GDT: What a Season: Devils @ Capitals, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
CBJ resting their top pair (Jones-Werenski) as well as Foligno, Atkinson, Bob, Panarin, Sedlak, Murray and Wennberg.

Guess nobody cares about seeding...and yet the Caps are playing everyone when they REALLY can't move up or down :loony:

How the **** can they rest nine guys though? Did they have a million pre-playoff callups?!

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Not resting Greene is probably the most egregious decision of the year...

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I would have hoped they could sit Greene but unless they made another callup before the end of Bingo's season it was either Greene/Vatanen since they only had seven d-men. Not sure what the rules are on callups at this point in non-emergency situations.

And since there's still one more week to go in the AHL, maybe they didn't want to call Santini up for one game and shuttle him back down anyway.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
When do playoff rosters need to be set and what is the max roster size? If Mojo isn’t cleared to play yet, should he be left off the roster?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I would have hoped they could sit Greene but unless they made another callup before the end of Bingo's season it was either Greene/Vatanen since they only had seven d-men. Not sure what the rules are on callups at this point in non-emergency situations.

And since there's still one more week to go in the AHL, maybe they didn't want to call Santini up for one game and shuttle him back down anyway.
Any Greene is 35 years old and has been playing a massive work load for the last 7 years. He has played 80 games this season it will be 81 tonight.

Sami Vatanen is 26 years old has been playing a massive work load for 3 months and has played 72 games this season.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Any Greene is 35 years old and has been playing a massive work load for the last 7 years. He has played 80 games this season it will be 81 tonight.

Sami Vatanen is 26 years old has been playing a massive work load for 3 months and has played 72 games this season.
Look at the past couple of games for Vats. He played a couple 26+ minutes

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
This seems like it would’ve been a good game to get Santini in (for Greene) and maybe even McLeod in (if that wouldn’t impact his contact situation, idk) for Boyle or someone if we were not gonna really try to win.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't think it's true. I think CBJ really want to lose this game, and hopes we at least get a point. Pens are their nightmare.

There's also a non-zero chance the Flyers zoom past both of us with a win since they DO need at least a point today and they wind up playing the Pens.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
so in theory it could be a week before taylor hall plays another game? kinkaid another game? i get the rest aspect of it and the injury aspect of it i really do but man you really want to mess with timing and groove that much? thats tough imo. hope the devils get an early start date for the first round

and that there is still a ton left on the line here. 8th seed would be a nightmare

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Yes, Greene has been getting rest for 6 months for the past 6 years.

I really don't know what the issue is. Vatanen style of play is way more demanding then Greene.
Greene takes a beating and is up there in the league lead in blocked shots. He’s also small and old.

Reactions: Aethon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad