What do you drive?

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
wouldn't that s2000 just be a snowplow?
And good on the gt3 driver for having it out in the snow...

So you have ceramic coat for protection or what? does it really last a couple years?
Just saw this...if query directed at my GT3...have a full ppf with overlying ceramic nanocoating. Also, avoid salt and wash it after it’s been out playing in the snow.

I’ve always bought cars to enjoy them, which means they’re driven. Put over 120,000 miles on an M5.

Reactions: RichWVU

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I drive a 2005 Toyota Avalon. Got it in January to replace my '04 Dodge Stratus that shit the bed. So happy that I went with Toyota after a Taurus and Stratus that both turned out to be moneypits.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
no ventilated seats though. :(

Virtual cockpit is kinda nice. Not sure i'd call it a must have (like heated seats and AWD for us) but it's cool. Wonder when someone is going to crack it to display video.

I ended up cancelling the order. Enough things about the trim choices bothered me (ex. no black headliner on top trim, only two-tone seats available with black headliner), and just other weird things like even 19" wheels looking too small on it, lack of power in top gear, weirdly proptioned interior (although I still think it's quite nice).

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
I ended up cancelling the order. Enough things about the trim choices bothered me (ex. no black headliner on top trim, only two-tone seats available with black headliner), and just other weird things like even 19" wheels looking too small on it, lack of power in top gear, weirdly proptioned interior (although I still think it's quite nice).

I swear i just read the next R will have 400hp...You waiting for that?

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
I swear i just read the next R will have 400hp...You waiting for that?

I might buy an Arteon to be honest.

I’m skepical the 400hp R will come here unless it’s the standard power for the Mk. 8 R. Though I was thinking about buying a colour option R (either blue or green) but they’re $50K plus CAD.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Been driving around in a Red Toyota Corolla with over 150,000 miles on it.
Late nineties model and still runs well

Fulham

Jan 6, 2015
2017 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Love it, so many logging road adventures nearby , and the V6 gets pretty good fuel economy

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Just bought a 2018 Challenger, I have had two previously (Both V6 models) but now I've upgraded. I'm in love.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Picked up a 2019 Ram Laramie as a daily.

Impressed with what Ram has done to the truck for the refresh. Wanted the 6.4L lol, but the interior and drive is improved over the 4th Gen.

Buttons85

RJ & Rayzor Fan Club
Jan 31, 2013
Austin, TX
2008 Saab 9-3 Aero. Laser red!

upload_2018-7-6_23-21-8.png

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
HDF_4S.png

just traded my 2015 228 xdrive for a 2017 Outback last week. Surprisingly, I couldn't be happier.

228 had signs that it was gonna start nickle/diming me to death since the warranty was due to run out in December. In the last few months, I had a drivetrain malfunction, plug/coils replaced due to a misfire, the AC condenser replaced, and both sets of rotors were warped despite having them replaced around the 25k mark. Car had barely turned 37k miles. The last straw for me was going on a weekend road trip two weeks ago and bubbling a tire. I call roadside and they recommend me a dealership 90 miles away, which to their credit was the closest one. Since it was an oddball size (something like 235-40zr18 or 19), the dealership couldn't get a tire until Wednesday. The place that they source their tires from, which the service folks were nice enough to give me a number, said they couldn't get anything until Tuesday. Being 430 miles away from home and due to be at work on Monday since I was the only one from our department in office for the majority of the week, that really wasn't an option to wait 3 days for a tire. Probably not my best choice, but I limped home at 60-65 mph on my bubbled tire, swearing at every passing car. But running that slow in eco mode also allowed me to get almost 40 mpg, so there's that.

The Outback is what I needed. It's roomy, it has enough options to keep me happy, get surprisingly good mileage on long trips, and obviously is gonna save me some money. Probably close to 1000/yr after the difference in insurance, gas (not having to use 93 vs 87), the lower payment, etc. They also included gap insurance, free oil changes, and free road hazard on the wheels and tires along with bumper to bumper coverage up to 100k. Considering the car only has 8k on it, that's not a bad deal.

Reactions: New Jersey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad