What’s your unpopular hockey opinion?

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Millions of them.
But the big one is Lidstrom was way overrated post-lockout.
When I rank the all-time great Red Wings of my era, I've got Lidstrom behind Fedorov, Yzerman and Datsyuk - and neck and neck with Zetterberg.

Leafsrock95

Oct 4, 2014
toughness is very overrated in terms of winning in the playoffs. Luck is a bigger factor than many people realize as well
That’s 1 thing I find overrated about ovie ppl talk about his hits they mean something. Like he’s a power forward or something ya right.

Hitting is overrated although it does make more entertaining hockey that’s why I’m pro-fighting in hockey

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
I wish for the playoffs they would bring back seeding from 1 plays 16 and so on and so forth....
Build larger rinks like in Europe.......
Make officials in Hockey end evening up calls and just call the infractions as they happen.....

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think the season should be spread throughout the year. Take a few small breaks so teams can get healthy. Maybe one a few weeks before the playoffs start. This way the offseason doesn’t feel so long. Also teams can get healthier during the season if they are banged up. Obviously the offseason will be the longest break but nothing too long. UFA and RFA periods still go on. Draft too. Just crunched into a smaller offseason.

Leafsrock95

Oct 4, 2014
I think the season should be spread throughout the year. Take a few small breaks so teams can get healthy. Maybe one a few weeks before the playoffs start. This way the offseason doesn’t feel so long. Also teams can get healthier during the season if they are banged up. Obviously the offseason will be the longest break but nothing too long. UFA and RFA periods still go on. Draft too. Just crunched into a smaller offseason.
I disagree. 2-3 games a week is good enough. We don’t need an off season longer or w/e you propose.

It’s the nhl season if you get hurt you get hurt no breaks except all star weekend.

You must be born after the 2000s

Leafsrock95

Oct 4, 2014
The 'powers that be' in society don't want the citizens seeing examples of taking the law into your own hands...
Who cares. Some players in the league rn wouldn’t make it 10 years ago because they would get crushed every other shift. I think we should go back to that hockey.

I know if I played in nhl marner, gaudreau and all these midgets would get destroyed.

I’d hand out choke slams and get kicked out of the league probably

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
i'm hoping for a lockout because I find them interesting to follow and think there are too many games in a season anyways

Leafsrock95

Oct 4, 2014
There is an equal group of haters to counter balance it. Last offseason there were still some posters who wouldn't admit Rielly was a top 4 dman...
More leaf haters than fans.

Toronto has 2.7 M. Canada has 36 M or something. Your telling me leaf fans out weigh haters. Ya right

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
all 31 nhl fanbases suck. People don't suddenly change city to city or state to state. The larger a fanbase is, the worse it is because that equates to more bad apples.

That's my theory on why Leaf fans seem to be terrible. There's actually plenty of good ones (Hi d00m, how you doing?) but it's so large that there will be more assholes than usual.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->