OT: What do you make of this new look board?

McSnypsky

Jun 22, 2019
Just a design point for the Dark mode, the red thread icons are too similar in value to the grey so they are hard to see

Screenshot 2022-03-12 at 20-44-08 HFBoards - NHL Message Board and Forum for National Hockey L...png

Also the Favicon is either wrong or should go back to the original.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
I'll get used to the look of it. But theres quite a bit of tweaks to be made. Also, couldn't sign in all day until a few minutes ago. Get all the bugs and tweaks worked out and add some of the features back and it will be good. Dark mode is great.

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Before anyone laughs, my partner and I created a site, that brought in over a six month period, per week, around 90k Canadian, per week during that time. But I am a content guy period and end of story.

Half of you guys are speaking about stuff that I know of course, but employing it, I have been too reliant on my developer, but its not what I am best at.

Hire great people around you that are great at what either doesn't interest you, or suck at, and endeavours grow much faster imo.

So here is the embarassing question from me, who readily admits they are demi pleistocene in this area.

Where the heck is the button for me to get into dark mode?

And suggestion....coming from a poster that has had numerous spankings, slaps, etc....Could you give a time frame for those residing in our halfway houses, a specific timeline on when we can like and applaud great posts.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Before anyone laughs, my partner and I created a site, that brought in over a six month period, per week, around 90k Canadian, per week during that time. But I am a content guy period and end of story.

Half of you guys are speaking about stuff that I know of course, but employing it, I have been too reliant on my developer, but its not what I am best at.

Hire great people around you that are great at what either doesn't interest you, or suck at, and endeavours grow much faster imo.

So here is the embarassing question from me, who readily admits they are demi pleistocene in this area.

Where the heck is the button for me to get into dark mode?

And suggestion....coming from a poster that has had numerous spankings, slaps, etc....Could you give a time frame for those residing in our halfway houses, a specific timeline on when we can like and applaud great posts.

Dark mode is at the bottom of the page. The button will say default mode, if you click on it, it will give you the dark mode option.

We can like posts, same place as before.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I wonder what next years migration will bring!

hopefully this is the last of the migrations. I’ve never seen a website do so much.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Not a huge fan, more so I don't like how not everyone stats are automatically down and you have to click the arrow down to see everything like member since,post,likes etc, just feels sorta blank now. Just found the dark mode ability, makes it much more tolerable, at least there's some color on the page now lol

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Hfboards does these updates like every 2 years. I remember a few years back thinking I'll never get used to the updated look before slowly seeing that become the norm

Same will happen with this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad