What’s your unpopular hockey opinion?

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I wouldn't mind the current NHL first round playoff format if they just reseeded for the second round (i.e. 2016-2018 the East's 1-2 teams record wise had to play in round 2)

Reactions: SavedByRoy

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I would like a shorter season. Like 70 games. The season just takes so long.

Alternatively, shorten the playoffs. First-round series to best of 3 and the second round to best of 5.

But nobody really wants less playoff hockey so I'm guessing most would pick option A as a means of shortening the season if it was decided necessary.

Hattrickkane88

Apr 11, 2019
Offside challenges are great. It is a huge skill to be able to keep your speed while also staying onside, there is a reason Mcdavid isn’t getting his goals turned back like less skilled players who don’t have the skill to stay onside without completely giving up their speed .

Reactions: Adityase

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I've got 2, both more or less related.

1. Hockey is more popular in the Sunbelt region (particularly the Southeast) than many give it credit for. No, that does not mean it is the most popular sport, just that there are a good number of fans and people who do play. For a warm climate, there is a decent history of the game across the region.

2. Atlanta would be a great NHL market if they were given an ownership group that is willing to put a decent product on the ice. For that matter, so would South Florida and Phoenix.

TheStroker

Jun 13, 2012
USA
Good on players for getting the maximum amount of money they can, even if fans don't think they are worth it. There's nothing worse then hearing fans whine about player x making a certain amount of money, and going off on them about how greedy they are. When 99.9% of the people on this site would sign the dotted line in seconds. More then anything, it's jealousy that drives people to complain about salaries in sports.

In fact, I think it would be better if salaries stayed private. Judge players strictly by their performance on-ice. Not how much money they make.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad