he would be interested in settling), and play in Chicago that way. It's an hour flight back and forth.

There is no reason why we couldn't have setup a 3-way trade to make it work. Honestly, if it was Rutherford, he would have made it happen. Whether that is good or bad, is a different question.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I've read he's contemplating retirement? I seriously doubt that. He has a few good years left of playing lights out in the regular season only to inexplicably decide he wants to breakdance on the puck in a crucial game late in the playoffs.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Equipment rash

I was going to say maybe an allergic reaction to post-season choking...

I wonder if he spoke with coaches / FO about playoff nerves and confided in them he would be fine...
He had another big screw up and vegas says, **** that shit for 7million... GTFO!

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Fleury Fails to report to Chicago and they void his contract as laid out in Paragraph 12 section b of the Standard player contract, and he becomes a free agent.

The NHL has Standard Player Contracts which provide, at paragraph 12, that the team may terminate a player’s contract if the player shall:
(a) fail, refuse, or neglect to obey the Club’s rules governing training and conduct of Players, if such failure, refusal or neglect should constitute a material breach.
(b) fail, refuse or neglect to render his services hereunder or in any other manner materially breach this SPC.

If he doesn't show up that doesnt make him a UFA does it?

And if he retires he can't play at all this season, correct?

UFA's can't just quit and go wherever they desire... what else is there obligation wise?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I've read he's contemplating retirement? I seriously doubt that. He has a few good years left of playing lights out in the regular season only to inexplicably decide he wants to breakdance on the puck in a crucial game late in the playoffs.

Regular season isn't the problem... well, for the most part.

Problem is getting your hopes up with making it to the post season only to MAF the **** out of the situation eventually.
It will happen. Only a matter of time.
7 million for that? Nah man, nah.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Fun fact: Vietnamese food has loads of French influence. Colonial days.

Yep! Although it depends on which part of Vietnam you come from. Apparently bahn mi is relatively uncommon in the North and was pretty scarce in Vietnam post-war, so it's more of a diaspora thing.

Incidentally Bahn Mi and Ti is (I hope they survived the pandemic) a really great bahn mi place on Butler St. in Lawrenceville.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Yep! Although it depends on which part of Vietnam you come from. Apparently bahn mi is relatively uncommon in the North and was pretty scarce in Vietnam post-war, so it's more of a diaspora thing.

Incidentally Bahn Mi and Ti is (I hope they survived the pandemic) a really great bahn mi place on Butler St. in Lawrenceville.
Have to try it if it's still in business. Thx.

There was a great series ( can't recall name) that highlighted the cuisine of various immigrant communities in the US. One focused on Vietnamese in NOLA. Talk about fusion! Really interesting

Reactions: HandshakeLine

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Have to try it if it's still in business. Thx.

There was a great series ( can't recall name) that highlighted the cuisine of various immigrant communities in the US. One focused on Vietnamese in NOLA. Talk about fusion! Really interesting

Yeah, Viet-Cajun is really really good! NOLA's food scene in general is unreal, but the Vietnamese chefs there are some of the standouts there.

The Vietnamese population in Prague is pretty huge, but they cook mostly northern Viet dishes so it's been a cool couple of years getting to know some really different types of dishes from them.

Reactions: Ms Maggie

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
I think Fleury reports to chicago and plays, I mean jarry for fleury with retention makes a lot of sense for both teams but
sounds unlikely as Hextall isn't interested according to the rumblings from our so reliable local reporters ;)

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
I could care less what happens to Flopper. I don't want him back on the team. What Vegas did is simply karma for his agent putting out that stupid picture during the bubble playoffs last year. And no, I don't want Jarry in net either. Point is, Flops left 4 years ago, the fan base needs to move on.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

vyktor

Jan 23, 2008
If he doesn't show up that doesnt make him a UFA does it?

And if he retires he can't play at all this season, correct?

UFA's can't just quit and go wherever they desire... what else is there obligation wise?

I'm not a lawyer, but my friend who is interprets the CBA like this.

I Fleury refuses to play CHI has 3 options.

1 Trade him.
2 Suspend him without pay, but they are still on the hook for his 7 mil cap
3 Terminate his contract.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
You MUST care or be voted off the island
When's the next survivor? Stupid shutdowns... making me admit my guilt pleasure for survivor.
Die-hard fan of the early show and up til about 23... selective viewing now depending on their stupid politics pushing selectee's.

I'm not a lawyer, but my friend who is interprets the CBA like this.

I Fleury refuses to play CHI has 3 options.

1 Trade him.
2 Suspend him without pay, but they are still on the hook for his 7 mil cap
3 Terminate his contract.

Okay.
I understand 1.
I don't see 2 happening.
3... IF his contract gets wiped from him being a no-show, does he just get to sign anywhere?

Wouldn't that be a breach of something or another rule or watever?
As in, I mean, if any player under contract just decides to quit and void their contract they could just sign anywhere for any money... that seems like that is not so easy an endeavor.

4 would be retire, but then wouldn't he have to sit out that season (the season he retires for) until the following season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad