What do you drive?

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
update. picked it up the other week. upgraded the tires to Duratrac LTs though. beefy as all hell and kick ass for rural Manitoba winters. Feels more like a family vehicle though as I went with the third seat/fold down console in the front and not the full middle console that attaches to the dash and splits the front like my last FX4. 1600 kms and I have to say the v8 5.0 with the sport mode and lighter frame this truck can move pretty good but would be faster with stock tires.

exact truck minus the stock tires.

maxresdefault.jpg

Beauty! I can't even imagine how much gas that must drink.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
The delivery driver at work was sick two days ago, and I had to drive the new Ford Transit panel van to do the bank deposit. It has the world's worst transmission. It's everything you hate in an automatic. It's vague. It's hesitant. It's jumpy off the line, but it hates kicking down. You shift into reverse and I swear the car says: "............oh, you wanna go backwards!" *KA-CHUNK* beep, beep, beep...

It's really quite awful to drive. It feels a lot bigger than it actually is, and being a panel van everything is one big blind spot. The nav system sucks. Granted, I spend no time in the thing normally, but it's still annoying.

We used to have a Chevy HHR panel car. I actually had to drive it quite a bit for a few years; vastly prefer it even though it's a lot smaller. Not that the HHR is a good car by any stretch of the imagination. Parts fell off of it on a regular basis, things shook and rattled in it, but it was still endearing in its own way. The turning radius is very tight on it, so it's very maneuverable in tight alleys, it was quick off the line without the neck-snapping jumpiness of the Ford, and of course, it wasn't mine. I ratbagged the living **** out of that thing, and it remained my good luck charm. Over the now nine years I've worked for my employers, I'm the only driver (out of four) who never got a ticket and never got into an accident. Even though I know I'm easily the hardest on the cars. When I was training one guy, a couple of times I had to say: "Okay. Don't do what I just did."

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Yep. That was really the only color option for me. The metallic flake is amazing. It seems to change from a dark orange in low light to a bright yellow in direct light. The new triple yellow on the '17 ST's is so bad. It's far too pastel.

I'm surprised you don't like nitrous blue on the RS. It's grabber blue with the metallic flake in it. I think I may like it more than tangerine scream. That would be the only option for me on an RS. You can't even capture how great it is in a picture. Only in person.

The rear end of the RS is where it looks far better than the new ST's in my opinion. The '15+ ST's like mine have the worst rear bumpers ever. Obviously not deal breaking, but it is bad.

389facd4-859d-4461-83e1-988b56ed85d1_zps4ktqqnor.jpg

**** I've probably seen your car a time or two at C&C :laugh:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Its actually fantastic. The auto transmissions make a huge effect.

I wanted a Ram 1500 instead of my Rubicon and the gas mileage is fantastic for a car with that kind of mileage.

Keep in mind im a lifted Rubicon driver, so nothing over 15 miles

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

couldn't tell ya :laugh: but it really isn't too bad at all. Keep in mind I do live in rural Manitoba were the cost of housing and living is much lower than a metropolis area so I have a lot of extra money for toys, gas and savings.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
**** I've probably seen your car a time or two at C&C :laugh:

Probably. I was there this weekend albeit briefly. My good friend has one of the two blue RC-F's that are there regularly that I'd imagine you've seen if you go regularly.

RC-F is a pretty awesome car. Not an M4 killer by any means but that doesn't make it any less cool. With exhaust it sounds almost like an exotic.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
2013 Subaru Impreza hatchback, specifically this one:

2925z6q.jpg

I love it, but a nagging part of me always wishes it was a WRX, however I'm still at a stage in my life when it isn't financially responsible for me to own one. Also, I don't know if I would want to subject one to my daily commute, so it would probably have to be a weekend car.

Last edited:

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
2013 Subaru Impreza hatchback, specifically this one:

2925z6q.jpg

I love it, but a nagging part of me always wishes it was a WRX, however I'm still at a stage in my life when it isn't financially responsible for me to own one. Also, I don't know if I would want to subject one to my daily commute, so it would probably have to be a weekend car.

Does it burn a lot of oil? I had a 2012 that burned through a quart of oil between oil changes (8000km)

I recently upgraded to an outback and I'm really happy, but it's definitely more of an old man's car.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Not really.

I try not to be ignorant of the anecdotes of Subies burning oil so I do tend to check the oil about once a month.

I do about 6,500-ish miles per oil change and have changed it twice since getting the car. I have never noticed a substantial/alarming decrease towards the lower end of the normal range on checking the dipstick and haven't had to top off my oil between changes yet.

Last edited:

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
The delivery driver at work was sick two days ago, and I had to drive the new Ford Transit panel van to do the bank deposit. It has the world's worst transmission. It's everything you hate in an automatic. It's vague. It's hesitant. It's jumpy off the line, but it hates kicking down. You shift into reverse and I swear the car says: "............oh, you wanna go backwards!" *KA-CHUNK* beep, beep, beep...

It's really quite awful to drive. It feels a lot bigger than it actually is, and being a panel van everything is one big blind spot. The nav system sucks. Granted, I spend no time in the thing normally, but it's still annoying.

We used to have a Chevy HHR panel car. I actually had to drive it quite a bit for a few years; vastly prefer it even though it's a lot smaller. Not that the HHR is a good car by any stretch of the imagination. Parts fell off of it on a regular basis, things shook and rattled in it, but it was still endearing in its own way. The turning radius is very tight on it, so it's very maneuverable in tight alleys, it was quick off the line without the neck-snapping jumpiness of the Ford, and of course, it wasn't mine. I ratbagged the living **** out of that thing, and it remained my good luck charm. Over the now nine years I've worked for my employers, I'm the only driver (out of four) who never got a ticket and never got into an accident. Even though I know I'm easily the hardest on the cars. When I was training one guy, a couple of times I had to say: "Okay. Don't do what I just did."

Do Fords still use Sync? It's like the worst infortainment system I've used. My dad's Edge has it, and so does our hand-me-down Police Interceptor at the lab (one of the perks of working for the state, we get the former highway patrol cars for our motor pool vehicles).

Everything about the car is awesome (stupid fast and decent MPG when not gunning it), except Sync, doesn't work for **** with Android phones either, kind of sucky when I had to drive 3 hours each way for court last month and no music. :(

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Do Fords still use Sync? It's like the worst infortainment system I've used. My dad's Edge has it, and so does our hand-me-down Police Interceptor at the lab (one of the perks of working for the state, we get the former highway patrol cars for our motor pool vehicles).

Everything about the car is awesome (stupid fast and decent MPG when not gunning it), except Sync, doesn't work for **** with Android phones either, kind of sucky when I had to drive 3 hours each way for court last month and no music. :(

They still use Sync but the new Sync 3 system is a vast improvement over the past editions. Night and day.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
I think most people that buy a Wrangler don't give a single **** about the infotainment system. At least not if you're using a Wrangler what it was designed for.

Majority of people who buy Wrangler's aren't taking them serious off-roading anyway. They're using them as urban daily drivers that they think look cool. You're right that they don't care about the infotainment. However, they also don't care that it doesn't drive good, it's frozen in the winter, it's not comfortable, and you can hear every bit of road noise.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Majority of people who buy Wrangler's aren't taking them serious off-roading anyway. They're using them as urban daily drivers that they think look cool. You're right that they don't care about the infotainment. However, they also don't care that it doesn't drive good, it's frozen in the winter, it's not comfortable, and you can hear every bit of road noise.

Frozen in winter? The heater is close to a flamethrower, its hot enough.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Frozen in winter? The heater is close to a flamethrower, its hot enough.

You can turn any cars heater on max. The car is exceedingly cold because there's nothing to insulate. Which means the heat quickly dissipates. The heater throws hot air at you, it doesn't heat the car because it can't be heated properly.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
I've got a POS 06 Pontiac G6 that I'm hoping to get another year out of. Been scoping out various cars/hatchbacks for the next purchase. We've already got a '10 CX9 for hauling kids around. Test drove a '16 maxima. It was alright. I'm currently digging the Infiniti Q50. Been looking at the '14/'15's on those. I like what Honda did with the new civics as well. Thankfully my G6 runs well enough that I've got time to look around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad