TV: Westworld S3

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
What show are you watching?

Dolores was not straightforward with Caleb. She concealed her identity from him for a while, and even after he became aware of her nature, she concealed that she has specifically selected him. Both Caleb and the viewers were led to believe that Dolores encountered Caleb through a chance encounter, and that he was a proxy for an every man. But in reality, he had already been deeply connected to the plot of the show AND, in fact, had met Dolores before. It was a crummy twist that eroded the attempted themes of the season.

Not to mention the dozen other needless twists and turns along the way. Hale is really Dolores, surprise! Don't look now, Stubbs is a host too! (And how lazy of a writing device was that?) Oh my lord, Rehoboam is controlling Serac! Caleb is the one who shot his dead friend, woah! Etc etc etc

There was a thousand shallow attempts to keep the show exciting and mysterious, but they felt more like they were written by an 8th grader than anything meaningful.

This kind of thing pisses me off so much. How the actual f*** could Dolores have planned to meet Caleb, under the circumstances in which she had been badly wounded like that? The show introduces Caleb and Dolores to each other in a way that actually feels more impactful, like, "Caleb is a good person, he's helping someone in need", and they make you think for the entire season that it is the case, and then in the finale "nope, Dolores planned it all along". It really dulls the impact of the show when anything that happens can't be taken at face value, because any event could just be the result of a secret plan/manipulation.

Like, Caleb on balance is a good person, so that is cool and all, but it would be nice if that could just stand as part of the story, and Dolores could understand mankind's ability to be compassionate organically, not because she planned to string this guy along.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
What show are you watching?

Dolores was not straightforward with Caleb. She concealed her identity from him for a while, and even after he became aware of her nature, she concealed that she has specifically selected him. Both Caleb and the viewers were led to believe that Dolores encountered Caleb through a chance encounter, and that he was a proxy for an every man. But in reality, he had already been deeply connected to the plot of the show AND, in fact, had met Dolores before. It was a crummy twist that eroded the attempted themes of the season.

Not to mention the dozen other needless twists and turns along the way. Hale is really Dolores, surprise! Don't look now, Stubbs is a host too! (And how lazy of a writing device was that?) Oh my lord, Rehoboam is controlling Serac! Caleb is the one who shot his dead friend, woah! Etc etc etc

There was a thousand shallow attempts to keep the show exciting and mysterious, but they felt more like they were written by an 8th grader than anything meaningful.
I could ask you the same question, most of these aren't "twists" at all. Dolores was straightforward with Caleb except that she wanted him to make his own choices along the way so she didn't fill him in on the entire plan or give him an exposition dump on his history, because he needed to figure that stuff out on his own. Dolores gets mad at Caleb in the season finale when he questions her motives with him, because she never actually lied to him about that at all. She had been honest and straightforward about what her intentions were (to help humanity break free of the control they were under), and that Caleb was a person stuck in a loop that he didn't like and wanted freedom to make his own choices in life like so many others were. The only reason any concealment comes off as nefarious is because you are accepting Serac's interpretations of it as face value instead of Dolores', since you were likely expecting Dolores to have some ulterior motives or evil plan with Caleb. Rehoboam and Serac don't actually understand Caleb (or any other outlier) or Dolores, and the bullshit he was spinning most of the season shouldn't be taken as true because it wasn't. The only twist in the main plot was that there was no big twist; Dolores told Caleb and the audience exactly what her actual goal was, and when he discovered she was a host she told him how that fit into her goals.

I never assumed they ran into each other by accident after the way the scene was setup, and I'm not sure how anyone could have. I said in this thread as well that I thought Dolores had recruited him, because that seemed obvious even though we didn't know exactly why. She tells Connells (Dolores clone) that she didn't need his help after that shootout in the park and walked off to collapse in the tunnel near where Caleb was walking. The next time we see them is in the ambulance where they then get stopped by the fake RICO police, and Dolores is in rough shape but not nearly as injured as she was making out to be as she pops up and kills them. Caleb is then kidnapped by some more RICO guys who are trying to extract info about Dolores from him, and he refuses to give her up. Dolores then takes him to the diner and to the pier to show him how a computer system controls his life and prevents him from making his own choices, and she gives him the option to join her cause of destroying the system to free humanity or of walking away with a new identity/life with money from her. What Dolores tells him in episode 3 was all true. Why Caleb was chosen based on who he is as a person and his backstory is revealed over the rest of the season, but that isn't a twist.

The season had some other twists, but most of them were minor and not the core part of the plot. Like does Stubbs being a host really both you that much? It's not of major consequence and doesn't ruin anything else. Dolores copying herself instead of bringing other hosts wasn't much of a twist and was a fairly minor point overall. She needed help, and after season 2 decided she could only truly trust herself (of course this backfired as well since her copies diverged to their own people as well with the Halores clone turning on her). Rehoboam controlling Serac wasn't a twist, he's been making every decision based on what the system says all season, all that revealed is that it's literally telling him what to say as well as what to do (which we knew already).

That main themes of the season were the same as season 1 and 2, nothing has really changed there. If anything parts of season 3 were a bit too repetitive of season 1, but I understand they were going for that comparison between humanity and the hosts.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
This kind of thing pisses me off so much. How the actual f*** could Dolores have planned to meet Caleb, under the circumstances in which she had been badly wounded like that? The show introduces Caleb and Dolores to each other in a way that actually feels more impactful, like, "Caleb is a good person, he's helping someone in need", and they make you think for the entire season that it is the case, and then in the finale "nope, Dolores planned it all along". It really dulls the impact of the show when anything that happens can't be taken at face value, because any event could just be the result of a secret plan/manipulation.

Like, Caleb on balance is a good person, so that is cool and all, but it would be nice if that could just stand as part of the story, and Dolores could understand mankind's ability to be compassionate organically, not because she planned to string this guy along.
Dolores wasn't badly wounded and didn't need help, how did you miss this in episode 3? That Caleb was a good person and would help someone in need was the point, he helps and covers for her in episodes 1 and 3. Rehoboam says he's a deviant psychopath that responds to difficult situations with extreme violence, and his Incite profile fits the narrative of someone who would not help someone in need at cost to themselves (low social score, prone to violence, etc.) Despite being re-programmed twice as well, his true self still came through in those situations.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Also, why do the hosts continue to react to human injuries even when they know they're hosts? The security guy's shot and in the bathtub he's "bleeding out". Uh...no, dude. You don't have a heart, you don't have blood, you're a robot. In Dolores' final body, you see the bare bones combat chassis can support the host brain perfectly well on its own. The blood and organ responses are just either unnecessary add-ons or just affectations. Why keep them in the real world? Makes no sense.

Also also, why would you need to program human soldiers when you can just manufacture hosts? Don't need to waste all that time training or conditioning divisions of Jesse Pinkmans do shoot people, just push a button and get bots to do it.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Also, why do the hosts continue to react to human injuries even when they know they're hosts? The security guy's shot and in the bathtub he's "bleeding out". Uh...no, dude. You don't have a heart, you don't have blood, you're a robot. In Dolores' final body, you see the bare bones combat chassis can support the host brain perfectly well on its own. The blood and organ responses are just either unnecessary add-ons or just affectations. Why keep them in the real world? Makes no sense.

Also also, why would you need to program human soldiers when you can just manufacture hosts? Don't need to waste all that time training or conditioning divisions of Jesse Pinkmans do shoot people, just push a button and get bots to do it.
There are different models of hosts. The final body Dolores has is an old model body that is much less like humans. The park used to use these but they were more expensive and guests didn't like them because it broke the facade of reality. This was covered in season 1. They made the organic human like bodies because they were both cheaper and replicated human bodies much closer, and they rely on human-like systems to function properly (but can still take more damage than a human can). Stubbs is "dying" because his fragile organic body has taken too much damage and is shutting down, his brain will be fine of course.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Meh. Season 1 was obviously the high point of the show and I agree there are plenty of flaws but it still has my attention. There isn’t much else on right now that does.

When it comes to pure entertainment that finale was one of the best episodes of the entire series. The storytelling is a obviously bit sloppy (the past 2 seasons) but at the end of the day it’s just a tv show.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia

Yup, exactly.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
There are different models of hosts. The final body Dolores has is an old model body that is much less like humans. The park used to use these but they were more expensive and guests didn't like them because it broke the facade of reality. This was covered in season 1. They made the organic human like bodies because they were both cheaper and replicated human bodies much closer, and they rely on human-like systems to function properly (but can still take more damage than a human can). Stubbs is "dying" because his fragile organic body has taken too much damage and is shutting down, his brain will be fine of course.
No, I understand why the hosts were built like that for use in the parks. There's no reason to continue that once they're out of them, though. It makes no sense that they'd use bodies would be that vulnerable once they're out in the real world. There's been a few times during fight scenes in season 3 where "human" damage impairs the host's functions and sometimes it doesn't. Usually it's been plot dependent. The Charlotte Hale body was able to withstand a car bomb and keep chugging along; that was the new model they were using. Makes no sense to go with anything less once they're out of the parks.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Dolores wasn't badly wounded and didn't need help, how did you miss this in episode 3? That Caleb was a good person and would help someone in need was the point, he helps and covers for her in episodes 1 and 3. Rehoboam says he's a deviant psychopath that responds to difficult situations with extreme violence, and his Incite profile fits the narrative of someone who would not help someone in need at cost to themselves (low social score, prone to violence, etc.) Despite being re-programmed twice as well, his true self still came through in those situations.

I'm not sure, but I'm not a fan of Nolan and Joy's idea that character motivations have to be kept secret until a few episodes later when they are then basically yelled out from on top of a soapbox, or that payoffs have to be saved up all the way to the season finale.

Do you find the show compelling? Because that's the big hang-up for me. I could stomach a lot more of the mystery/vagueness of the story and characters if I ultimately thought that the show was telling us something interesting, but it feels like the show's goal has ultimately been to "blow peoples' minds" instead of digging into mankind's propensity for violence vs compassion (in a nuanced way), or exploring the implications of advancements in AI. It has kind of taken a swing at those things, but those attempts have either been short-lived, or just executed in a ham-fisted way that feels tacked on because it's on HBO and has to have some themes that other prestige tv does. It feels like they are writing for plot first and then back-filling what little time they have left for characterization and thematic aspects.

For most of S2 and S3, the characters have been one-note. Dolores is a killing machine that hates the human race, Maeve just wants to be re-united with her daughter (and I don't think most people have any investment in that), Bernard is given very little to do, and when he is, he is usually confused. Charlotte Hale just flat out sucks. The stilted dialogue sure doesn't help any of this either. The show is so self-serious and everyone talks with the same philosophy 101 vocabulary. I need something a bit different. Instead of spending all this time on Serac and his brother (which was a very poor, ultimately empty part of the season for me), having Maeve and Delores fight eachother every 2nd episode, or having Delores gun down hundreds of people against improbable odds, they could be putting time into developing the relationships between the characters and fleshing out motivations in a more nuanced way.

If Dolores had started out the season trying to destroy the human race, been badly hurt, needed to be rescued by Caleb, and as a result, began to change her perspective on the idea that the human race is all bad, and work with Caleb towards a solution, that's the kind of story I could get behind. I just have a general dislike for the whole "I planned it this way all along" thing that the show has IMO used as a bit of a crutch lately.

Reactions: Hivemind

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'm not sure, but I'm not a fan of Nolan and Joy's idea that character motivations have to be kept secret until a few episodes later when they are then basically yelled out from on top of a soapbox, or that payoffs have to be saved up all the way to the season finale.

Do you find the show compelling? Because that's the big hang-up for me. I could stomach a lot more of the mystery/vagueness of the story and characters if I ultimately thought that the show was telling us something interesting, but it feels like the show's goal has ultimately been to "blow peoples' minds" instead of digging into mankind's propensity for violence vs compassion (in a nuanced way), or exploring the implications of advancements in AI. It has kind of taken a swing at those things, but those attempts have either been short-lived, or just executed in a ham-fisted way that feels tacked on because it's on HBO and has to have some themes that other prestige tv does. It feels like they are writing for plot first and then back-filling what little time they have left for characterization and thematic aspects.

For most of S2 and S3, the characters have been one-note. Dolores is a killing machine that hates the human race, Maeve just wants to be re-united with her daughter (and I don't think most people have any investment in that), Bernard is given very little to do, and when he is, he is usually confused. Charlotte Hale just flat out sucks. The stilted dialogue sure doesn't help any of this either. The show is so self-serious and everyone talks with the same philosophy 101 vocabulary. I need something a bit different. Instead of spending all this time on Serac and his brother (which was a very poor, ultimately empty part of the season for me), having Maeve and Delores fight eachother every 2nd episode, or having Delores gun down hundreds of people against improbable odds, they could be putting time into developing the relationships between the characters and fleshing out motivations in a more nuanced way.

If Dolores had started out the season trying to destroy the human race, been badly hurt, needed to be rescued by Caleb, and as a result, began to change her perspective on the idea that the human race is all bad, and work with Caleb towards a solution, that's the kind of story I could get behind. I just have a general dislike for the whole "I planned it this way all along" thing that the show has IMO used as a bit of a crutch lately.
I find it more compelling than season 2 but less compelling than season 1. Season 1 has been by far the best season, I don't think there is much argument there, but I still like season 3 and I liked it more than season 2. I have never been a big fan of Maeve's storyline, and I've really not liked it much in season 2 or 3. The character is entirely fixated on nostalgia for something that never actually existed and her selfish drive to attain it no matter the cost to anyone else has always presented her poorly, despite attempts to make her seem like a protagonist. Even Dolores at her worst in season 2 when she was going around slaughtering humans was more sympathetic than Maeve's actions have been, because at least you can have some understanding for why Dolores was acting that way after how she had been treated. I did like in season 3 that Dolores was more like her season 1 self again than just season 2 killing machine.

Bernard was good in season 2, but was a bit off to the sidelines in season 3. Part of that is the result of Dolores really just using him as a side part of her plans, so he was constantly way behind on every action.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I didn't like the finale at all. I found it boring and the revelations uninteresting and/or stupid. Dolores was trying to exterminate humans all season... but no, she was really trying to save them all along? Are you kidding me?

In the entire season, I liked only one episode (the 2nd one, since it took place partly in the park and was about Bernard instead of Dolores). The season was just a huge disappointment to me. Season 2 was a big disappointment, as well, but I can say that I liked it a lot better than this season.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
I didn't like the finale at all. I found it boring and the revelations uninteresting and/or stupid. Dolores was trying to exterminate humans all season... but no, she was really trying to save them all along? Are you kidding me?

In the entire season, I liked only one episode (the 2nd one, since it took place partly in the park and was about Bernard instead of Dolores). The season was just a huge disappointment to me. Season 2 was a big disappointment, as well, but I can say that I liked it a lot better than this season.

I started out vaguely interested, but it all went to hell for me by about mid-season. Season 2 had kind of the same thing, but The Riddle of the Sphinx (episode 4) and Kiksuya (episode 8) were such great episodes of tv that I can at least be grateful to season 2 for those. I'm sure it's not a coincidence either that those 2 enjoyable episodes were more of the standalone variety that broke away from the monotony of Nolan and Joy's tedious, messy, main plot. Season 3 feels like it all added up to a whole lot of nothing. No episodes that I particularly loved, just a few fleeting moments.

Reactions: Bruins4Lifer

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

She literally said the opposite in episode 3. I keep seeing this take, but it doesn't even align with what was presented in the show, it just seems to be an assumption everyone had. I touched on this in an earlier post, I think people were expecting Dolores to have evil ulterior motives and a secret plan so much that they didn't accept what she actually said at face value, but she said it and the end result is exactly what she said she was going for.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
She literally said the opposite in episode 3. I keep seeing this take, but it doesn't even align with what was presented in the show, it just seems to be an assumption everyone had. I touched on this in an earlier post, I think people were expecting Dolores to have evil ulterior motives and a secret plan so much that they didn't accept what she actually said at face value, but she said it and the end result is exactly what she said she was going for.

I don't know what you're referring to. Perhaps you would give us a quote and, maybe, some context. The show definitely reinforced the idea all season long that Dolores was waging war on humans. You even believed that for yourself:

Which based on Bernard's line about "poetic sensibilities" with Dolores seems to have been the plan. Dolores doesn't need to collapse society, she just need to pull on the right threads so it would unravel on its own through the actions of others.
We're not exactly sure where she falls on this anymore. For sure she is looking to secure the future for hosts, and that means stripping a lot of power away from humans and probably killing billions of them. On the other hand her experiences with Caleb has shown her that most humans are no more free than she was, and all of her past experiences with humanity has been with the very elite of society.

For the record, both were said after episode 3 and the second was after episode 6. You were right there with us in not accepting what Dolores supposedly said at face value, yet it feels like you're correcting us.

You could be right that the writers hid Dolores' true intentions in plain sight, but they still hid them all the way up until the very end. It was the big twist of the season and having Dolores let it slip on one occasion back in episode 3 (which we were meant to not catch) doesn't, by itself, make it a believable twist for me. I think that hiding the truth in plain sight is only effective if, when it's revealed, you demonstrate it so that it can be believed, and it doesn't feel to me like I we were given enough to believe Dolores' true intentions before the season ended. I think that the writers waited too long to reveal it for the sake of ending on a cliffhanger.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt19Oilers

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I don't know what you're referring to. Perhaps you would give us a quote and, maybe, some context. The show definitely reinforced the idea all season long that Dolores was waging war on humans. You even believed that for yourself:

For the record, both were said after episode 3 and the second was after episode 6. You were right there with us in not accepting what Dolores supposedly said at face value, yet it feels like you're correcting us.

You could be right that the writers hid Dolores' true intentions in plain sight, but they still hid them all the way up until the very end and didn't do an adequate job of supporting the twist so that we could believe it, IMO. Hiding the truth in plain sight is only effective if, when it's eventually revealed, you then demonstrate it so that the observer can believe it. I think that the show could've benefited from the twist being revealed a little earlier, so there could've been time for Dolores to really explain and back up that truth, rather than after she was incapacitated and having to hear it from another character (that we're supposed to trust knows and is telling the truth).
You said "exterminate all humans", none of the posts you quoted of me said that. The second one even talks about how we don't know exactly where she fell on the humanity question anymore, but it turns out after the finale that what she said earlier in the season was actually what she felt about it now, there was no deception there. She stripped power away to secure a future for hosts, and her actions will likely result in the deaths of billions since she has essentially destabilized humanity's social structures and we have seen shots of the future of a destroyed civilization.

Dolores - "Most people aren't hard to predict, but you, you surprised me. You made a choice, choice no one else in your shoes would have made. Now you have another choice. I can give you money, as much as you need, you could run."

Caleb - "and if I stay? What about you, what are you gonna do?"

Dolores - "Start a revolution."

Caleb - "No offense, but what the f*** does that mean?"

Dolores - "When you were at work you would kill the signal to see how people would react. I'm gonna do the same thing."

Caleb - "You're gonna cut the cord to the system?"

Dolores - "and show this world for what it really is."

Caleb - "You wanna know why I didn't tell those guys about you? You are the first real thing that has happened to me in a long time."

Dolores - "I don't need an algorithm to know that the man who built the system, he won't go down without a fight."

Caleb - "I'm a dead man either way. At least this way, I get to decide who I want to be."

Turns out this conversation was very straightforward and Dolores followed through with exactly what she told Caleb her goals were. We didn't know at the time this was for sure the case, but my point was that everyone was expecting some kind of twist here, but there really wasn't one. I wasn't saying everyone should have known for sure at the time that she was being honest, I definitely didn't, I'm saying that now that she followed through with it I don't see the criticism that it was somehow a twist or that it didn't follow through with what we were shown, because it did.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Ok finale. Getting some Lost vibes in that they're out thinking themselves with their writing, ultimately creating more confusion than clarity.

Granted I watched the Clone Wars last episode before this so it really was going to feel like an afterthought after such greatness.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
You said "exterminate all humans", none of the posts you quoted of me said that. The second one even talks about how we don't know exactly where she fell on the humanity question anymore, but it turns out after the finale that what she said earlier in the season was actually what she felt about it now, there was no deception there. She stripped power away to secure a future for hosts, and her actions will likely result in the deaths of billions since she has essentially destabilized humanity's social structures and we have seen shots of the future of a destroyed civilization.

I said "exterminate humans" (not "exterminate all humans") and talking about her plan being the "deaths of billions" certainly qualifies us as saying close enough to the same thing, IMO. The point is that pretty much all of us expected lots and lots of humans to die because of Dolores... yet, in the finale, it was actually suggested that her plan all along was to save humans. That suggestion was not a part of the episode 3 conversation that you posted (but thanks for providing it, anyways). I think that you're focusing on what Dolores was going to do while we're referring more to why she was going to do it. Nowhere in the season was it suggested that she was starting a revolution in order to save humanity. We were led to believe that she wanted to start a revolution for the sake of synthetics like the many that were sent into hiding in Season 2. I would say that that was deception for the sake of a twist.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I said "exterminate humans" (not "exterminate all humans") and talking about her plan being the "deaths of billions" certainly qualifies us as saying close enough to the same thing, IMO. The point is that pretty much all of us expected lots and lots of humans to die because of Dolores... yet, in the finale, it was actually suggested that her plan all along was to save humans. That suggestion was not a part of the episode 3 conversation that you posted (but thanks for providing it, anyways). I think that you're focusing on what Dolores was going to do while we're referring more to why she was going to do it. Nowhere in the season was it suggested that she was starting a revolution in order to save humanity. We were led to believe that she wanted to start a revolution for the sake of synthetics like the many that were sent into hiding in Season 2. I would say that that was deception for the sake of a twist.
I think we're defining "save humanity" differently here. Serac through Rehoboam was destroying humanity by transforming human civilization into a completely AI controlled society without anyone having free will. His motivations were not necessarily evil, as he didn't appear to be after personal power or anything, but his vision of a future for humanity was a grim and dystopian as any. Rehoboam was already controlling 99.5% of humanity, with the other 0.5% identified as outliers. They scooped the outliers up, with 10% of those undergoing successful reprogramming so they would be controllable, and the rest were put in cold storage or killed. The problem that Serac was trying to solve was that both Soloman and Rehoboam were predicting the extinction of the human race if current conditions continued, and Rehoboam and Serac they thought the only way to fix this was to wipe out the outliers. He thought he could reprogram them better with the data from The Forge. There were no real perfect outcomes presented here.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I think we're defining "save humanity" differently here. Serac through Rehoboam was destroying humanity by transforming human civilization into a completely AI controlled society without anyone having free will. His motivations were not necessarily evil, as he didn't appear to be after personal power or anything, but his vision of a future for humanity was a grim and dystopian as any. Rehoboam was already controlling 99.5% of humanity, with the other 0.5% identified as outliers. They scooped the outliers up, with 10% of those undergoing successful reprogramming so they would be controllable, and the rest were put in cold storage or killed. The problem that Serac was trying to solve was that both Soloman and Rehoboam were predicting the extinction of the human race if current conditions continued, and Rehoboam and Serac they thought the only way to fix this was to wipe out the outliers. He thought he could reprogram them better with the data from The Forge. There were no real perfect outcomes presented here.

Most of that was news to us and even to Caleb until late in the season. We and he didn't even learn about the extinction prediction until over halfway through the finale. Whether Dolores knew all of that from the beginning of the season is the question, but it's enough that we didn't know it. If she knew it back in episode 3, then she wasn't being as straightforward as you're suggesting and we couldn't have understood her goals then. If, on the other hand, she didn't know that, then it seems to kind of contradict the idea that she was always trying to save humanity, because how could she know that taking down Serac would save it if she didn't understand his goals and motivations? Either way, the idea that Dolores was trying to save humanity all along was definitely a twist, even if it was one that some viewers could've predicted on the basis of clues, much like some of the biggest twists of season 1.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Cool finale, glad the show is continuing

I will say though, Tessa Thompsons character is easily my least favorite in the show, and somehow she continues live on

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
I have to agree with most of the criticisms of this season. I feel they need to slow down the story, as they've lost me on emotional attachment to the characters this season. The overuse in deception on character motivations also contributes there. Any of the big twists they reveal now fall so much flatter than they did in season 1. Even season 2 now would appear pretty good in comparison.

I'll still keep watching though. As a production, this show is still quite a spectacle to watch. And the music/soundtrack is great. I loved Ramin Djawadi's rendition of "Wicked Games".

Reactions: Osprey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad