What do you drive?

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
In 1994 I went into debt to buy a TR6 that I didn't need in any way, shape or form. In terms of an investment, it's probably the single stupidest thing I've ever spent money on (aside from years of smoking and drinking and other things).

But damn it was the most fun I've ever had on four wheels. I loved that car more than some girlfriends I've had.

If you want an investment, buy some T bills. Car =/= investment in 99.9999% of cases.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
maxresdefault.jpg

I own a lot of very nice and expensive vehicles, but this is actually one of my favorites.

**Stock image from Google**

Chairman Mallard

Mar 9, 2007
Santa Rosa
I like cars. I enjoy them. Otherwise I would not be posting here. I'm just saying, saving money is smart. I love music too, but I can't say I don't feel some regret after spending $40 on a record I don't really need. All I'm saying is, dude's self-restraint is admirable.

Yeah my self restraint is getting tested very often lately though, haha. I look at upgrading quite often but haven't been able to pull the trigger yet, and i'd have to do a lot of test driving first because I am not even sold on what I'd get yet anyways my mind's still kinda all over the place with potential new rides.

GTI / Golf R
WRX

Yet Part of me also wants a truck instead and so I've been looking at the new Colorado ZR2 quite a bit as well.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yeah my self restraint is getting tested very often lately though, haha. I look at upgrading quite often but haven't been able to pull the trigger yet, and i'd have to do a lot of test driving first because I am not even sold on what I'd get yet anyways my mind's still kinda all over the place with potential new rides.

GTI / Golf R
WRX

Yet Part of me also wants a truck instead and so I've been looking at the new Colorado ZR2 quite a bit as well.

Yep, I spent a long while debating a Colorado, even in its z71 model.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
2013 Mini Cooper S Clubman in British Racing Green

I love the design of Minis from that 2nd generation. Modern retro styling. I also love the way it drives. Really responsive and really fun. It's quirky too with the suicide door and the barn doors in back. Warranty timeline and mileage will hit at essentially the exact same time next month but i have extended service so I'll keep it at least another two years. Ideally though I'll have it for a very long time as kind of a personal collector's car that I love.

Not a fan of where Mini is going. They're all getting bigger and the 3rd generation designs aren't as good as the 2nd gen designs were. That said I understand Mini's reasoning as it makes better sense in driving sales and getting more people into a Mini. However for me if I were to get one today I'd probably only consider the Countryman.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

they are pretty nice. I was looking at one for the gf, but decided there is no way I would buy new as I cant see them keeping anywhere near their sale value due to being such a small truck. Over 40K in Canada is outrageous for what you get, will be interesting to see the price they will have on the ones that come back from leases.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
they are pretty nice. I was looking at one for the gf, but decided there is no way I would buy new as I cant see them keeping anywhere near their sale value due to being such a small truck. Over 40K in Canada is outrageous for what you get, will be interesting to see the price they will have on the ones that come back from leases.

Agreed. Its even more outrageous when you can get a 1500 for the same money.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY

GTI / Golf R
WRX

I like that truck a lot. If I was going to buy a pickup I would look into that one.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
2012 Ford F-350.

I wanted just a 150, but for whatever reason, home boy at the dealership essentially refused to let me leave without it. Must have gotten a bonus or something for selling it.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
2012 Fiat 500 - been a great car, love driving it around the city, almost no parking space too small/ no U-turn too tight

one negative is we just had a baby, that makes for a tight squeeze, probably still keep it another few years though

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
2013 Mini Cooper S Clubman in British Racing Green

I love the design of Minis from that 2nd generation. Modern retro styling. I also love the way it drives. Really responsive and really fun. It's quirky too with the suicide door and the barn doors in back. Warranty timeline and mileage will hit at essentially the exact same time next month but i have extended service so I'll keep it at least another two years. Ideally though I'll have it for a very long time as kind of a personal collector's car that I love.

Not a fan of where Mini is going. They're all getting bigger and the 3rd generation designs aren't as good as the 2nd gen designs were. That said I understand Mini's reasoning as it makes better sense in driving sales and getting more people into a Mini. However for me if I were to get one today I'd probably only consider the Countryman.

I used to have a 2007 mini cooper but traded it in a couple years ago. Drove great and really easy to park, but the car's cabin noise was pretty bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad