Post-Game Talk: We're Horrible. Except for Nylander.... And Brown | Leafs fall to Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I'm just clicking proceed to checkout with my Auston Matthews jersey.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
There's pain coming, fellow leaf fans... there's pain coming.

This roster is absolutely brutal.

hfdshdh

Unregistered Abuser
Jan 11, 2015
On the bright side, the Sabres may be be an encouraging example of how quickly a team can turn it around after a couple of years of sucking.

Mind you it's only pre-season, but it's night and day with them compared to last year.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Mike Babcock is probably thinking about his life choices as he watches Bozak casually skate off the ice...

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
It's preseason, I'm not saying were going to have a great season but basing expectations on preseason is silly.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Hard-Shell or Soft-Shell Tacos?

neither. burritos.

okay. Brown and Nylander were really really good.
but it's obvs because this team is not gonna be v. good, that they're going to go down.
Too bad we can't seen Morgan and Jake down, then we could just watch the Marlies.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Yeah this season is going to be terrible but there are bright spots. As long as there is a hard working team batteling during the regular season I dont mind watching but if we get some disinterested floaters again this season they have to be moved asap.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
look at the bright side. Once the season starts. Actual good players like Nylander and Brown probably won't be here, so the losses will be worse than this :laugh:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Nylander, Brown, Matthias and Hunwick had good games. Rielly had a couple blunders but made up for it with some good plays.

The rest were pretty bad tonight. Bozak and JVR were completely awful.

Grabner was also playing tonight. I swear he was.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Nylander looks fantastic and Brown is quite smart out there. Rielly is explosive but he's picked up some bad habits as a Leaf, he seems to get drawn out of position a lot. Gardiner needs to just tighten up everything. He's uber skilled and that much is obvious but none of his movements, decisions seem to be very deliberate.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Gonna be depressing when Nylander gets cut and Bozak gets his usual 1C spot beside JVR.

Why not see what Nylander can do beside JVR, and not I DUNNO, RICHARD CLUNE

I'm not sure NOTRICHARDCLUNE is tough enough though.

Abysmal game. I thought we'd turn into one of those hard-to-beat teams like the Devils were last season, but that's a long way down the road it seems. Babster got his work cut out for him.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
At least we'll probably suck all year this season, instead of the usual success resulting in some hope, followed by a painful collapse

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I like the Sabres. Solid young players. They're going places. Might cheer for them as a distraction to how horrible the Leafs are this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad