58E1357D-49D2-451B-9AED-67C6E430AA43.jpeg

For this

66122076-B849-4BC3-9A8B-3277AC72C243.jpeg

Reactions: TaLoN

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Update for all the zero people who care: I finally figured out how to pair my phone with my car via bluetooth and have spent the last two days roaring around the city blasting 90's thrash, industrial and alternative metal at everyone. Turns out the '13 Civic Si actually has a pretty badass 7-speaker stereo.

*edit* And the day after when I also pair my wife's phone to the car as well, I finally get called back in to my old job and now I'm no longer her chauffeur. :laugh: D'oh.

Last edited:

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Two weeks ago was my anniversary. Me and Mrs. PC celebrated 21 years together, checked into a fancy hotel downtown for a couple of days, then spontaneously decided to make a road trip down the valley to Hope. Yes, Hope. That's a place in BC; in fact where First Blood was filmed. Still sells souvenirs from that to this day. Nice little town snuggling in amongst the valleys...and annoying as shit to come back from. Bumper to bumper traffic all the way back on Sunday to get back into town...and this dick in an X5 of course manages to schmuck into my car from behind. Going zero miles an hour...still crashes into me. Car's in the body shop, got a loaner. 2018 Nissan Sentra.

What is it with Nissans? The only people buying the damn things these days are body shops and car rental places. I went to Vegas last year, rented a car, Nissan. My old car gets written off and I get a rental? Nissan. New car goes to the shop and I get a loaner? Nissan.

Sentras are boring as shit. Underpowered. Brakes are squishy. Suspension feels like you're sharing a waterbed with a gorilla who just doused himself with itching powder. There's some stupid forward collision warning light in the speedo that keeps going off...like I'm totally going to pay more attention to an annoying light on the dashboard over what I'm seeing through the windshield. And that's something that annoys me about a lot of the modern nanny systems and "safety" alerts; okay, I can see they're useful if you're 16, 17 and you just started driving and you need a buzzer to beep at you if you change lanes or remind you of basic shit, but they're just plain irritating if you've been driving for 30 years. Yeah, I know I'm cutting that guy off. I don't need flashing lights or electronic beeps admonishing me for it.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Two weeks ago was my anniversary. Me and Mrs. PC celebrated 21 years together, checked into a fancy hotel downtown for a couple of days, then spontaneously decided to make a road trip down the valley to Hope. Yes, Hope. That's a place in BC; in fact where First Blood was filmed. Still sells souvenirs from that to this day. Nice little town snuggling in amongst the valleys...and annoying as shit to come back from. Bumper to bumper traffic all the way back on Sunday to get back into town...and this dick in an X5 of course manages to schmuck into my car from behind. Going zero miles an hour...still crashes into me. Car's in the body shop, got a loaner. 2018 Nissan Sentra.

What is it with Nissans? The only people buying the damn things these days are body shops and car rental places. I went to Vegas last year, rented a car, Nissan. My old car gets written off and I get a rental? Nissan. New car goes to the shop and I get a loaner? Nissan.

Sentras are boring as shit. Underpowered. Brakes are squishy. Suspension feels like you're sharing a waterbed with a gorilla who just doused himself with itching powder. There's some stupid forward collision warning light in the speedo that keeps going off...like I'm totally going to pay more attention to an annoying light on the dashboard over what I'm seeing through the windshield. And that's something that annoys me about a lot of the modern nanny systems and "safety" alerts; okay, I can see they're useful if you're 16, 17 and you just started driving and you need a buzzer to beep at you if you change lanes or remind you of basic shit, but they're just plain irritating if you've been driving for 30 years. Yeah, I know I'm cutting that guy off. I don't need flashing lights or electronic beeps admonishing me for it.

You could write for Car and Driver or Edmunds. This is EXACTLY how you could describe the Sentra that I had, which granted was several years older but still! It's too bad they still haven't figured it out. Then again, the Sentra is their low budget econo-sedan. The Corolla crushes it in every category though. Given that they are roughly the same price, I'm not sure why anyone would ever buy a Sentra over a Corolla.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
You could write for Car and Driver or Edmunds. This is EXACTLY how you could describe the Sentra that I had, which granted was several years older but still! It's too bad they still haven't figured it out. Then again, the Sentra is their low budget econo-sedan. The Corolla crushes it in every category though. Given that they are roughly the same price, I'm not sure why anyone would ever buy a Sentra over a Corolla.
:laugh:

The Nissan Sentra is what WalMart would sell if they sold cars. You walk by and there's a grey thing with "Generic Sedan, 20% off!" on the label; that's a Sentra. The Altima I drove in Vegas for a week didn't do it for me either, but at least it was decent to look at. The satnav was awful, though. It had no idea where anything was, which of course negates the entire purpose of specifically getting a car with a nav system. I was trying to find a supermarket for like two hours one day; it kept sending me to vacant lots. And while I did think the car was actually quite handsome, and the interior wasn't bad, it too was underpowered. Hated the driving interface. Was like trying to drive an iPhone. The Sentras I was stuck in didn't have the full meal deal electronic stuff the Altima had, for the better. But they were both just such bland, uninspired, unremarkable things with no personality. There's just no character, no charm, no nothing.

I mean, a car has to say something to you. You buckle up, turn the key, put it gear, put your foot down, and you should feel the car's machine soul speak to you. Some say: C'mon! Let's have fun! Some say: I'll haul all your shit and your kids for you. Load up! Some say: I'm a freak and I'll kill you if you hit the gas too hard. Come at me bro! But the Nissans...it's like putting a coin in a shopping cart. Aside from Skylines, GTR's or the vintage Z cars, yeah. Don't like the make at all.

Last edited:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
:laugh:

The Nissan Sentra is what WalMart would sell if they sold cars. You walk by and there's a grey thing with "Generic Sedan, 20% off!" on the label; that's a Sentra. The Altima I drove in Vegas for a week didn't do it for me either, but at least it was decent to look at. The satnav was awful, though. It had no idea where anything was, which of course negates the entire purpose of specifically getting a car with a nav system. I was trying to find a supermarket for like two hours one day; it kept sending me to vacant lots. And while I did think the car was actually quite handsome, and the interior wasn't bad, it too was underpowered. Hated the driving interface. Was like trying to drive an iPhone. The Sentras I was stuck in didn't have the full meal deal electronic stuff the Altima had, for the better. But they were both just such bland, uninspired, unremarkable things with no personality. There's just no character, no charm, no nothing.

I mean, a car has to say something to you. You buckle up, turn the key, put it gear, put your foot down, and you should feel the car's machine soul speak to you. Some say: C'mon! Let's have fun! Some say: I'll haul all your shit and your kids for you. Load up! Some say: I'm a freak and I'll kill you if you hit the gas too hard. Come at me bro! But the Nissans...it's like putting a coin in a shopping cart. Aside from Skylines, GTR's or the vintage Z cars, yeah. Don't like the make at all.

a. Freaking. Men.

although the new Maxima in top trim packages has a really sharp interior. It just gets way too expensive for a Maxima at that point.

Jun 9, 2011
Detroit
Currently have a 2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport (M/T), 2010 Saab 9-3 and 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero (M/T). My Aspen died a few months back, looking to get back into an SUV.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Just sold my 2012 GMC Sierra with 4in lift. The gas mileage was killing my wallet plus it had a few mechanical issues (nothing major) but just didn't want to deal with it. I traded it to Carvana and man that is the easiest thing i have gone through with a car. In return i got a 2016 Ford Escape Titanium that gets 28 MPG and has pretty much every bell and whistle. The titanium has the turbocharged engine that puts out around 270 HP which for a small SUV is pretty good, it is a fast vehicle. Since i drive back and forth to my other house in Pueblo from Dallas i wanted something far more reliable and cheaper.

Reactions: triggrman

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I like ChrisFix and Arches Mechanic, mainly because AM has a lot of videos on the same model I have as a daily. Apparently he's had far worse luck with his Dodge Journey than I have

ChrisFix I appreciate for doing and explaining things in a way that a driveway bolt turner would understand. Just watched a video of his repairing rot with bondo and rustoleum. He called out that it's easier to use a wire brush on a drill for sanding, and showed the tools, but then he did it by hand with a sanding block because there's more to explain that way

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
I had a 2009 Altima, so I want to add to the shit on Nissan parade.

Two separate issues caused the car to not start. First, the brake switch failed, so the push-to-start couldn't recognize me pressing the brake. Then, the steering column lock completely failed, which bricked the car until the dealership installed a new one (for free).

I don't live in a very hot climate, but the dashboard had starting melting when the car was 5 or 6 years old. Another minor issue was the radio would act up on hot days with the display just showing gibberish.

Issues aside, the car was the epitome of a tool to get you from point A to point B, because you wouldn't want to drive it anywhere else, which is probably how I never had CVT issues.

It's look could best be described as a hideously squished and elongated version of the late 90's Beetles. Whenever I see an Altima with tinted windows, I know that it's because the driver doesn't want to be seen in one.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad