Confirmed with Link: Werenski Signs 6 year 9.5 Million AAV Extension

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Zach is no idiot. I'm going to choose to believe he saw how things were shaping up for him, which is why he canned Brisson. With Jones leaving, he saw he could not only cash in but he could build a pretty nice legacy as a homegrown CBJ pick who doesn't bail on the organization and instead leads his team out of the hole they got in.

Reactions: CBJx614 and I3LI3

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Zach is no idiot. I'm going to choose to believe he saw how things were shaping up for him, which is why he canned Brisson. With Jones leaving, he saw he could not only cash in but he could build a pretty nice legacy as a homegrown CBJ pick who doesn't bail on the organization and instead leads his team out of the hole they got in.
I’m no conspiracy theorist but I do think there is a connection to Zach changing agents and staying while Brisson had 2 clients bolt town.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
If you need a pick me up check out the "dream is dead" thread on the wings board

I dunno reading that thread... Some of them haven't given up....

And others are just, I don't know what to say when they write they have an amazing top 3....

But hey they got their jacket (Murray)

Reactions: Monk

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Absolutely grinning ear to ear. I don't care that it's a slight overpayment; he's worth the extra attention, and it's more than paid for by the howls of agony from those insufferable savior-seeking Wings fans who Just. Wouldn't. Shut. Up. :D

Won't* ;)

Reactions: Viqsi

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
It's an overpayment of 1-2m, but at least it's for actually great player. GMs (you too Jarmo) constantly overpay shit players the same amount.

The term takes him to 30 year old, so thats perfect lenght for a big money deal

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
I also don’t get the “that’s more than Makar!!!!!” hyenas.

maybe Makar should have hired a better agent.
Makar/Avs are in a different situation. They have a two year window with MacKinnon earning 6.3 mil.
They try to win now. (Okay, Sakic missed to sign 1-2 goalies).
So most likely Makar took a small discount, just like Heiskanen.
Both play in income tax friendly states, so there is no real difference compared to Werenski.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I’m no conspiracy theorist but I do think there is a connection to Zach changing agents and staying while Brisson had 2 clients bolt town.
Which kinda sucks beyond ZW staying. Should agents have this much sway? If so, why are they constantly steering away from Columbus?

just some things I think about

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Absolutely grinning ear to ear. I don't care that it's a slight overpayment; he's worth the extra attention, and it's more than paid for by the howls of agony from those insufferable savior-seeking Wings fans who Just. Wouldn't. Shut. Up. :D
upload_2021-7-30_1-37-23.gif

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Awesome news.

Cap hit doesn’t matter, having him locked up for 7 years is massive

SnygGo

Jul 6, 2006
Sundsvall, Sweden
Excellent news! Looking forward to see Zach outperform Jones in every head to head comparison in the coming years. Really believe the better player stayed in Columbus.

Reactions: LJ7201

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Which kinda sucks beyond ZW staying. Should agents have this much sway? If so, why are they constantly steering away from Columbus?

just some things I think about
The answer to all your questions is,“money”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad