What do isles fans drive?

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Well -- this is not what I drive, but what I drove.... today

My friend bought a Cadillac Blackwing. I have another friend who has a 797hp Challenger, so interested to see how the 600hp Blackwing (or whatever crazy # it has) compares.

Woof.

The Challenger has significant HP advantage but both are large V8 with forced induction. Challenger is that death auto tranny and the Caddy has the manual.

Both RWD.

The Challenger is a beast. A lot of thinking to be done so you keep the car on the road. Even with All Season tires, the Challenger is downright dangerous. The Caddy, with Summer tires and manual, is the refined Challenger, with much nicer interior. Power, just as smile inducing, is way more refined and smooth. It'll burn em all day in first, back end just a little wiggly in second on a straight away and you can rip through all 6 fwd gears with a smile which never ends. NICE interior. Nice easy clutch and nice gearbox. This Honda driver giving props to a manual, doesnt happen often. GM, Im amazed to say, hit it it out of the park on this one. If you can grab a test drive, I highly recommend. If you have the bankroll, I'd also recommend.

Both are ~$90k so Ill never own either, but given the choice, it would be Caddy hands down. What a beautiful machine.

View attachment 793732View attachment 793730
I've always loved manual transmission sport sedans - there's something very cool about a larger sedan with a MT. I test drove a Chevy SS once but ended up getting a used MT Acura TL because I needed something with AWD and it was cheaper. The Chevy had an MT and a Corvette V8 - cool sleeper but not practical at the time. That Caddy is nice. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad