What do you drive?

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I bought a motorcycle today

00101_lH7IIKGkOqo_600x450.jpg

Looks yellow in the pic, but it's actually orange. It's a Buell Ulysses, 1200 cc. Buells are basically sportbikes, but built with heavy-duty parts and Harley-Davidson engines.

I hadn't been on a bike in a while, this thing has so much torque I almost put myself in a ditch on the way home.

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I bought a motorcycle today

00101_lH7IIKGkOqo_600x450.jpg

Looks yellow in the pic, but it's actually orange. It's a Buell Ulysses, 1200 cc. Buells are basically sportbikes, but built with heavy-duty parts and Harley-Davidson engines.

I hadn't been on a bike in a while, this thing has so much torque I almost put myself in a ditch on the way home.

Nice one. Plz remove the windshield.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
2012 Honda Civic EX, the ******* step child of Civics.

I really like the 2017's, but I only have 17,300 and change on it, and it's paid for - bought it when gas was $4/gallon in CA, and thought I would end up moving to LA or something. Now I just walk to work 99.9% of the time.

Will end up investing in a set of snows for it though, it's a terrible handling car in the winter.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
97 Camry, It is very reliable at least :laugh: .

Toyotas last forever.
I have a '98 Corolla. Everything is still pretty good except the brakes. Like the first half of pushing the pedal doesn't do anything, so you really have to press it to stop. More of a local car and parking in tight places where I don't mind if another car dents it when opening their door. Freeway driving is too much of an adventure. :laugh:

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
They're just such great fun little cars. Had mine for 3 years and its been nothing but good to me

The day I brought it home:
10013711_10202055988070249_1782849672_n_zpsd6nzbtfv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

How it sits now:
18620395_10210123577514943_5500143853220250022_n_zpsagpyqmrp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here's mine:

I always say I'm going to put money in my car, buy this, buy that, new stereo, new wheels, etc etc etc...I *never* do. Actually, the TR6 was a brief exception to that rule, but sadly it didn't last.

*edit* And oh yeah, I have nothing but good times in this car. I can't say enough good things about the Acura RSX model line. I just wish Honda would get off their ***** and make a new version.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Here's mine:

I always say I'm going to put money in my car, buy this, buy that, new stereo, new wheels, etc etc etc...I *never* do. Actually, the TR6 was a brief exception to that rule, but sadly it didn't last.

*edit* And oh yeah, I have nothing but good times in this car. I can't say enough good things about the Acura RSX model line. I just wish Honda would get off their ***** and make a new version.

I hear the type R is gonna be awesome but at 35k starting price..

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
Here's mine:

Can't tell if its just the picture or not but your paint is in incredible shape for being Milano Red. My buddy has an 04 in the same color and his paint is so faded its pretty much pink

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Can't tell if its just the picture or not but your paint is in incredible shape for being Milano Red. My buddy has an 04 in the same color and his paint is so faded its pretty much pink

It is actually a little faded on the roof and rear hatch, but not badly. Still garage kept, still rarely driven as I take transit to work. I live right along the skytrain line, and there's nowhere to bloody park near where I work so the difference in time saved by driving versus increased cost to gas, insurance, loss of tax writeoff just isn't worthwhile. So it's still basically babied.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Yup. First Type R ever to be sold in canada i believe. Will debut next month I think. 305 HP track monster. I think it owns every production car on the nurburging. Basically getting a pocket rocket for 35k.

It's $35,000 USD so expect it to be $40,000+ in Canada. So similar pricing to the Focus RS, WRX STI, Golf R and S3.

https://www.honda.ca/future-vehicles

Honda Canada says low $40k range. It has a lot of competiton at that price point.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
The hot hatch market is hot again. But its so expensive.

Subarus and VWs were always too expensive

Subaru and VW are premium entry level brands, it makes sense they cost more than other mass market brands. They tend to be of pretty good value too. GTI for example, interior is better and has more upscale materials than many luxury cars, an abundance of standard features, 18 inch aluminum rims standard. Not much better for around $30,000. The performance hatches, I agree tend to be a little too expensive, but they sell well so there is a market for them.

Today, $30-40,000 for a car really isn't all that much. Payments between $400-450/month. My partner drives a leased 2016 manual GTI with several options in the low $400s a month.

When you think about how most entry level luxury cars (A4, 3-Series, C-Class) are going for the low $50k range after taxes, $40k for a premium hot hatch isn't too bad.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Subaru and VW are premium entry level brands, it makes sense they cost more than other mass market brands. They tend to be of pretty good value too. GTI for example, interior is better and has more upscale materials than many luxury cars, an abundance of standard features, 18 inch aluminum rims standard. Not much better for around $30,000. The performance hatches, I agree tend to be a little too expensive, but they sell well so there is a market for them.

Today, $30-40,000 for a car really isn't all that much. Payments between $400-450/month. My partner drives a leased 2016 manual GTI with several options in the low $400s a month.

When you think about how most entry level luxury cars (A4, 3-Series, C-Class) are going for the low $50k range after taxes, $40k for a premium hot hatch isn't too bad.

Yeah I know, but still. The Hot hatch category was much more of a economy track car than what it is today.

Same goes for offroaders. Toyotas, pickups, wranglers.. Theyre all so expensive its crazy. I drive a 50k Wrangler. Thats ridiculous for what it is.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Yeah I know, but still. The Hot hatch category was much more of a economy track car than what it is today.

Same goes for offroaders. Toyotas, pickups, wranglers.. Theyre all so expensive its crazy. I drive a 50k Wrangler. Thats ridiculous for what it is.

I mean they still are relatively speaking. What's the next level of track cars, Corvette's, Boxsters/Cayman's? I have a base 2015 Cayman, not even an S, that's almost barebones (which is pretty hard for Porsche's). All in, it was over $70,000. And honestly there isn't much in the segment cheaper except for the rather awful SLC and Z4.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I mean they still are relatively speaking. What's the next level of track cars, Corvette's, Boxsters/Cayman's? I have a base 2015 Cayman, not even an S, that's almost barebones (which is pretty hard for Porsche's). All in, it was over $70,000. And honestly there isn't much in the segment cheaper except for the rather awful SLC and Z4.

Damn thats pretty cheap for a Porsche. Have any pictures?

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Yup. First Type R ever to be sold in canada i believe. Will debut next month I think. 305 HP track monster. I think it owns every production car on the nurburging. Basically getting a pocket rocket for 35k.

Ohhhh the Civic type r, not a new Acura RSX. AAAAAAAAAAACK. Got my hopes up there.

Okay, I know I know. But still.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Damn thats pretty cheap for a Porsche. Have any pictures?

I mean they technically start at like $55k it's just impossible to get one that low. The ones on the lots will have options and the dealers really don't want to order a bare bones one for anyone.

No pictures, mostly because I'm anal/paranoid about putting anything that could locate me on the internet. Don't have Facebook or any pictures of me either. However, it's just a black Cayman. Last year before the switch to the 718 body style I think?

It's pretty close to this but without a lot of the options
http://m.autotrader.ca/a/Porsche/Ca...nclk=1&ursrc=mb_mhl&upsp=1&upsc=2&orup=1_10_6

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad