What do you drive?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
2017 Jeep Rubicon (Had a 2014 Volvo XC90). I did one of those "Build & Price" things after test driving one at a local dealership, needed something that allowed me and my gf to continue going camping but something that had more power to it and more for that life style.

I definitely got some luxury add ons that I wanted, but I love it, it's so much fun driving. It's black on black.

Jacques The Mayor

Aug 29, 2011
wastings mn
You can turn any cars heater on max. The car is exceedingly cold because there's nothing to insulate. Which means the heat quickly dissipates. The heater throws hot air at you, it doesn't heat the car because it can't be heated properly.

That's not true at all I've had my wrangler for 5 years and it's barely ever gone past a quarter of the way up with the heater unless I'm defrosting the Windows during the cold Minnesota winter months. You're right about not caring about infotainment and road noise tho. The ride isn't too terrible tho and I do take mine out on trails throughout the summer so I guess I'll take a rougher ride with the ability to go basically anywhere.

Goonzilla

Welcome to my house!
Feb 18, 2014
The rink ..too often
2017 Colorado Crew Cab with the Duramax turbo-diesel, black, on 18 inch wheels with plenty of add ons. I love it. Gets over 450 miles on a tank.

I've kept my old Passat as a run around and for the kids to use.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
That's not true at all I've had my wrangler for 5 years and it's barely ever gone past a quarter of the way up with the heater unless I'm defrosting the Windows during the cold Minnesota winter months. You're right about not caring about infotainment and road noise tho. The ride isn't too terrible tho and I do take mine out on trails throughout the summer so I guess I'll take a rougher ride with the ability to go basically anywhere.

Maybe you don't mind the cold. The poor heat retention is a common Wrangler complaint, it has far less insulation than most cars (arguably any, since they don't really have a headliner). It's why installing a headliner for lower road noise/better insulation is a common modification.

Also, if you own a Wrangler for awhile you're probably use to it.

Jacques The Mayor

Aug 29, 2011
wastings mn
Maybe you don't mind the cold. The poor heat retention is a common Wrangler complaint, it has far less insulation than most cars (arguably any, since they don't really have a headliner). It's why installing a headliner for lower road noise/better insulation is a common modification.

Also, if you own a Wrangler for awhile you're probably use to it.

I actually prefer to be cold so that probably is true. My girlfriend is a freeze baby tho and she doesn't seem to ever complain about that. She complains about plenty of other things.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Audi A6 Quattro. I both love and hate it. Drives awesome and I invested in performance parts but it’s a pricey car to upgrade.

Reactions: RichWVU

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
I have a Mercedes 200 SLK Amg Line 2014 Diamantsilver only drive it summertime never even been driven in rain ,my little brother have a 2016 Las Vegas Yellow Audi R8 with 612 hk =)

RichWVU

Sep 17, 2014
Audi A6 Quattro. I both love and hate it. Drives awesome and I invested in performance parts but it’s a pricey car to upgrade.

What year? Buddy of mine has a '15 model, and between all the AWD and transmission tricks, it keeps up with my M5 up to about 70mph even though it's down a good 100-150hp.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Audi s3. Looooove it. Small, fast, and comfortable. Daily driver, will be out in winters here. New 17" snow set replaced the 19" summer tires last week.
Not going to mess with it until the warranty is up though i hear it the transmission and other internals can handle a lot more horsepower, and an APR stage 1 will cut a second off 0-60 to 3.8 ish. I'm hauling kids around so i don't go nuts too often but I do love me an entrance ramp.

bestia1

Nov 17, 2017
I mostly walk , bike or take a train. Faster here in NYC. When I do drive (rarely) I have a Toyota Yaris. No pic since its out of state right now. No one is crazy enough to drive in NYC traffic except taxis. :)
Cheers

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
2017 BMW 5 series xDrive

2017-bmw-540i-xdrive-test-review-car-and-driver-photo-675495-s-original.jpg

url

url

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Huzzah for year round sports car'ing! Do any racing with the S2K? Autocross, track days?

I've autocrossed it before. The AP1 as-is, is not a good autocrosser, especially on the DZ101s that I have on it. It's twitchy, it oversteers like a bastard, and is unpredictable at times. I was fighting gremlins in it this year so I didn't get out to race, and I just went through 2 differentials in October. Looking at getting rid of it and into a Z4M Roadster shortly.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
You drive a S2000 year-round in Ottawa? Jesus Christ. I even feel sad for the car when I see AWD sports cars like a TT being driven in the winter.

It's really not that bad, the car has to be respected. My car is very clean underneath - it just needs to have the oil coating done annually and frequent washes. Even after winter usage, my 110k mile AP1 looks better underneath than a 30k mile AP2 that I drove back to Winnipeg for my friend. His sat on the coast, was only driven in the summer, but had some surface rust on smaller bits. Nothing major, but it still shows what good treatment can do for a car.

I bought mine as a no-accident car, but as I was going to sell the car in August one year, a guy hit my AP1 while it was parked, sliding down the whole car. A $12.5k insurance claim tends to destroy resale value, and by the time I got the car back, my only choice for winter transportation was to get a set of winter tires.

Edit: the AP1, the race car back home, and the childhood project that is still miles away from completion.

24059123_10155274716299492_5761246457821610353_n.jpg
11096608_10152895968794492_2848355857363088840_n.jpg
13043246_10153676409709492_3559020183412801112_n.jpg

Last edited:

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
It's really not that bad, the car has to be respected. My car is very clean underneath - it just needs to have the oil coating done annually and frequent washes. Even after winter usage, my 110k mile AP1 looks better underneath than a 30k mile AP2 that I drove back to Winnipeg for my friend. His sat on the coast, was only driven in the summer, but had some surface rust on smaller bits. Nothing major, but it still shows what good treatment can do for a car.

I bought mine as a no-accident car, but as I was going to sell the car in August one year, a guy hit my AP1 while it was parked, sliding down the whole car. A $12.5k insurance claim tends to destroy resale value, and by the time I got the car back, my only choice for winter transportation was to get a set of winter tires.

Edit: the AP1, the race car back home, and the childhood project that is still miles away from completion.

It’s more a safety issue for me. Even with snows, it’s a low, RWD sports car. Not judging, it’s just something I couldn’t do. I’ve thought about buying an AWD sports car like a TT RS or a CPO Carerra 4 so I don’t have to tuck it away in the winter, but besides the fact I should spend my money more wisely, I just can’t being myself to daily something like that in the winter.

RichWVU

Sep 17, 2014
I've autocrossed it before. The AP1 as-is, is not a good autocrosser, especially on the DZ101s that I have on it. It's twitchy, it oversteers like a bastard, and is unpredictable at times. I was fighting gremlins in it this year so I didn't get out to race, and I just went through 2 differentials in October. Looking at getting rid of it and into a Z4M Roadster shortly.

I mean, my autocrosser is over 4k pounds, the car doesn't have to be good at it to be fun :D

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
wouldn't that s2000 just be a snowplow?
And good on the gt3 driver for having it out in the snow...

So you have ceramic coat for protection or what? does it really last a couple years?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad