TV: Westworld S3

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
S2 was more or less a disaster. Especially compared to S1 which was pretty incredible. The obsession to try to keep the fans from being able to guess twists really hurt the product. I'll give s3 a try but I'm not expecting much.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I didn't dislike Season 2 overall.. athough I found it entirely too confusing at times.

But Season 3 looks like so far of a departure from it all... ugh :help:

Cool to see Aaron Paul involved though, so of course I'll tune in to see what's up.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Season 2 was good, but it was a huge step down from season 1. Not much to go on in the teaser besides Aaron Paul being a new main cast member.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Yeah, i enjoyed the whole park element to west world so for that to likely be largely eliminated will be interesting...

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
If I had to take a guess Aaron Paul is a human that ends up helping Dolores take down the world, but he probably doesn't know she is AI until later in the season.

We know Dolores wins in the end in some way since years in the future she was having the Man in Black relive his loop over and over.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
The Western bit is what appealed to me about Westworld. This is something different entirely. I can only imagine how much money they're throwing at it as well. Having Pink Floyd on its first teaser would seem to indicate money is no object.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Feels like the kind of season the will either reinvigorate the show in a fresh direction or it crashes and burns. Don't see much of a middle ground for it....but I will be there to find out when it drops lol.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I do hope they just put less effort into obscuring their twists, which they seemed determined to do in season 2.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I thought that the purpose of a teaser was to get you excited. That did absolutely nothing for me. Actually, if anything, it's made me a bit worried.

In fairness, it looks like everything in it is taken from one episode. In fact, it could be that that's all that they've filmed so far and HBO wanted to rush out a teaser with what they had to dissuade people from canceling HBO today. It's likely no coincidence that they dropped it on the night of the GoT finale.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeah, i enjoyed the whole park element to west world so for that to likely be largely eliminated will be interesting...

Pretty much my thoughts.

The trailer just seemed so.... different.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Looks great. I would bet that’s all just the first episode too, I’m sure we’ll see the park very shortly after.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I thought that the purpose of a teaser was to get you excited. That did absolutely nothing for me. Actually, if anything, it's made me a bit worried.

In fairness, it looks like everything in it is taken from one episode. In fact, it could be that that's all that they've filmed so far and HBO wanted to rush out a teaser with what they had to dissuade people from canceling HBO today. It's likely no coincidence that they dropped it on the night of the GoT finale.

The teaser was a handful of seconds of a character from the show. A minute of it was dedicated to the futuristic dystopia and the inner monologue of some guy disillusioned with it.

I understand the show needs to move beyond a small park but man... the focus should have been on Evan Rachel Wood's character and not a character we know nothing about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad