TV: Westworld S3

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I mean it's just a trailer but it seems like this plot will be far more straightforward instead of trying to misdirect at every goddamn turn.

I mean I think the first season was just shy of a masterpiece but people figuring out the big twist forced the writers to over do it in Season 2. I mean it had some good episodes but taken as a whole, it was a mess.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
1. Is that Marshawn Lynch???
2. Definitely doesn't change my feelings after season 2. Not a show for me.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I mean it's just a trailer but it seems like this plot will be far more straightforward instead of trying to misdirect at every goddamn turn.

I mean I think the first season was just shy of a masterpiece but people figuring out the big twist forced the writers to over do it in Season 2. I mean it had some good episodes but taken as a whole, it was a mess.

You can really box yourself in.

M Night isn't a great filmmaker but the pressure of putting twists in every film certainly sped up the process of his decline.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Good first episode. I agree that Aaron Paul is a great addition.

The GTA version of Uber was a nice touch.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
That didn't do much for me, honestly. I wasn't digging the trailers, though, either. The big city setting just doesn't appeal to me a whole lot and feels like other sci-fi. Maybe I'll warm up to it, but I miss what was unique about the show (i.e. the park).

The only scenes that really interested me were Bernard's. I could've used more of him. Come to think of it, I think that that was the case with Season 2, as well.

Make sure that you watch to the end of the credits, since there's a post-credits scene. Also, there's a 5-minute making-of video that's helpful in explaining a few things about the setting and plot.

Last edited:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
They have to set the table for the season.

Nice look to the show.

Funny to see Valencia so prominent - the building where the Delos board meeting was.

Ciutat-de-les-Arts-i-les-Ci%C3%A8ncies-in-Valencia-Spain1.jpg

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I really dug the whole thing. Aaron Paul being stuck in his own loop. The blade runner sort of future.

Evan Rachel Wood is also gorgeous while being a bad ass
The whole AI controlling society by assigning people a social credit score was interesting. Cal realizing that the game is rigged against him, so the only real free will he has is to not play the game at all. Between his personality and his military background, perfect ally for Delores to recruit into her plan to bring down society.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I liked that episode much, much better. Unlike the last one, it really felt like Westworld to me. They'll probably go back to Dolores and Caleb next episode, but it was nice to enjoy the episode this week and get assurance that the show can still be what we came to like it for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad