Post-Game Talk: We're Horrible. Except for Nylander.... And Brown | Leafs fall to Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Was it just me or did Dion look really slow out there tonight? I hope that he's just conserving his energy. Nice hit though.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
The same players that were here for the choke and G.A.S culprits are still here. Thats wrong. In my book if you disappeared last year then move them out.

I remember Shanahan saying we will be a younger team??? Really! Going to be a nice lottery pick though ha. :D

Last edited:

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Based on ice time, it looks like Babcock sees Matthias, Bozak and Boyes as earning their spots thus far.

In the debate over Centers:

Bozak - 17:43 including 3:15 on the PP (even)
Kadri - 14:35 including 0:58 on the PP (-3)

Kadri had a better night on the face-offs (70%) vs 44%

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I wouldnt keep any of our young highly skilled guys with the leafs to start the season just because of how bad we will be. Id like to see most of them down on the marlies for atleast half the season but marner and brown are making a very solid case to stay up.

orbiter11

Sep 11, 2014
On the bright side, the Sabres may be be an encouraging example of how quickly a team can turn it around after a couple of years of sucking.

Mind you it's only pre-season, but it's night and day with them compared to last year.

Yep every thing Murray does makes total sense.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Based on ice time, it looks like Babcock sees Matthias, Bozak and Boyes as earning their spots thus far.

How in the world is everyone *****ing about Bozak then? Kadri seems to have had an awful game (I only caught the last period).

ceg195

Nov 6, 2012
A stand out for me tonight was Hunwick. He was confident with the puck and moves well out there.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012

Yeah kadri is head and shoulders better then bozak. I like bozak and all but if he as well as others who put up a lackluster effort last season do so again at the begining of this season they need to be shipped out.

Gramsci

Jul 31, 2003
Toronto
It's noteworthy that most of the carry overs from previous seasons looked like crap, while the best players were not around previous years.

It's going to take time for Babcock to get these guys to shake off the years of garbage coaching. Give it another 10-15 games before there's any semblance of decent hockey from this team.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

At least it's not 20 minutes like Carlyle was feeding this Bozak character.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
It's noteworthy that most of the carry overs from previous seasons looked like crap, while the best players were not around previous years.

It's going to take time for Babcock to get these guys to shake off the years of garbage coaching. Give it another 10-15 games before there's any semblance of decent hockey from this team.

I agree it will take some time to see what we have and who actually wants to commit to the system and play the game the right way with some effort and intensity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad