Silver Seven What Do You Do With Logan Brown?

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
I am sure Brown is probably confused about the situation as is DJ and PD. It would be nice if he could be patient and get some games and impress the team and not look back but I have feeling it's getting to point of frustration almost and that could create environment where a knee jerk reaction by Brown or PD takes place.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Trade him for a 2nd before he outright busts.

Good luck getting a 2nd for L. Brown.
This is a "what have you done lately" league! I would really like to see him play top 6 minutes for at least 10-15 games and then decide if you should pull the plug but I get the impression Brown is not the style of player that fits into DJ's blueprint. If he can't make the taxi squad after this many years it has to tell you something!

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Here's an idea.. Put him on the taxi squad instead of Haley and get him in some games early.. Sit a couple vets that have no future here. The lineup is outmatched despite heroic efforts of our beloved Dorion and his pet neanderthal coach DJ smith

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
Here's an idea.. Put him on the taxi squad instead of Haley and get him in some games early.. Sit a couple vets that have no future here. The lineup is outmatched despite heroic efforts of our beloved Dorion and his pet neanderthal coach DJ smith

Easier said than done. It makes a little too much sense.

Reactions: Boud

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I don't think Neanderthal applies here, all of the Canadian teams including the stinking Leafs have added bigger & tougher guys to their teams this season, we wouldn't want our young players getting over matched & pounded again do we? I like the idea of L. Brown playing a few games this yr to see what he could do, but they prefer the shining new toy to get as much publicity as they can out of the kid as they did with Lazar although Stuetzel is a superior player & Norris plays the way DJ likes.

I wonder how interested Columbus would be in L. Brown as part of a package for Dubois, if PD added a 1st in 2022, a 2nd in 2020, a top prospect in Brannstrom & maybe a goalie like Gustavsson or Sogaard? Ottawa would probably want to add a current player to bring down the cap hit too I assume. It could be a start, but somehow I just don't see L. Brown as being a Torts kind of player & White probably isn't what Columbus is looking for either & there are certain young guys I don't want to give up.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Good luck getting a 2nd for L. Brown.
This is a "what have you done lately" league! I would really like to see him play top 6 minutes for at least 10-15 games and then decide if you should pull the plug but I get the impression Brown is not the style of player that fits into DJ's blueprint. If he can't make the taxi squad after this many years it has to tell you something!

Let's be careful with this because it was roster or AHL for Brown Formenton, Brannstrom and others,... The only "prospects" on the taxi squad are Daccord (only bc you need 3 goalies), Chlapik (23 y/o, looked like he was "graduating" last year) and Aspirot (never drafted). Also Zub but already 25 y/o and has 6 full KHL seasons under his belt.

The taxi squad is for players that won't really get games unless things go bad (players struggle, injuries or covid). But some other teams seem to have some better prospects on their TS, probably in the meantime the AHL begins. But they're not contenders like the Sens

Easier said than done. It makes a little too much sense.

What are you talking about?

Rebuild teams ONLY play lottery picks and high end prospects. If you're not a perfect prospect or if you are a possibly a support/role player, you don't make the Ottawa Senators. We are way too good for them. :sarcasm:

Prospects don't do Sens roster.

Last edited:

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
I think he goes in for Norris
This is what I hope Logan can contribute in the top 6. But we never know with DJ he can put him on the 4th with Watson and Haley. Norris been off the last couple of games. It’s a good time to give him a popcorn and a coke with Brent Wallace in the press box.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton

We are waiting to playing the Red Wings before we put him in the lineup

Oilers, Leafs and Jets are not a good matchup for him, you see...

DJ knows what he is doing. There is a reason he is the coach. Don't question his decisions or intelligence as a coach

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad