OT: West Coast Blue Jays Discussion

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Thanks Jays, for a hell of a season.

I can only laugh at those that missed an incredible season. Your loss.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
That was brutal, they could get nothing done with RISP. I wonder how this series would have been different if the Blue Jays had taken home field, or if they didn't choke game 2.

Don't think it would've mattered much.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Man, that strike 2 call on Revere was baaaaaaaad. You need to be able to convert with the tying run on third and no outs though.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Thanks Jays, for a hell of a season.

I can only laugh at those that missed an incredible season. Your loss.

Exactly. It was an entertaining season for sure. I was watching from the edge of my seat most of the playoffs. Meanwhile hockey season started and I barely noticed, the season has been such a snore. :laugh:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Man, that strike 2 call on Revere was baaaaaaaad. You need to be able to convert with the tying run on third and no outs though.

Changed his entire approach at the plate. Brutal call. They also missed Davis' balk. Not overly shocking though. Not t mention that botched HR call early on too.

The MLB got what they seemingly wanted.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Exactly. It was an entertaining season for sure. I was watching from the edge of my seat most of the playoffs. Meanwhile hockey season started and I barely noticed, the season has been such a snore. :laugh:

Canucks playoffs last year were nowhere near this breathtaking, and heartpounding. It's not hockey, so some people just hate for no reason, or because the team is based in Toronto.

Kind of funny, honestly.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
NHL has incompetent refs. As does like every sport. It sucks.

true but unlike the other sports, these guys could be replaced by computer programs and probably should be. but maybe MLB likes it better this way so they can get what they want.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
I can't believe a few of those pitches that were called strikes. Totally changed those AB's. I hope MLB goes to robot umps because a lot of these guys make it up as they go. All of a sudden a pitch that is high and outside by six inches becomes a strike....such a joke to watch umps have such an impact in a big situation.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Canucks playoffs last year were nowhere near this breathtaking, and heartpounding. It's not hockey, so some people just hate for no reason, or because the team is based in Toronto.

Kind of funny, honestly.

For me, it's just simply because I can't get in to baseball. It's just like a lot of the American population not being able to get in to hockey. Baseball is their passtime, hockey is ours.

arsmaster*

That 2-1 strike call on revere was ****ing dog ****. Hate that ****.

3-1 instead if 2-2? Umps impacted the biggest moment of the game.

That said Donaldson is the guy who you want up even though they should have scored that run easily.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
For me, it's just simply because I can't get in to baseball. It's just like a lot of the American population not being able to get in to hockey. Baseball is their passtime, hockey is ours.

Well, it's the drive-by comments that were posted right away are kind of unnecessary, especially considering the circumstances and that this thread isn't meant for it to begin with. Not blaming you, to be clear.

Some people see baseball as boring, that's fine, but playoff baseball is so much different. Give it a shot. A good portion of an entire nation just backed and united for a team that wasn't in the Olympics. That's crazy.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
CSDlJtLVAAA7AK1.jpg

whaaaaat?

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
I like baseball but i just feel like a bandwagoner. Rather just watch the world series like every year.

And laugh at outright fault if an umpire decides who gets to win

arsmaster*

I can't believe a few of those pitches that were called strikes. Totally changed those AB's. I hope MLB goes to robot umps because a lot of these guys make it up as they go. All of a sudden a pitch that is high and outside by six inches becomes a strike....such a joke to watch umps have such an impact in a big situation.
Yup. They have the technology in tennis and soccer. Get in baseball. There really is no use for them with replay.

Pivotal call changed that last inning.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I like baseball but i just feel like a bandwagoner. Rather just watch the world series like every year.

And laugh at outright fault if an umpire decides who gets to win

That's fine. It's practically how everyone gets into a sport - casually watching it, then you find a favourite player then favourite team and the rest is history.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site

Kind of funny, honestly.

That's unfair. People like different things. I hate baseball (it's so slow...takes forever just to throw one pitch, there's nothing breathtaking and heartpounding about even a playoff game to me). I got into the Jays in the playoffs this year because I like supporting a Canadian team if it's the only team in the country, and sure some of the games were kind of exciting to watch, but people have good reasons for not getting into watching it and wanting it to just be over with.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
That's unfair. People like different things. I hate baseball (it's so slow...takes forever just to throw one pitch, there's nothing breathtaking and heartpounding about even a playoff game to me). I got into the Jays in the playoffs this year because I like supporting a Canadian team if it's the only team in the country, and sure some of the games were kind of exciting to watch, but people have good reasons for not getting into watching it and wanting it to just be over with.

Of course. A lot of comments I have seen (not all in this thread, btw), are the ones I listed. Some just don't the game exciting...and that's fine, they aren't the ones posting drive-by comments in the thread.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto

Kind of funny, honestly.

Yup. I can't even watch regular season baseball, but the postseason is like a completely different sport. The intensity is incredible. I don't even care about the Blue Jays that much, but this was way more interesting than the Canucks' playoff run last year. Not even close IMO.

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Its impossible for a playoff baseball game to be bad. If one team sucks they are still likely in it with 6 or less runs.

In hockey a bad team us usually cooked

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Its impossible for a playoff baseball game to be bad. If one team sucks they are still likely in it with 6 or less runs.

In hockey a bad team us usually cooked

That's right, a deficit of up to 4 runs can be made up with one swing of the bat. It's a lot harder to build up a 'safe' lead in playoff baseball than in a playoff hockey game.

Are you down 3-1 or 4-1 late in the third period in a playoff game? Good luck with that. Two or three first period goals is usually enough to let you coast the rest of the game.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
That's right, a deficit of up to 4 runs can be made up with one swing of the bat. It's a lot harder to build up a 'safe' lead in playoff baseball than in a playoff hockey game.

Are you down 3-1 or 4-1 late in the third period in a playoff game? Good luck with that. Two or three first period goals is usually enough to let you coast the rest of the game.

That is what makes baseball so interesting for me. Even though it's 10-5, it's still a close game, even though it seems like a blowout. One swing of the bat, with two guys on base....boom, 10-8 and back in the game. All it takes is literally, one play...one pitch in baseball, and the whole outcome can change.

Take tonight for example. Jays look down and out...boom, Jose Bautista home run, tied up 3-3. Even though they looked pretty much done, it just took one pitch to bring the intensity of the game back up for a crazy finish and as we witnessed, it was just that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad