Post-Game Talk: West Side Story

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Miller hopefully said his prayers last night . He should consider himself lucky that Lowry did not rip him in two . Lowry is a guy you avoid .

Geesh...50 shots 39 from the parking lot . Can't win those games against heavy clubs which is as far as we go in playoffs without a Jeannot type guy on the ice every 4th shift or when needed .

Rangers D were looking over their shoulders all night and could not stop the big Jet guns .

I thought that Stanley kid had great game for the Jets.....

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Kocur26

Limousine Ridin’
Jul 30, 2021
The team lost a game and all the negative analysts here are explaining everything that's wrong with the team.

Maybe the Rangers should secede from the NHL.
Glen Sather is still a scout - so never mind secession- we should be voted out .

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
You’ve been itching for a reason to post this as much as gallant has been looking for a reason to insert Goodrow into the top 6.

Both are wrong. They got smoked tonight, big whoop.
One of these you have a proof right here the other one you’re totally projecting for whatever reason.

Kakko is staying in his spot in top-6. Tarasenko is not going anywhere. Vesey? He’s been good last night and isn’t he another supposed Gallant’s crutch that folks choose to complain about being in top-6 or top-9 just cause they want to complain?

f*** Carp. f*** Larry too while we’re at it.

Reactions: trilobyte

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Igor is pissed. I'm good with that. He doesn't need to answer garbage questions about what happened. You want him to say he sucked tonight? That's about all there is to it.

He's in nets Thursday. You can confirm it now.
Right. I think most of us couldn't give a shit about him not wanting to answer questions. We just want him to play better.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
My English friends who really LOVED John's were almost shocked that I was raving about Joe's before we walked in. The look on their faces when we all bit into our slices was equal disappointment. I even tried the fresh mozzarella slice to diversify...& it was even worse than the regular slice. The dough was tasteless & bland, with almost a sandpaper consistency. The sauce which was always the secret star of that pizza was nothing like it used to be. Ugh.

For the rest of the night, I was almost inconsolable. For years that has been pizza mecca to me & the gold standard. I'm almost rethinking my reason for living at this point.

The original Grimaldis in the tiny storefront when owned by the Family was OUTSTANDING. The franchise spots are extremely hit or miss.

Have not been to Juliana's but hear it's amazing.
Juliana's has some long ass lines but I can confirm it is amazing and worth it.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Miller hopefully said his prayers last night . He should consider himself lucky that Lowry did not rip him in two . Lowry is a guy you avoid .

Geesh...50 shots 39 from the parking lot . Can't win those games against heavy clubs which is as far as we go in playoffs without a Jeannot type guy on the ice every 4th shift or when needed .

Rangers D were looking over their shoulders all night and could not stop the big Jet guns .

Yeah the Jets forechecked so effectively and rattled our D so much that they took 21 shots. Give me a break.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
E885BCE8-7E31-4C7F-B26A-B92FFD1FFA6C.jpeg

This sums it up pretty nicely. Hellebuyck did to us what Shesty did to everyone else over and over again early last year.

Can’t be mad about that game. They dominated it.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
View attachment 654074

This sums it up pretty nicely. Hellebuyck did to us what Shesty did to everyone else over and over again early last year.

Can’t be mad about that game. They dominated it.

That’s how I felt, really can’t be mad. It was the goalies performance that led to the results. Question is if Gallant is going to let Shesty work through this funk or give Halak more starts to send a message.

Reactions: Synergy27

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Remember when this happened to is earlier in the season? And people said "no, those shots aren't real, we're losing because we're soft somehow." And then facing.950 goaltending every night just stopped and we had points in like 26/29 games.

That was a thing that happened.

No, what's different now compared with earlier is that we're attacking the net more. We're not soft, yet we're still not greasy enough. Everybody says that it's a good thing to "stick with the game plan" when we're trailing, but it also makes sense to make in-game adjustments too. We should have tried to get more bodily distractions in front of their goaltender, and attempted more deflections, and we didn't.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

We just played a heavier club in Calgary and destroyed them a few weeks ago. They can play with anybody. Last night they lost because of goaltending and nothing else. Simple as that.

Reactions: cheech70

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
No, what's different now compared with earlier is that we're attacking the net more. We're not soft, yet we're still not greasy enough. Everybody says that it's a good thing to "stick with the game plan" when we're trailing, but it also makes sense to make in-game adjustments too. We should have tried to get more bodily distractions in front of their goaltender, and attempted more deflections, and we didn't.
We had 12 high-danger chances.

• Haha
Reactions: leetch99

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
View attachment 653999View attachment 654000
@Boris Zubov when it comes to pizza I’m your guy on here. This is my homemade pizza. Homemade dough, homemade sauce, and the Hormel Rosa Grande pepperoni. If anyone wants to make pizzeria quality pizza at home get yourself a pizza steel/baking steel. They’re heavy but they retain heat better than anything else. 5 minute pizzas in the oven.
I've made my own pizza before several times. Haven't tried the baking steel yet, just a crappy stone in my oven. Worked in a couple of pizzerias in college, so I'm really good at making my own dough. It's been awhile since I've fooled around with it, but I'd like to experiment with some of the high hydration recipes I've read about.

Here's some of my results...

Plain Cheese...

IMG_3869.JPG

Margherita...

IMG_3870.JPG

Sicilian...

Sicillian.jpg

Even make my own chicken rolls...

ChickenRoll.jpg

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
We just played a heavier club in Calgary and destroyed them a few weeks ago. They can play with anybody. Last night they lost because of goaltending and nothing else. Simple as that.

The goaltending sucked, yes, but look at their goals again. There's some merit behind Vally's comments about them being tough chances on Shesty. The defensive coverage has been shoddy the last few games and it has to get cleaned up. Miller and Schneider are still both jittery as f*** sometimes, and the first goal last night was started when Trouba did a pinch/hit attempt and took himself out of the play going the other way, which he and Fox both have done more frequently lately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad