GDT: What a Season: Devils @ Capitals, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Greene takes a beating and is up there in the league lead in blocked shots. He’s also small and old.
Sure, but we need Vats to be rested. He plays hard on both sides of the ice. He helps us a lot carry the play forward. It's two different style of play. Greene is a punching bag.

Reactions: My3Sons

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Sure, but we need Vats to be rested. He plays hard on both sides of the ice. He helps us a lot carry the play forward. It's two different style of play. Greene is a punching bag.
I agree that Vatanen could use rest. Would’ve been nice to get Santini in for Greene though.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
The 4 oldest players on the team are playing on a night they are resting 4 players.

Zajac missed a quarter of the seasson rest him over a guy undergoing cancer treatments? That's freaking nutty.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I understand criticzing resting Vat over Greene (and it's also possible Greene being the captain didn't want to rest and Hynes let him play rather than pulling rank), but Zajac definitely has more of a workload than Boyle and his 12 minutes a night. I don't really see an issue with any of the forwards they sat - the top two scorers and their top defensive/two-way center.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I understand criticzing resting Vat over Greene (and it's also possible Greene being the captain didn't want to rest and Hynes let him play rather than pulling rank), but Zajac definitely has more of a workload than Boyle and his 12 minutes a night. I don't really see an issue with any of the forwards they sat - the top two scorers and their top defensive/two-way center.
You are 100% correct. My criticism of the Zajac rest was over the top.

Just the fact that all the old guys in bothered me.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
>Caring about resting players in game 82

e2a.jpg

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The 4 oldest players on the team are playing on a night they are resting 4 players.

Zajac missed a quarter of the seasson rest him over a guy undergoing cancer treatments? That's freaking nutty.
Why do you presume to know their condition better than the coaching and medical staff?

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
How many can you have on a playoff roster? Might just be for those reasons, have 8 Dman and 3 goalies incase you have any issues during the series.

Plus for a guy like Santini being around a post season series can help development.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Big game for cory...
We all know kk is 99.9% the starter in the playoffs, but a loss will have a very negative effect on cory, esp if he can't get another game till next season

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
And btw for people worried about getting too much rest, how quickly we forget they had a freaking week and a half off before the regular season started then destroyed Colorado and started 9-2.

Reactions: Blender

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Can't wait to see the d-pairings if Santini is in for Greene tonight lol...I'll take a stab and say Moore-Severson (yuck), Mueller-Santini and Butcher-Lovejoy although it really should be Mueller-Severson and Moore-Santini

Reactions: Aethon

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Can't wait to see the d-pairings if Santini is in for Greene tonight lol...I'll take a stab and say Moore-Severson (yuck), Mueller-Santini and Butcher-Lovejoy although it really should be Mueller-Severson and Moore-Santini
ajVqm_s-200x150.gif

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Is it too late to sign the best fighters in the minors to one day contracts and send them out as a five man unit every time Wilson is on the ice? Or maybe four guys who fight and one cheap shot guy to give Wilson a taste of his won medicine? Man I hate the way that guy plays.

Reactions: glenwo2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad