What do you think will happen with Fleury?

What happens with Fleury?

• Total voters

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
50% retires
40 % plays for Pittsburgh
10% plays for Chicago

vyktor

Jan 23, 2008
Fleury Fails to report to Chicago and they void his contract as laid out in Paragraph 12 section b of the Standard player contract, and he becomes a free agent.

The NHL has Standard Player Contracts which provide, at paragraph 12, that the team may terminate a player’s contract if the player shall:
(a) fail, refuse, or neglect to obey the Club’s rules governing training and conduct of Players, if such failure, refusal or neglect should constitute a material breach.
(b) fail, refuse or neglect to render his services hereunder or in any other manner materially breach this SPC.

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
I don't think he wants to be apart of that franchise and Vegas knew that so they dealt him there without him knowing until it was too late.
Of course. It would had been a big whole mess and drama if they had told him before the trade. Vegas wanted the cap space gone and no chance of anything going wrong

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Of course. It would had been a big whole mess and drama if they had told him before the trade. Vegas wanted the cap space gone and no chance of anything going wrong
Yeah so they treated a person that treated them with class and respect, like trash after the owner personally tells him he wants him to retire there and not get moved. Don't pull the this is business bs. You don't do that to someone especially someone that has done as much as he has for Vegas from their first game to the finals.

Reactions: SomeOldDude

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
Yeah so they treated a person that treated them with class and respect, like trash after the owner personally tells him he wants him to retire there and not get moved. Don't pull the this is business bs. You don't do that to someone especially someone that has done as much as he has for Vegas from their first game to the finals.

And spare me the bullshit. Vegas NEEDS that caps space, no ifs and buts. If any hitch happens making the deal break down, Vegas is royally *****.
Are they going to sit afterwards and say: "Oh well, we might now have to pay picks or retain salary but at least we let Fleury have a say on the matter and that is all that matters"
Are you kidding me? Fleury got PAID 7 million on a multi year deal well into his 30s. Very few goalies have got such a contract and he has made almost 100 million over his career.
He isn't suffering whatsoever by this deal....

Reactions: metalan2

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
If MAF knows anything about the legal mess going on in Chicago, then I expect him to not report/retire/demand a trade. If he doesn't know ( him knowing or not knowing isn't verifiable at this point) then I expect him to play out the year

I would expect MAF to want NOTHING to do with Chicago's legal mess, while putting the finishing touches on his legacy

Reactions: Ignatius

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I think he ends up back in Pittsburgh.

I just hope the Pens go on about their offseason and assume he won't. If in a couple of weeks Chicago can't convince MAF to play for them, the Pens can swoop in and say "We'll take him, but we don't have any more cap. So it would have to be at 50% retention and you have to take Jarry."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad