What do isles fans drive?

TMI

Dec 15, 2019
fyGWArFl.jpg

Have I mentioned that I hate my wife's guts?
Whew, just a surface scratch..
:thumbu:

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
The next gen Honda Civic debuted tonight as a prototype - much tamer design. The Type R should be much better looking using this Civic as a base.

The Subaru BRZ next gen is revealed tomorrow morning. Again, from spy shots it looks like that will be a simplified design compared with the current version.

I mentioned a while back that I was kicking tires (not literally) on Honda S2000s. A seemingly immaculate 16k mile example went on sale at a Honda dealership near me a while back, but I didn't pull the trigger. If I didn't pursue that one I probably won't be getting an S2000 (I'm probably too practical to spend that much money on a 15 year old car).

I have started to think about the Mazda MX5 RF (ie., the Miata with a retractable roof). IMO that's one of the best looking cars on the road at any price - it almost seems like it could have come out of Italy in the 1960s. I test drove one the other day - pretty cool. I'd have to keep my current car if I got one - totally impractical - probably won't do it. Talk me out of it!

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Whew, just a surface scratch..
:thumbu:
I got it back today. $7100 in repairs. It's 99% good. A little 1/8 inch flare at the joint on the back quarter panel where it meets the wheel well, but I figured it'd never be absolutely perfect again after that much damage.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
The next gen Honda Civic debuted tonight as a prototype - much tamer design. The Type R should be much better looking using this Civic as a base.

The Subaru BRZ next gen is revealed tomorrow morning. Again, from spy shots it looks like that will be a simplified design compared with the current version.

I mentioned a while back that I was kicking tires (not literally) on Honda S2000s. A seemingly immaculate 16k mile example went on sale at a Honda dealership near me a while back, but I didn't pull the trigger. If I didn't pursue that one I probably won't be getting an S2000 (I'm probably too practical to spend that much money on a 15 year old car).

I have started to think about the Mazda MX5 RF (ie., the Miata with a retractable roof). IMO that's one of the best looking cars on the road at any price - it almost seems like it could have come out of Italy in the 1960s. I test drove one the other day - pretty cool. I'd have to keep my current car if I got one - totally impractical - probably won't do it. Talk me out of it!

If I wasn't 6'4", Id have a Miata.

(sorry that doesnt help at all)

Reactions: doublechili

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here

I sold my Miata as it is so low to the ground/tiny, I was almost killed on a regular basis by SUVs, Vans and Trucks changing lanes and not seeing me. I live in Raleigh so traffic is moderate, yet I felt at risk daily. Only safe time was Sat or Sun mornings.

Reactions: doublechili

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006

:laugh:

You've got me by about an inch (insert joke here). I actually fit okay in the Miata RF with just a bit of clearance below the roof. It was snug (cockpit feeling for sure). As the salesman explained, it comes down to legs vs torso. I'm apparently more legs, so I fit.

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
I sold my Miata as it is so low to the ground/tiny, I was almost killed on a regular basis by SUVs, Vans and Trucks changing lanes and not seeing me. I live in Raleigh so traffic is moderate, yet I felt at risk daily. Only safe time was Sat or Sun mornings.
Yeah, the texting nitwits in SUVs are a concern, among other big vehicles. As I walked up to the car I was struck by how low it is. I think I could have sat on the roof without much of a hop.

Reactions: beach

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
Here's the new BRZ which will be available sometime next year. The bumped it up to 228hp, which is pretty good for a 2900 lb car (very similar numbers to an old Saab that I once had). No turbo either, which is good IMO. The styling is nice from some angles, merely non-offensive from others.

2022-subaru-brz-125-1605671264.jpg

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Just bought a new 2020 Kia Forte GT.

Korean International Automotive.

I am over 50 and for some reason I can't like anything Hyundai or KIA. I drive a Ford , before that a Ford, before that a Ford, before that a Chevy 1979 Z28 slow as chit pretend fast car. Best of luck with the new wheels. Throw a $10 bill in the back seat from me.

TheBigBadCat

Nov 7, 2006
NJ
Korean International Automotive.

I am over 50 and for some reason I can't like anything Hyundai or KIA. I drive a Ford , before that a Ford, before that a Ford, before that a Chevy 1979 Z28 slow as chit pretend fast car. Best of luck with the new wheels. Throw a $10 bill in the back seat from me.

I'm way way over 50 and yes back in the late 80's and 90's those Korean cars were very crappy . not anymore ! they rank up there with the best in quality and unbeatable warranties I have a friend that own a used car dealer in NJ and loves them because they are very reliable and he does not need customers to complain

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I'm way way over 50 and yes back in the late 80's and 90's those Korean cars were very crappy . not anymore ! they rank up there with the best in quality and unbeatable warranties I have a friend that own a used car dealer in NJ and loves them because they are very reliable and he does not need customers to complain

are you a big Capt Lou fan from way back in the 80s

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
you may say 70's

I was at Wrestlemania #1 in 1985 at Madison Sq Garden. Was 5 rows from the squared circle. My Capt Lou moment was when Roddy Piper took over the gold record presentation from Cindy Lauper and smashed it over Captain Lou’s head We were so close . Rubber bands flying everywhere. Of course a big melee started at that point . Ah the 80’s I always say. Good times ,good times.

Of course 80,81,82,83 and even 84 were the most special. Add in the 86 Mets and 87 Giants too.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBigBadCat

replayer

Aug 3, 2005
I was at Wrestlemania #1 in 1985 at Madison Sq Garden. .

LOL, I was there with my dad. Was at MSG the night Hogan first won the WWF from the Iron Shiek. We also went to WM2 the next year at the Coliseum. Even as a kid I knew it was soap operas for men but the manufactured feuds were fun.

OOTC: After years of wanting one, finally picked up a 2020 Tesla Model 3 SR+ in September. Loving it so far.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
LOL, I was there with my dad. Was at MSG the night Hogan first won the WWF from the Iron Shiek. We also went to WM2 the next year at the Coliseum. Even as a kid I knew it was soap operas for men but the manufactured feuds were fun.

OOTC: After years of wanting one, finally picked up a 2020 Tesla Model 3 SR+ in September. Loving it so far.

One time at the NVMC when Iron Mike Sharp was introduced and was walking in he stopped right by me and friends at the rail. My buddy popped him good. He just played along though but was visually pissed at him. Sharp probably never won a match . He wore a forearm band that was his trademark I guess. Used to bellow out a horrible groan.

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006

I succumbed to the pull of the RF. It's a total go-kart. I'll be turning 60 in a few months and I got a sports car. Go figure. Anyway, if I suddenly stop posting here, you will all know that I got SUV'd (not to be confused with sous vide). 0% financing and a good deal, so I was able to keep my current AWD sedan for bad weather, heavy rains on the highway, multiple passengers, cargo, etc.. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad