Post-Game Talk: We're going to game 7! 2-1 Leafs win! Phaneuf and Kessel score!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Bring on Game 7!!!

gooooal.gif

chuck-norris-approved-o.gif

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Obviously I'd prefer a win tomorrow, but whatever happens, it's a serious accomplishment to go from drafting 5th overall to taking the Boston Bruins to 7 games.

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
James.....freakin'......Reimer!

I love this guy.

Phil Kessel with the game winner and Dion redeeming himself. Awesome stuff.

BTW zeke, I'm beginning to sway to your side of wanting Gardiner-Franson as our #2 pairing next season. What a game from them. I said we needed another d-man to play big minutes and Jake's been the man for that. What a bounce back for him. He's becoming something special.

And for all the criticism I've had for O'Byrne, he had a very good night as a solid bottom pairing guy. ROB seems to play a lot better with Liles as his partner.

I thought Joey Colborne had a great 1st game in the NHL playoffs and Frattin, while having trouble scoring, has been great.

I'm so happy the Leafs are going to game 7. Win or lose tomorrow, I'm both proud of what this team has accomplished and am excited for the future.

Go Leafs Go! Take the Bruins home and make 'em stay there!

Domrie

go crazy [PS4]
Jun 18, 2012
Patiently waiting for the Kessel taking down Chara gif. :) I'm sure many others would appreciate too.

Morlu

Nov 4, 2011
Bruins are staying at Westin Harbour Castle If anyone has any really loud horns :P

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Patiently waiting for the Kessel taking down Chara gif. :) I'm sure many others would appreciate too.

The best part of the game was when he went into the corner to take on Chara, threw a hit that didn't really bother Chara, and continued to fight for the puck. Then Chara kind of brushed him away afterwards.

The fact that he went in, against Chara, and then didn't get out right away was really cool to see.

And the "hit" where he took Chara down. Really awesome to watch from Phil tonight.

Apr 11, 2010
Toronto
The best part of the game was when he went into the corner to take on Chara, threw a hit that didn't really bother Chara, and continued to fight for the puck. Then Chara kind of brushed him away afterwards.

The fact that he went in, against Chara, and then didn't get out right away was really cool to see.

And the "hit" where he took Chara down. Really awesome to watch from Phil tonight.

Exactly. This series just showed me that Kessel has completely overcome that "fear factor" he seemed to have from the Bruins. Not only is he producing, he's fighting back. That's what I expect from the star and face of this team and I'm absolutely LOVING it. GO PHIL. GO LEAFS GO. :yo:

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
This entire series, minus the last game (5), Scott Oake has interviewed solely Boston players during the intermissions.

Today, immediately after the game, Don Cherry was explaining, just as he did last game, the fact that Phaneuf's pinch in game 4 was a product of him playing aggressively. He was justifying that pinch with tonight's aggressive play that directly led to the first goal of the game.

Snap out to Scott Oake who is interviewing Phaneuf - "Don Cherry was just discussing the pinch you made after game 4 and blah blah blah...."

So Phaneuf takes it as, "they were still harping on me over that? Well then: ....I've already spoken enough about that, I felt terrible after the game, I spoke with the guys, I spoke the next day about it..."

Snap back to Cherry who is livid and practically throwing things around the studio: "That's not what we were talking about, he's going to think I was putting him down despite his play tonight...."

I think Cherry would have beat Oake to a bloody pulp tonight.

SnazzyNazzy

Oct 20, 2012
Waterloo
I would LOVE a gif of when Kadri was tugging on Chara's sweater and Chara smacked kadri's hand away hahaha

GO LEAFS GOOOOOOO!!!!! PROUD TIME TO BE A LEAFS FAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad