What city would you rather play in?

What city would you rather play in?

• Total voters

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Phoenix or San Jose. Not a fan of the cold, but I like being relatively close to mountains and stuff. Vegas wouldn't be bad either, Los Angeles would be too much for me.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Let's think about this. Since the actual team you go to is not a consideration. Just the city.

Criteria:

1. Babes. How good, and how many you can get. Also, factor in how many other bigger celebs are around to compete with. LA and Miami are good. NYC too. But hockey hotbeds like Toronto and Montreal work well also because of your elevated status.

2. Other activities. Not just drugs. Nightlife. Accessibility of fun. NYC and LA, maybe Chicago top the list. Dallas?

3. Lifestyle. You want an idyllic surrounding for your babes and budding drug habit. A beachfront house maybe? Large mansion. can your money buy that mansion? Hot days, wild and crazy nights. Miami wins here. I imagine LA is more expensive. They say Vancouver is beautiful too, but they have winters.

4. Crime. Who wants to get mugged or murdered? No to DC and Detroit. Chicago maybe too. Glad Atlanta doesn't have a team anymore. NYC is not the safest place anymore either. Maybe Canada wins here? Or Minnesota/Buffalo?

4. Buddies. You're gonna have to bring your entourage with you. They ain't celebs, but they want legal recreational weed and affordable bars. So that's Canada again for the first, and maybe Denver. Home of Coors.

5. Media coverage. You want to be a star. But you don't want to be harrassed by lunat.... i mean fanatics. So scratch Raleigh, Columbus, Nashville, Sunrise where you don't get any coverage and you're a nobody. But also places you might feel weird and claustrophobic like Montreal and Toronto. Winnipeg? Edmonton. Heck, all of Canada.

What's the conclusion then? I don't know. All have their goods and bads. Maybe... St.Louis? The ultimate compromise. Nothing is too much like this or like that. Home of Budweiser.

The fact that you took all this criteria, mashed it together, and came up with St. Louis is baffling to me.

shaner82

Apr 18, 2017
This is tough. As much as I would love warm weather year round, my hometown is Toronto, so it's really hard for me to imaging living in any other city. Also can't really imagine leaving Canada.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
LA. Imagine being a young Rich athlete living in a city with thousands upon thousands of models, has beautiful weather, and the night life is incredible?

That's an easy yes for me

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I don't understand the high votes for a place like NY. It's literally a "concrete jungle"
Even if you're rich and live in Manhattan, you're overwhelmed by how huge the city is. There is zero contrast in terms of nature, space, etc...
I'd prefer Boston over NY any day of the week if I had to choose the U.S East coast; Montreal if I had to pick a city in Canada (best city in Canada IMO) - Vancouver and Toronto fall in the same trap as NY.

Where you play and where you live in the offseason isn't the same.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
My family is in Vegas and already live and like living here and the atmosphere at T-Mobile is incredible. So Vegas number one.

I also often like to say that I'd never move back to California cause of the cost of living (and traffic) and I'd only do it if I was rich. Being an NHL player would take care of that problem and I'd just have to learn to live with the traffic. But I grew up hating the Kings so I'd rather play for Anaheim. Tbh I'd sooner play for the Rangers/Islanders, Capitals, Canucks, Avs, or Kraken just based on location before the Kings. Northern California would be nice but I'd have even less desire to play for the Sharks.

Wouldn't want to play on any of the Canadian teams but Vancouver. Don't think I'd enjoy the fan/media scrutiny. Vancouver would be an exception cause it's my favorite Canadian city.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Vegas! Grow your mullet and win Art Rosses and Rockets when you go to work. And then gamble and tame strange on your free time! That's the good life right there! :nod:

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Vancouver
SJ
LA/Anaheim
Seattle
Vegas

Don’t really want to leave Vancouver, but if i I had to, I would choose the Bay area.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Florida is awesome! The wife and I go on a few trips a year and love it! Way fewer Florida Man incidents than you would expect. Although of course, I'll add the disclaimer that we're usually in the somewhat nicer areas! But I imagine that as an NHL player, you probably would also stay in the somewhat nicer areas, so it's relevant!
One of the actual reasons for “Florida Man” is the easy access to public arrest records in the state - many other states don’t have this, and thus the incidents don’t get reported quite as widely or thoroughly.

Florida is still probably crazier than your average state, but 21 million people and public arrest records definitely inflate the legend.

Frankly, I f***ing love Florida.

tuozzi

Dec 9, 2011
Turku
Seattle for the combination of the sea and the mountains. Would have gone for Vancouver, but I don't want everyone recognising me.

San Jose sort of has the same elements and a little nicer weather. Those mountains just aren't big enough..

banks

W W 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
I am not the type of personality that would want to be a pro athlete. Or any kind of celebrity, for that matter.

I'd prefer to be as far away from media/fan attention as possible, and would probably retire early just to get away from the attention. I voted "other," and would probably pick Arizona.

DieSendungmitderMaus

Apr 14, 2018
Talking totally out of my ass here...

I'd pick Vancouver. Wouldn't wanna live in the US and Van isn't as cold as the other Canadian NHL cities IIRC. Runners up would be Montreal and Ottawa, both look a bit more European than most NA cities, I think Québec would be cool and Ottawa seems like a perfect sleepy government town :laugh:

In the US, Columbus should be decent... big college town, right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad