What city would you rather play in?

What city would you rather play in?

• Total voters

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
One that I think would be an underrated choice right now is Carolina for me. Nice weather, not a crazy market so you can still walk around, and the team is on the way up big time. One of the tier 2 contenders for the cup I think

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Fair criticism, didn't want to have all 31 teams be an option

Yea no that’s completely understandable. DC is more Baltimore/Philly/NY than it is southern, but even then... very different from even those towns. Unique city and region due to building height restrictions among other things.

Reactions: DaveG

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
One that I think would be an underrated choice right now is Carolina for me. Nice weather, not a crazy market so you can still walk around, and the team is on the way up big time. One of the tier 2 contenders for the cup I think
Yeah love the Carolina,s....Very mild to moderate climate in winter... Beautiful in the summer...Very under rated

Reactions: DaveG

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Not the whole of British Columbia; which is probably top of the list in terms of nature.
But Vancouver metropolitan/downtown area is very similar.

I'm not so sure about that, there are amazing beaches, rainforests and mountains literally in Vancouver.

ThatsSoSlavin

Aug 23, 2018
NY is the right answer

toronto, Montreal, LA, Vancouver and Vegas would be up there for me to market wise

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Of those teams probably Vegas, maybe Denver. I prefer a drier climate. Humidity can kiss my sweaty ass. San Jose would be up there for me as well.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
New York pretty easily for me, my favourite city I've been to in NA. I like to be where the action is and the crushing anonymity of 10 million people appeals to me.

After that probably Florida or California. The whole hometown thing doesn't grab me but maybe it would be different if it was for real.

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
I don't want a huge city with long commutes and too many crowds, NY and LA are out.

I don't want a city with a lot of crime. No to Detroit, Chicago and St. Louis. I don't actually know if these cities have particularly bad crime, but that is the image I have in my head.

I don't want a city with really hot summers. No Arizona, Dallas, Florida. Edmonton and Montreal are a bit too cold

I don't want to spend too much time on a plane. This is kinda hard to judge because I don't know if teams use private flight and if they have to do connecting flights, but cities like Denver and Edmonton feel like they are far away from other teams in their divisions.

I don't want to live an a tourist city, no Vegas. I would love to visit but living there feels strange.

I don't want to live in a city where there is too much press attention, Toronto is out.

I don't want a city with a hostile image, no Boston.

From what there is left, I guess I would pick Raleigh. It is not too big and I can get a nice place with a big yard away from the city without a too long commute. Southern people are supposed to be nice and the weather seems like it is warm but not too warm. They also have the most promising team and a good organization.

Nashville seems very nice too.

I love architecture and Vancouver is one of the prettiest cities in pictures. It also has interesting demographics.

Last edited:

DowJones

Aug 30, 2008
As a Swede who never lived in NA Tampa/Florida seems like a no brainer for me. NY or Toronto for 1-2 years would be nice, but for a whole career it’s Florida without hesitation.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Don't like big cities if I wan't a taste of the freakshow I can visit one. So away from large city that is.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I'm from Vancouver and a Canucks fan, and I'd probably want to play for the team at some point, but I'm thinking LA here. Vancouver's a beautiful city in the summer but winters are pretty dreary and I'm one of those people who is pretty impacted by weather. I think I'd rather live somewhere warmer during the season. It's also close enough to fly family down for games and they play in Vancouver a decent amount being in the same position. There's also lots to do and it's not a fishbowl like a Canadian market

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Mar 26, 2010
Montreal. Best city in North America, in my humble opinion. I like NYC too. I've considered moving to Toronto lately too. Vancouver is great too and close to home.
I have lived in both Montreal and Toronto. Originally from Montreal, but spent most years in Toronto.

Montreal is an awesome city, no question about it. Old Montreal makes you feel like you are in Europe. Great food, and nightlife.

Toronto is like a big American City like New York. Very fast paced and lots going on.

Reactions: CanadianSharks

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
I picked Denver. Its like Calgary, expect nicer and less rednecks. It kind of like a far bigger Whitehorse and I love Whitehorse so Denver it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad