Confirmed with Link: Werenski Signs 6 year 9.5 Million AAV Extension

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Z signs
Us: yes! It’s slightly high but we don’t mind we’re just glad he’s staying
The mains: this is the worst contract ever! You should be ashamed of yourselves!
Us: no, I mean yeah it’s a little more than we expected but honestly we’re totally good with it
The main: Worst! Contract! Ever! We hope you dieeeee!!!
Us: ok you need to chill
The mains: Dieeeeeee!!!!!1!!!1!
Us: …

CalBuckeyeRob

Feb 25, 2012
Columbus may have paid a small premium and I am all for it. Until you have real success to sell the cost for pending free agents will be higher. Just spend premium dollars to keep your legit players, not for interchangeable parts.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I had zero expectations for him to be staying here. It’s a lot but it’s ultimately a good thing for the team.

Sometimes you have to overpay to keep talent. Sometimes you take the Carolina and Hamilton route, sometimes you take this one.

Reactions: DJA

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I like what this does to "the narrative". I'm not convinced of Zach's performance, honestly, but I know he's still young. IMO this deal has the potential to hurt us but it's helping us right now and I'm not going to criticize it. Glad to have a premier player believe in this team.

Reactions: We Want Ten

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Congrats Cbus fans for getting him to sign long-term: no fans deserve this more!

Big contract, but he'll grow into it like Ekblad for Florida. Plus you're mainly buying UFA years which is big. If Canadian fans give you poop, remind that the Laffs are paying Matthews and Marner >10.9 for essentially their RFA years/

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Just came from the main boards....my brain hurts, and my eyes hate me now.
panda-at-work.gif

JacketLife

Aug 2, 2020
Everywhere I’ve looked where CBJ fans chat - HF, Facebook (the worst), and Twitter, everyone is so relieved and not even thinking about the money. Jarmo has managed to do something that stops the “debates” and unites most Jackets fans. :nod:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I knew all along that the deal would be done. I was just trolling with the Detroit stuff.

Too much pay but great term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad