Post-Game Talk: What An Intense Finish! Leafs Win 5-4!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Komarov is definitely earning his paycheque. Best signing of the off season.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
So Dion gets crapped on even whilst going up against the hottest scored in hockey this year all night long every shift.

and how did he fare?
Dion: 52.8% corsi for close
Nash: 48.3% corsi for close

and nash's only goal came after polak got all messed up. and actually polak got completely schooled on the other goal they blamed dion for.

and franson was giving the puck away all over the ice beside Phaneuf all night.

toronto fans don't deserve dion.

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
So Dion gets crapped on even whilst going up against the hottest scored in hockey this year all night long every shift.

and how did he fare?

and nash's only goal came after polak got all messed up. and actually polak got completely schooled on the other goal they blamed dion for.

Im saying the same thing Dions actually a really good hockey player and idiotics Leafs fans hate him because management decided to give him the C and pay him 7 mil.

They only see his mistakes never his positives. Phaneuf is a top 30 Dman its simple as that even if he isnt he's still the best Dman in Toronto not sure why many treat him like he belongs in the pressbox on a regular basis for the Marlies

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
especially in a game like this where every dman on both teams got burned over and over again, the fact that people are only able to see Dion getting burned is just plain weird.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
especially in a game like this where every dman on both teams got burned over and over again, the fact that people are only able to see Dion getting burned is just plain weird.

Diddly doo diddly dee Dion did nothing Komarovs line did indeed.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC

and how did he fare?

You are right! we don't deserve him ! When is he leaving?

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Just finished the game and thought it was great!

Though that's because we won haha.

Would have been sad and bitter had we lost.

But still there's way too much complaining and nit-picking after this game from people on here. It was a really good win where both teams made mistakes, they can't all be Mona Lisa's (and they very rarely are!)

At least the effort was plain to see after that first minute "here we go again" crap.

Very enjoyable game and great to come out with the win.

That Komarov effort and assist to Holland short handed was possibly my happiest moment as a Leafs fan this year, and then he scored later :)

Sens coming up, Reimer in net? Also Bernier was very good tonight, can't even believe people are questioning him.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
I'm a bit pissy after the game. Seems like nothing will change when we keep sneaking out wins like this. Overall we look bad defensively IMO and we're lucky we have skill.

I thought Kadri was average-bad. He gets stripped of the puck quite a bit, and hasn't been finishing hits like he used to. He did have one nice one tonight but overall he just seems like a selfish player.

As for Bernier, we always seem to use the goalie as a scapegoat. He made some excellent saves and was making plenty of saves look easy tonight. How can you really blame him on the goals, maybe could have had the fivehole but I certainly can't say he was bad tonight.

As for Phaneuf, we must just disagree. He looks so slow and unagile. He got beat plenty. He looks awkward alot of the time and out of place.

Good assessment

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
Just finished the game and thought it was great!

Though that's because we won haha.

Would have been sad and bitter had we lost.

But still there's way too much complaining and nit-picking after this game from people on here. It was a really good win where both teams made mistakes, they can't all be Mona Lisa's (and they very rarely are!)

At least the effort was plain to see after that first minute "here we go again" crap.

Very enjoyable game and great to come out with the win.

That Komarov effort and assist to Holland short handed was possibly my happiest moment as a Leafs fan this year, and then he scored later :)

Sens coming up, Reimer in net? Also Bernier was very good tonight, can't even believe people are questioning him.

.886 save% isnt very good, i wouldn't even call that average

TheThrill81*

Big win. Dion has to go. Joke of a captain. He sucks, no passion, no leadership no emotion

Big win. Dion never has to go. Great captain. He doesn't suck, plenty of passion, leadership, and emotion.

You, on the other hand, can do yourself a favour and not pretend to be a Leafs fan.

TheThrill81*

Im saying the same thing Dions actually a really good hockey player and idiotics Leafs fans hate him because management decided to give him the C and pay him 7 mil.

They only see his mistakes never his positives. Phaneuf is a top 30 Dman its simple as that even if he isnt he's still the best Dman in Toronto not sure why many treat him like he belongs in the pressbox on a regular basis for the Marlies

Phaneuf is a top 12-15 Dman, it's as simple as that. His contract is is fair value, and will look better with the cap going up. He is without a doubt the best dman in Toronto.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Phaneuf is a top 12-15 Dman, it's as simple as that. His contract is is fair value, and will look better with the cap going up. He is without a doubt the best dman in Toronto.

Giordano
Burns
Karlsson
Kronwall
Subban
E. Johnson
Keith
Hedman
Fowler
OEL
Suter
Weber
Seabrook
Doughty
Vlasic
Chara
McDonagh
Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester

Kinda tough to put him top 15, imo, but I'd put him just below that group around 20ish. His contract will be worth it *if* he can keep his play at a high level until he's 35. But if he starts falling off in his early 30s like McCabe did, then not so much...

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Kinda tough to put him top 15, imo, but I'd put him just below that group around 20ish. His contract will be worth it *if* he can keep his play at a high level until he's 35. But if he starts falling off in his early 30s like McCabe did, then not so much...

Phaneuf over Johnson, Fowler, Seabrook and Bouwmeester.

TheThrill81*

Phaneuf over Johnson, Fowler, Seabrook and Bouwmeester.

Also over Burns. OEL is massively overrated, imo. But yeah, my point still stands that Phaneuf is top 12-15. He gets ranked lower because he plays for the Leafs. :sarcasm:

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
Giordano

This is what I'm envisioning. He's already having trouble with foot speed and you don't get faster as you get older.

I'd move him out any way that I can. We can't see it right now, but his contract might really hamper this team in the future.

Even if trading him is taking a step back, it might be necessary to help create some kind of cap structure which can allow this team to be competitive.

DoubleDouble*

Sorry, Dion is not better than those guys. Dion is a below average #1. Nothing wrong with that.

Also, Kadri had a good game. Surprised to see him getting so much criticism on here. He controlled the puck well and played decent defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad