Post-Game Talk: West Side Story

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I don't get this notion that we're locked into 3rd. There's a quarter-plus season left. We're 4 points behind NJ. I'd love to finish second so we get home ice. I'll concede that we won't finish first in the division, how about that? I'll give you that much.
I said locked into 3rd at worst. 2nd is still a possibility. I honestly don't think home ice will matter much tbh. I think there will be a lot of Rangers fans at Prudential also. Both teams are very good road teams also.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
LOL...we certainly did not destroy Calgary in either game . Also...we had Cuylee and Blais and Gauthier in the only game we won between the 2 games . Without them we now have lost 2 games . Anyways....we only scored one goal.....so I guess this club needs Shesty to steal a win every time against heavy clubs . We're too soft .....we are fine most nights......but we might be chopped liver against the Bruins . You can't have 12 forwards that won't instigate a scrap ......Miller looked like a dummy backing down when he was challenged ......how long would it have taken for Bruin forward to jump in if that had happened to a young guy on their club ......different mentality . Hockey is a tough emotional sport and you have to be ready to play that way come the playoffs .
We are not soft. That is bull. Trouba destroyed Calgary single handedly in the game at MSG. Were we watching the same game? They lost 3-2 in OT in the second game. So what. We did not get pushed around. They lost because they gave up 2 goals in the first minute.

• Wow
Reactions: leetch99

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I said locked into 3rd at worst. 2nd is still a possibility. I honestly don't think home ice will matter much tbh. I think there will be a lot of Rangers fans at Prudential also. Both teams are very good road teams also.

Their home game against the Jets seemed packed. There will always be a huge Rangers contingent at Newark, but don't underestimate the bandwagoners who come out of the woodwork especially when they know it's a NY-NJ matchup.

And NJ celebrities appearing in force, like The Situation.

• Haha
Reactions: FUZfan

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Winnipeg as they stand right now

6'2" 202 on average

NYR as they stand right now

6'2" 199 on average.

Remember this is including Kravtsov who isn't playing and weighs like 3 pounds. If they swapped Krav for Bjugstad they'd be one of the tallest and heaviest teams in the league.
Dude did you WATCH the first game?

Three of their guys got smoked including the all timer Trouba threw on Kadri. They got smoked in that game and honestly its a blow out win if Halak stops 2 softies and the league defines what a kicking motion is.

I don't know why some people want to act like this is a soft team that can't handle "heavy" hockey. They give WAY more than they take.

Bruins aren't heavy either. They're softer than we are in their top 9 and certainly are in their D.

Its not like they struggled to withstand Winnipeg's "heavy" assault yesterday either. They fired 30 more shots on goal and doubled them up on quality chances.
Yes.....Dube and Kadri are real monsters all 185 pounds of them LOL......and Lucic -Dube -Kadri all continued to play after the hits ......Have you forgot how Weegar schooled Cuylee and beat the living piss out of him . I'd call that a smoking !!! Anyways...we have different opinions on where our team is right now.....

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Imagine we somehow get through Boston and go to the finals only to get curb stomped by the Jets?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
But what's the girth like on their legs?
Yes.....Dube and Kadri are real monsters all 185 pounds of them LOL......and Lucic -Dube -Kadri all continued to play after the hits ......Have you forgot how Weegar schooled Cuylee and beat the living piss out of him . I'd call that a smoking !!! Anyways...we have different opinions on where our team is right now.....

What does that have to
Do with anything? Lol.

You said the rangers didn’t lay a beating on the flames. They clearly did.

• Wow

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Corrected with facts that Winnipeg is bigger? They are literally bigger. You must be confusing me with someone else.

It’s also funny coming from the guy who made a chart with penalties and hits? Lol

Your arrogance on things you know little about is impressive
People may come off as arrogant when they're literally correct about something.

It's been shown in black and white measurements, with straightforward parameters, that there's no meaningful size difference between the two teams.

It's very frustrating and creates a very untenable environment when you argue against something verifiable as if we're having a debate over it.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
People may come off as arrogant when they're literally correct about something.

It's been shown in black and white measurements, with straightforward parameters, that there's no meaningful size difference between the two teams.

It's very frustrating and creates a very untenable environment when you argue against something verifiable as if we're having a debate over it.
There is a difference and Winnipeg is bigger.

meaningful? who's the arbiter? If that's the case no team has a meaningful difference. Everything is the same. 66lbs difference

Winnipeg is verifiably bigger than the Rangers. They are towards the top of the league. Rangers a middle of the pack.

Facts are facts.

Arrogance is you thinking you cracked the code of the game of hockey by using charts.

Last edited:
  • Love

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
You ask 100 people who they thought got the shit beat out of them in that game and 99 would say Calgary. You of course would disagree.

• Haha

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
There is a difference and Winnipeg is bigger.

meaningful? who's the arbiter? If that's the case no team has a meaningful difference. Everything is the same.

Winnipeg is verifiably bigger than the Rangers. They are towards the top of the league. Rangers a middle of the pack.

Facts are facts.

Arrogance is you thinking you understand the game of hockey greater than people who have lived it by looking at charts.

6'2" 202 on average

6'2" 199 on average.

Uninstalled posted these numbers a few minutes ago. I don't see much of a difference.

Reactions: Machinehead

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Their home game against the Jets seemed packed. There will always be a huge Rangers contingent at Newark, but don't underestimate the bandwagoners who come out of the woodwork especially when they know it's a NY-NJ matchup.

And NJ celebrities appearing in force, like The Situation.
Home ice will not matter in this series. I could see Jersey feeling more pressure at home than at MSG. Jersey is 16-10-2 at home and 21-4-3 on the road. Rangers are 16-10-4 at home and 17-5-5 on the road.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

6'2" 202 on average

6'2" 199 on average.

Uninstalled posted these numbers a few minutes ago. I don't see much of a difference.

They are bigger. I do not care that WPG are bigger. I never mentioned it as to why we lost.

Said Winnipeg was bigger. This is the garbage semantics I wanted to avoid but I somehow get sucked into by the same person.

Make a picture so it's easier to understand...

cqLP2vl.png

and this has been a waste of my and everyoen else's time...

what have we've learned? Winnipeg is the bigger team. Great. Move on.

Can we post a chart about which team plays a Heavier game?

P.s. Last year we were at 204lbs... so we're getting smaller. Smaller the key word. We're not small but smaller than last year. I have to clarify everything with iron clad meaning because someone might run with a different meaning

• Love

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
They are bigger. I do not care that WPG are bigger. I never mentioned it as to why we lost.

Said Winnipeg was bigger. This is the garbage semantics I wanted to avoid but I somehow get sucked into by the same person.

Make a picture so it's easier to understand...

cqLP2vl.png

and this has been a waste of my and everyoen else's time...

what have we've learned? Winnipeg is the bigger team. Great. Move on.

Can we post a chart about which team plays a Heavier game?

P.s. Last year we were at 204lbs... so we're getting smaller. Smaller the key word. We're not small but smaller than last year. I have to clarify everything with iron clad meaning because someone might run with a different meaning
We tried that and you yelled at me.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
What does that have to
Do with anything? Lol.

You said the rangers didn’t lay a beating on the flames. They clearly did.
You ask 100 people who they thought got the shit beat out of them in that game and 99 would say Calgary. You of course would disagree.
LMAO.....OK....you are convinced that Cuylee won the fight then ? Too funny.....a couple of big hits on little guys is not getting the shit beat out of you by any means . Some of you guys must have just started watching hockey . Trouba hit a couple of small guys......Cuylee got fed his supper .....Blais got lucky he got traded .....but watch out for the next Blues -Flames game .

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm sorry, I'm just so sick reading whatever iteration of "the team too soft" after every f***ing loss. I know a lot of other people are too.

Coming off of a huge point streak and a game where we outshot the opponent 50-21, people can't wait to get right back to it.

Watch one of the seven teams that hit more than the Rangers then. They all suck.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
LMAO.....OK....you are convinced that Cuylee won the fight then ? Too funny.....a couple of big hits on little guys is not getting the shit beat out of you by any means . Some of you guys must have just started watching hockey . Trouba hit a couple of small guys......Cuylee got fed his supper .....Blais got lucky he got traded .....but watch out for the next Blues -Flames game .

I mean trouba also won both of his fights but okay.

Reactions: TominNC

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
No Cuylle didn't win the fight but Lucic got smoked and Trouba rocked some guys. Also Kadri is a dirty annoying POS and Trouba knocked him into next week. If you think the Rangers didn't win the physical battle in that game you are clueless.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
No Cuylle didn't win the fight but Lucic got smoked and Trouba rocked some guys. Also Kadri is a dirty annoying POS and Trouba knocked him into next week. If you think the Rangers didn't win the physical battle in that game you are clueless.
The Rangers never win the physical battle. That isn't the point. We don't want the team to be more physical, we want to complain about how not physical they are.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Yes....Trouba did beat the much smaller guy Dube who by all account had the shit beat out of him via the first check by Trouba according to some reports of late ....it is amazing and beyond belief he could still walk and talk let alone participate in a fight against the bigger Trouba LOL ...you sir are 100 % correct .

When you have to make it personal that is a pretty good sign that you lost the argument .
You are arguing that somehow the Rangers didn't win the physical battle in that game. You already lost the argument. Why don't you go watch the game again, this time with your eyes open.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2