TV: Westworld S3

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
If I had to take a guess Aaron Paul is a human that ends up helping Dolores take down the world, but he probably doesn't know she is AI until later in the season.

We know Dolores wins in the end in some way since years in the future she was having the Man in Black relive his loop over and over.

If you haven't watched S2 don't read the spoiler...

Isn't Dolores now uploaded into Tessa Thompson's body?

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
The story in season 2 disappeared up it’s own ass in favour of trying too hard to surprise us with ridiculous twists. Loved S1 in its entirety, but only liked a few episodes of S2. No idea if this will be good, but the trailer is incredibly intriguing.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
The teaser was a handful of seconds of a character from the show. A minute of it was dedicated to the futuristic dystopia and the inner monologue of some guy disillusioned with it.

I understand the show needs to move beyond a small park but man... the focus should have been on Evan Rachel Wood's character and not a character we know nothing about.
Why? It’s a teaser.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
No idea what to make of that teaser.

I loved season 1 and enjoyed season 2 (even if it was confusing at times).

Obviously some kind of big time jump, but we'll how they handle that.

Reactions: CPTN71

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Bad: Season 2 was so confusing I'm going to need to rewatch it before S3... or watch a detailed summary video

Good: 2020 S3 start date gives me plenty of time

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.

I know that the trailers aren't going to give too much away and I like to think that I'm a rather smart person, but this show is so confusing. I feel like I need to go back to the start and begin mapping everything out. Characters, settings, timelines, who is a robot, who isn't a robot, who was once a real person but now is a robot, who is basically a robot consciousness but has switched physical robot shells. I like the show, but it is definitely work to keep up with what is happening.

Reactions: TB12 and CPTN71

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Okay what on earth is going on.

Also I am so hyped to see Tommy Flanagan in the trailer.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Season 1 was great for the most part, a little confusing but nothing too hard to grasp.

Season 2 was a jumbled mess and I lost interest half way through. Won't be watching season 3.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Teaser trailer has me feeling confused again. I can't remember who's actually human and who's robot and who's who in who's body... :laugh:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I know that the trailers aren't going to give too much away and I like to think that I'm a rather smart person, but this show is so confusing. I feel like I need to go back to the start and begin mapping everything out. Characters, settings, timelines, who is a robot, who isn't a robot, who was once a real person but now is a robot, who is basically a robot consciousness but has switched physical robot shells. I like the show, but it is definitely work to keep up with what is happening.
No you're not lacking intelligence. The show writers got so pissed that people figured out William=MiB that they way over complicated the plot too quickly.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Season 1 was so fun, season 2 lost that and it grew too fast

I finally got around to season 2. I kind of got bored with Dolores' story and now I'm not quite as hyped for season 3 since she'll be one of the main features and the show lost a few of the more interesting characters. I'm more interested in Maive's and William's storylines (he probably won't feature much).

I was OK with the new zones, the Indiana Jones themed one and the feudal Japan themed one but I felt they could have fleshed out the India Jones one a lot more. They did it for the Japan one.

The different timelines/flashbacks was a bit confusing because it felt like they had too many points in time before the park, during the park and present day. It was all mixed in there. It did not feel like there was a method or plan to these timelines/flashbacks and it was used to develop Bernard in a pretty cheap way. They could have helped the actor out more with a better storyline this season.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
No you're not lacking intelligence. The show writers got so pissed that people figured out William=MiB that they way over complicated the plot too quickly.

It's ironic. One of the things that people loved about the first season was figuring things out, so what did the writers do? They tried to take it away by making the second season confusing and hard to follow. They seemed more concerned with their own pride than the viewers' entertainment.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I like the new trailer way more than the teaser.

I thought they were getting way to far away from the show's original concept with the park theme. The Maeve scenes were encouraging.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
And more importantly, once you figure it all out, why you should give a crap about any of these characters?

When you have no idea what anybody is, and everybody can die and come back and switch....why am I watching? Why do I care about a shootout if we established 1000Xs over that you will just get re-booted?

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
And more importantly, once you figure it all out, why you should give a crap about any of these characters?

When you have no idea what anybody is, and everybody can die and come back and switch....why am I watching? Why do I care about a shootout if we established 1000Xs over that you will just get re-booted?
We have seen both humans and hosts being killed off during the series so far, so the concept of being rebooted doesn't necessarily apply to everyone at all times. Plus death shouldn't be the only factor with regards to rooting for a character or having suspense in specific scenes.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011

source.gif

Seems a little derivative, but at least it appears less convoluted than last season. I'll be watching.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009

Looks to be better than season 2, think they never should have introduced Shogun World and The Raj as being completed(or close enough) parks, it cheapened season 1 for me

Loved Sweet Child O'Mine in the trailer too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad