What are some of your favorite HF contradictions?

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Player X playing well because of playing with player Y

Probably not exactly what OP is asking for, but anyway:

"Bettman hates Canada!"
"Bettman would do anything for the Coyotes!"
"The lottery is rigged!"

2015 lottery: Oilers win, leapfrogging the Coyotes to draft McDavid.
2016 lottery: Leafs win, get to draft Arizona native Matthews.
Oilers leaped the Sabres and pissed off the entire buffalo fan base

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
"Regular season success doesn't matter."

It's 82 games from October to April. Having watched both a miserable regular season product and a good regular season product, it's a lot harder to sit down and watch a game on an average Saturday night when you're expecting them to lose or be blown out.

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
“Pffft. It’s a message board. I have every right to come into this main board thread and give baseless one sentence opinions trashing your team’s player who I don’t really watch.”

“Can’t believe the mods let people blatantly troll like this in threads about my team. I’m not going to use the Ignore function though. I’m going to turn this into a flame war because this injustice can’t stand.”

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Any time list based on a model is posted.

Drrrrrr drrrr, this model is shit because I don't agree with my player not being on the list. 9/10 are correct but damn, that last one. f*** the model and the person responsible for it.

Then when your player is on top it's not so shit anymore.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Player I dislike: He was easily on pace for X points but he didn't get there cause of injury. That means he's not an X point player.

Player I like: Well he's essentially an X point player, he would have easily gotten there had he not been injured!

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
"So what if a team circumvented the cap to roster a team well above the cap limit for the playoffs, it's fair!"

"No we can't get rid of the cap! It won't be fair if other teams spend more money on their roster than us, it's like buying a cup!"

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
"Devils are the best and Rangers suck"

"Rangers are the best and Devils suck"

It's like what lol, cmon HF make up your mind.

• Haha
Reactions: HolyHagelin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad