Nov 18, 2017
I hear you with you Nissan problems and raise you

The holy grail of lemons...

My 2011 mini cooper clubman

Dont.
Ever.
Buy.
Mini.

A while ago I test drove a Mini with a girl who really wanted it. I think it was a 2009.

It drove great, like a little go kart. But TWO things broke off during the test drive. Seriously. We were checking the radio and AC iirc.

I'm assuming they were probably already broken and the dealership had attempted to "fix" them.

lol No more Mini,

alexsandro22

Sep 13, 2019
Ford Fusion since 2017 but I'm gonna replace it soon. I am a big fan of MB. Moreover I've already pre-ordered Mercedes-Benz s63 AMG in Chicago but I still have no idea how to ship a car to California where I live. I've checked about HowToTransport.com services and I guess it's the right option for my case. Anyway I hope I will reply to this thread soon with the answer like "I drive s63 amg" :D

Last edited:

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
2011 buick lacrosse cxl. absolutely love this car. great on gas and an incredibly smooth ride. perfect for winter time as well. got a great deal on it.

1533575357026.jpg

Reactions: River Meadow

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Here's the 64 Malibu the day I bought it, roughly 2 months ago. My father owned it and sold it 20 years ago and we got it back. I slapped hand controls on it because my father couldn't access the pedals easily, as he's got limited mobility. I had to "teach" him how to drive it yesterday. We need to replace the steering column with a tilt but he managed the hand controls decent enough

Attachments

• IMG_2356_Original.jpg
    IMG_2356_Original.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2363_Original.jpg
    IMG_2363_Original.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8986_Original.jpg
    IMG_8986_Original.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: HansonBro and TaLoN

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I'm down to one VQ.

All of them extremely reliable, never a single issue with engines / trans, much less anything electrical. Up until 2013, great build quality.

I've had a 00 Maxima with the 3.0, an 06 G35x with all possible bolt-ons, this Z33 I crashed late September and the only one I have left, the 13 G37xS.

10 pm in the rain, roundabout, exit uphill, standing water on roundabout exit, old RE050As in the rear (265/35R19) and too much throttle of course. Frame was sectioned off, spring and half-shaft left on the grass and picked up later. Wheel only connected to its brake line, nightmare of a tow job. 19K in assessed damages. Bye Z.

20200622_071023.jpg

20200930_011433.jpg

20201002_141404.jpg

20201016_150554.jpg

20201016_150422.jpg

I got the system back though. The system will live again one day. All quality stuff from the 03 to 08 era of car audio.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
^^^^Ugh. Always sucks when that happens.

On the good news front, my new rims finally showed up just in time to be a birthday present to myself.

new shoes.jpg

I put snow tires on the OEM rims, and I store those at my mom's place; she lives in a nicer neighbourhood and has a lot bigger storage locker in her building than I do in mine. She's taken to calling the new rims my "pimp wheels". In her defense, her experience with pimps is very limited.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I put snow tires on the OEM rims,
I put snow tires on a new set of rims on my Audi. The OEM rims are split 5 spoke. The split spoke encourages more snow buildup which throws the wheels off balance in the winter more frequently, so I got solid 5 spoke TSW rims for the snow tires.

OEM

TSW

Plus, the TSW rims really match the color of the side mirrors... ;)

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Here's the 64 Malibu the day I bought it, roughly 2 months ago. My father owned it and sold it 20 years ago and we got it back. I slapped hand controls on it because my father couldn't access the pedals easily, as he's got limited mobility. I had to "teach" him how to drive it yesterday. We need to replace the steering column with a tilt but he managed the hand controls decent enough
Your Malibu is freaking sexy.

Reactions: TD Charlie

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
My driveway/garage is pretty much a mini salvage yard:

-2008 Honda Fit Sport M/T - My everyday driver/dog hauler/road trip car/grocery getter
-2008 Jeep Patriot 4x4 A/T - GF's former daily driver that needs to go ASAP
-2002 Ford Escape 4x4 A/T - GF's current driver
-1994 Dodge Dakota V8 RWD A/T - thirsty 200k mile street legal wheelbarrow that's only good at hauling stuff and doing burnouts (has intake, headers, 3" axle dumped single exhaust and MOPAR Perf. ECU)
-1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD M/T - Fun Car/Project (mostly just an oddly reliable bolt on EvoIII 16G car on stock tune/fuel...)
-1993 Mercury Capri XR2 M/T - Broken "Super Budget" Fun Car/Project (waiting on me to install a new convertible top, replace broken trans, install eBay 6 puck clutch/"hybrid" turbo made from a Probe and Thunderbird IHI turbo's/FMIC made from one of the various intercoolers and plumbing collecting dust in my garage/boost controller/budget coilovers and fab up an exhaust...
-1991 Dodge Spirit R/T M/T - Fun Car/Project (stock turbo with 3" straight pipe, FMIC and some other bolt ons...)

Just left:
-2006 Chevy Cobalt SS/SC M/T - Bought it with a bad motor. Ended up parting it out and scrapping the shell because the rest of the car was pretty trashed as well

Coming soon:
-2000 Chevy Camaro Z28 A/T - Another Fun Car/Project that I'm picking up from a friend, although my GF will probably end up driving it most of the time :help:

Figured I should update mine after 2 years.

Still have the Dakota, Talon, Capri, Spirit, Camaro and Fit, although I barely drive it now due to working from home and grocery getting, road tripping and dog hauling is mostly done in my then GF now Fiance's car.

Gone are the Escape and Patriot.

I've since added:

2008 Cadillac Escalade - Fiance's daily driver
1997 Geo Prizm M/T - lowered POS made to look like a poor man's Harlequin VW Golf. I actually want to part it out and scrap it, but all the pandemic stuff has made it hard to get to the SOS here in MI so I can transfer the title
1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - Car I drove in high school that's been sitting at my Dad's house for 13 years that needs a lot of work

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I had a 2009 Altima, so I want to add to the shit on Nissan parade.

Two separate issues caused the car to not start. First, the brake switch failed, so the push-to-start couldn't recognize me pressing the brake. Then, the steering column lock completely failed, which bricked the car until the dealership installed a new one (for free).

I don't live in a very hot climate, but the dashboard had starting melting when the car was 5 or 6 years old. Another minor issue was the radio would act up on hot days with the display just showing gibberish.

Issues aside, the car was the epitome of a tool to get you from point A to point B, because you wouldn't want to drive it anywhere else, which is probably how I never had CVT issues.

It's look could best be described as a hideously squished and elongated version of the late 90's Beetles. Whenever I see an Altima with tinted windows, I know that it's because the driver doesn't want to be seen in one.
Wife's 2018 Murano Platinum AWD has now had the Transmission Module, left cv axle and drive shaft damper replaced under warranty and the ebs sensor replaced for $581 on my dime (went out at 38k miles, 2k over the warranty). The car just turned 40k miles and I've done every scheduled maintenance required. I can't wait to trade if in for a Lexus or Toyota.

Reactions: Sega Dreamcast

member 157595

Figured I should update mine after 2 years.

Still have the Dakota, Talon, Capri, Spirit, Camaro and Fit, although I barely drive it now due to working from home and grocery getting, road tripping and dog hauling is mostly done in my then GF now Fiance's car.

Gone are the Escape and Patriot.

I've since added:

2008 Cadillac Escalade - Fiance's daily driver
1997 Geo Prizm M/T - lowered POS made to look like a poor man's Harlequin VW Golf. I actually want to part it out and scrap it, but all the pandemic stuff has made it hard to get to the SOS here in MI so I can transfer the title
1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - Car I drove in high school that's been sitting at my Dad's house for 13 years that needs a lot of work

...I wish I lived in an area where I could afford a huge garage. :laugh:

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Wife's 2018 Murano Platinum AWD has now had the Transmission Module, left cv axle and drive shaft damper replaced under warranty and the mass air flow sensor replaced for $581 on my dime (went out at 38k miles, 2k over the warranty). The car just turned 40k miles and I've done every scheduled maintenance required. I can't wait to trade if in for a Lexus or Toyota.
Update. Had to take it back in today as I noticed transmission fluid all over my garage floor. all the seals on the transfer case have to be replaced and the seals around the oil filter had to be replaced. All in the last 30 days.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Update. Had to take it back in today as I noticed transmission fluid all over my garage floor. all the seals on the transfer case have to be replaced and the seals around the oil filter had to be replaced. All in the last 30 days.
That'd be awesome if your loaner car was a Chevy :laugh:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Wife's 2018 Murano Platinum AWD has now had the Transmission Module, left cv axle and drive shaft damper replaced under warranty and the ebs sensor replaced for $581 on my dime (went out at 38k miles, 2k over the warranty). The car just turned 40k miles and I've done every scheduled maintenance required. I can't wait to trade if in for a Lexus or Toyota.

Love the look of the new Maxima, inside and out. But I'd be terrified to own a Nissan. Just too many stories like this, and worse, of low mileage catastrophic failures.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
I like FJs Jeep’s and the new Bronco...
You like boxes and hard lines too I guess. I've always been the same way too

Same for me. If I could afford it, I'd get a Wrangler. But alas, I'm currently driving a 2015 Jeep Patriot which I like. Prior to that in reverse order I had a 2003 Liberty, a 2008 Liberty, and a 2006 Liberty.

This is a hockey board so I'll tell you my '06 Liberty Story. I was driving with my two sons to a Buffalo Sabres game. I got T-boned at an intersection and the Liberty flipped over onto its roof. A guy who works with me and lives nearby happened to pass the accident and when I saw him the next day he asked me if I saw the accident near where I live. I told him yes and that it was me. He thought that based on what he had seen, for sure there would have been fatalities. When I told him my sons and I crawled out okay, he was shocked. The other driver was fine too. I did cut my hand a shard of glass as I crawled out. Needless to say, we missed the game. Not sure if they always do this, but the local police gave us a ride home.

Anyway, I contacted the Sabres and told them the whole story of the accident that happened on the way to a Sabres game . I capped it off with how when I looked down at my cut hand, I was bleeding blue and gold. A couple of weeks later, three free tickets to a future game show up in my mailbox.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Same for me. If I could afford it, I'd get a Wrangler. But alas, I'm currently driving a 2015 Jeep Patriot which I like. Prior to that in reverse order I had a 2003 Liberty, a 2008 Liberty, and a 2006 Liberty.

This is a hockey board so I'll tell you my '06 Liberty Story. I was driving with my two sons to a Buffalo Sabres game. I got T-boned at an intersection and the Liberty flipped over onto its roof. A guy who works with me and lives nearby happened to pass the accident and when I saw him the next day he asked me if I saw the accident near where I live. I told him yes and that it was me. He thought that based on what he had seen, for sure there would have been fatalities. When I told him my sons and I crawled out okay, he was shocked. The other driver was fine too. I did cut my hand a shard of glass as I crawled out. Needless to say, we missed the game. Not sure if they always do this, but the local police gave us a ride home.

Anyway, I contacted the Sabres and told them the whole story of the accident that happened on the way to a Sabres game . I capped it off with how when I looked down at my cut hand, I was bleeding blue and gold. A couple of weeks later, three free tickets to a future game show up in my mailbox.

absolutely the right move on the Sabres behalf. Glad you and the boys were unharmed, but that sounds freaking scary as shit! I’ve had some fender benders and near misses at high speed and that was enough to push me into an instant cold sweat. I can’t imagine what a high speed rollover would be like. Although I did spin nearly a full and very drawn out 360 on 93 up in Lincoln in a minivan. It felt much slower and less scary than I imagined.

Anyway, i saw a new Wrangler ad the other day and they stuffed what I believe was a 392 into it. The ad was boasting some staggering numbers.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
absolutely the right move on the Sabres behalf. Glad you and the boys were unharmed, but that sounds freaking scary as shit! I’ve had some fender benders and near misses at high speed and that was enough to push me into an instant cold sweat. I can’t imagine what a high speed rollover would be like. Although I did spin nearly a full and very drawn out 360 on 93 up in Lincoln in a minivan. It felt much slower and less scary than I imagined.

Anyway, i saw a new Wrangler ad the other day and they stuffed what I believe was a 392 into it. The ad was boasting some staggering numbers.

I can assure that it was not fun. To hear my boys cry out as we got hit and then flipped over - not knowing what the outcome of the accident or rollover would be was the worst 30 or so seconds of my life. This happened in 2010, so they were 16 and 14 at the time. Thankfully, we all had our seatbelts on - even my son in the back seat. Hanging upside down was definitely freaky. I was just so relieved that there was nothing broken, or even worse, no spinal cord injuries.

And kudos to the Sabres for coming through. I like to think it was the bleeding blue and gold that sealed the deal

Reactions: TD Charlie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad