What do you think will happen with Fleury?

What happens with Fleury?

• Total voters

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
It's very telling Vegas doesn't want him. He's one of the most liked guys in the league. He's one of the best in the regular season. He's going to cost you in the playoffs. Simple as that. Like I've been saying for years him and Letang are the same exact players at different positions.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
If we still want to make the playoffs, Fleury in net would almost guarantee us a spot in the dance. He might even win us a round or 2. But he’ll never get you the big prize.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
obGZAO.gif

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
My stance on MAF is unlike any feelings I have for any other player. A mix of pride, disappointment, appreciation, PTSD, hope and skepticism. Love Fleury the human being. He's had stretches of greatness, and even clutchness. But I hate the cultish following and I genuinely don't trust him anymore (especially at his salary).

Even with all that said I still would be curious to see what he could do in a return to Pittsburgh, particularly after his career season. He's a leader and mentor. His experience and attitude would be welcome.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
If the Pens are going to upgrade in goal, I'm starting to think it's Fleury or nothing. FA market is bare. I don't see many teams out there with a goalie logjam who would send us a guy worth trading for.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
If the Pens are going to upgrade in goal, I'm starting to think it's Fleury or nothing. FA market is bare. I don't see many teams out there with a goalie logjam who would send us a guy worth trading for.

Best case scenarios in goalie chat are probably like this:

1) Hockey trade for Gibson or someone of that ilk
2) Fleury for half retained, Jarry somewhere else
3) Snag a decent aging goalie on waivers during preseason
4) Have a kid come out of nowhere in WB/S
5) Both goalies get LTIR'd and we get amazing performances from unknown rookies
6) Nuclear war glasses the Eastern seaboard.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I'm still looking at Dallas as a place that have a bunch of goalies, and maybe moves on.

I don't think MAF retires. I don't think he's willing to have it end like that. I think he ends up here this season or next. But I dunno whether he's willing to play in Chicago, or sit a season out.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I'm still looking at Dallas as a place that have a bunch of goalies, and maybe moves on.

I don't think MAF retires. I don't think he's willing to have it end like that. I think he ends up here this season or next. But I dunno whether he's willing to play in Chicago, or sit a season out.

I’ve heard talk from Sportsnet guys that, if Bishop’s health is good, Dallas would look to move Khudobin who has two years left at $3.33 mil…Pens should be all over that…

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Bishop is reportedly done for the year.

This is the one I'm hoping for.

What did Andy post? Oettinger?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Bishop is reportedly done for the year.

What did Andy post? Oettinger?

Khudobin being moved. He said pending on Bishop's fitness, although I still look at a situation with Oettinger, Khudobin, and Holtby and wonder if they're really going to send Oettinger back down for the whole season.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Khudobin being moved. He said pending on Bishop's fitness, although I still look at a situation with Oettinger, Khudobin, and Holtby and wonder if they're really going to send Oettinger back down for the whole season.

Is Oettinger still waiver eligible? Edit: looks like he is

Khudobin has really fallen off and it was reportedly due to COVID. Bishop is done from all reports I’ve seen.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
-edit- Oh, apparently he's going to play for Chicago.

Figured it'd either be play for the Hawks or retire. Zero chance he was coming here after the Hawks traded for him, imo.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
FTR Chief is junk and no one of any actual worth is reporting such

He is basically Eklund like in that its a 50/50 chance he is right so he is running with it

If Fleury does come to Chicago he will run with "I told you my source said he would"

And if Fleury does not come he will come with "My source says it fell thru for unexplained reasons ,,, yada , yada , yada"

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
FTR Chief is junk and no one of any actual worth is reporting such

He is basically Eklund like in that its a 50/50 chance he is right so he is running with it

If Fleury does come to Chicago he will run with "I told you my source said he would"

And if Fleury does not come he will come with "My source says it fell thru for unexplained reasons ,,, yada , yada , yada"

yeah that’s what I thought since Kingerski is also citing this guy as a source…lol

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Why have so many Pen fans soured on Jarry?

I know he had down year and poor playoff but holding onto him should be Pens path forward

His struggles remind me of when Crawford had awful sophomore season including horrific playoff performance vs Coyotes and most Hawk fans/media were calling for moving on from him (Despite his great rookie year)

Hawks held onto him believing he was more the goalie we saw nearly take out top seeded Nucks as rookie rather then guy who looked like an ECHL talent vs Yotes

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It’s over folks….knew it would be lol…

Why do we care about what someone from Barstool thinks :laugh:

I guarantee you he doesn't have actual sources.

I know he had down year and poor playoff but holding onto him should be Pens path forward

His struggles remind me of when Crawford had awful sophomore season including horrific playoff performance vs Coyotes and most Hawk fans/media were calling for moving on from him (Despite his great rookie year)

Hawks held onto him believing he was more the goalie we saw nearly take out top seeded Nucks as rookie rather then guy who looked like an ECHL talent vs Yotes

I personally think Jarry is just whatever. He's just a whatever 1B goalie and I don't see legitimate starter upside with him.

I don't want to upgrade on him solely because of his playoff performance last year, I just don't think Jarry is anything special. He's like Jaroslav Halak caliber.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA

To put it bluntly, his upside isn't high enough to want to forgive him for blowing that series the way he did.

He's a 1A/1B goalie with league average starter upside. At least with Fleury the upside was so obvious that the chance of him figuring things out was always a possibility. Jarry figuring things out puts him right in the middle of the league's starters.

I think Jarry will have a solid career in this league, but not the kind of career that involves spending the better part of a decade with any one team. Has the vibe of a journeyman who needs a partner capable of starting ~30 games. Too streaky.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
-edit- Oh, apparently he's going to play for Chicago.

Figured it'd either be play for the Hawks or retire. Zero chance he was coming here after the Hawks traded for him, imo.

Lol, it just f***s the Hawks even more. :laugh:

Why do we care about what someone from Barstool thinks :laugh:

Also this. If Dejan is the syphilis of sports media, Barstool is big ass cauliflower sized genital warts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->