Post-Game Talk: We're going to game 7! 2-1 Leafs win! Phaneuf and Kessel score!

Status
Not open for further replies.

legendinblue

NHL in Seattle
Apr 30, 2011
Seattle/Europe
Our defense was pretty good for the most part, it was their best game.

I almost freaked out when Grabo missed the open net, jesus. :laugh:

The B's always find ways to score late in the third.

Kadri was much, much better. :handclap: Reimer stellar as per usual.

tacoburrito

Dec 1, 2009
www.cybernations.net
Our defense was pretty good for the most part, it was their best game.

I almost freaked out when Grabo missed the open net, jesus. :laugh:

The B's always find ways to score late in the third.

Kadri was much, much better. :handclap: Reimer stellar as per usual.
every game we're winning they have managed to hem us in for the final 3 or so minutes

legendinblue

NHL in Seattle
Apr 30, 2011
Seattle/Europe
Also, I'm puzzled as to how we manage to win the games. What about our Fenwick?!?! LOL

On a serious note, how much is our Fenwick/Corsi improved compared to the regular season?

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
On Grabo play. You guys are too hard on him. You see the result, but not looking further. There was no way defender will allow Grabo to cross red line and dump it in. So Grabo would be either rushed and dumped it for icing anyway, or even worse - caught pack at red line or few meters deeper, but with chance of quick turnover and attack the other way. Not bad attempt to end it there.
I also take it that he did not score in like 17 games and if he only could buy a goal, even EN, that would have been great for him in a long run (and we very well could have one ahead of us).
Cut the guy some slack. He was nothing short of phenomenal for us in this series.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
NIKOLAI KULEMIN IS A ****ING BEAST YOU ARE A ****ING HERO WITH THAT FINAL SHOT BLOCK AND THERE'S NO WAY THAT PLAY SHOULD GO UNNOTICED thank you

This ^^^^^. And so many wanted Kulemin traded to Pittsburgh. You win in PO with guys like him. Thank you, Kulemin, indeed!!! :handclap:

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
On Grabo play. You guys are too hard on him. You see the result, but not looking further. There was no way defender will allow Grabo to cross red line and dump it in. So Grabo would be either rushed and dumped it for icing anyway, or even worse - caught pack at red line or few meters deeper, but with chance of quick turnover and attack the other way. Not bad attempt to end it there.
I also take it that he did not score in like 17 games and if he only could buy a goal, even EN, that would have been great for him in a long run (and we very well could have one ahead of us).
Cut the guy some slack. He was nothing short of phenomenal for us in this series.

It was the WRONG play, idn why people keep trying to defend him, if it was kostco or some1 no1 would have a problem with blaming him. I watched the replay 3 times on my tv, he has BEYOND ample time to cross the red line and dump it in, it was a dumb selfish play that needs to stop. He was 2 strides from the red line, if you are telling me that he cant make 2 strides and chip it off the boards before the time it takes for the d to hit him and cause a turnover, it would just be inaccurate. It was a dumb selfish play that had the potential to lose us the series, you cant say that it wasnt a big deal after the fact that we won the game, it caused a goal directly and cannot be tolerated.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
It was the WRONG play, idn why people keep trying to defend him, if it was kostco or some1 no1 would have a problem with blaming him. I watched the replay 3 times on my tv, he has BEYOND ample time to cross the red line and dump it in, it was a dumb selfish play that needs to stop. He was 2 strides from the red line, if you are telling me that he cant make 2 strides and chip it off the boards before the time it takes for the d to hit him and cause a turnover, it would just be inaccurate. It was a dumb selfish play that had the potential to lose us the series, you cant say that it wasnt a big deal after the fact that we won the game, it caused a goal directly and cannot be tolerated.

Yup, he could've gotten to the red line no problem. Would have been hit in doing so, but that's what you have to do in the dying minutes.

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
bbt_celebration-gif.gif

leafspyinottawa

Jun 10, 2010
not sure if this has been posted or not, but the Bruins were not able to fly to Boston tonight and are staying at the Westin Harbourfront....

do what you will with that information....

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
not sure if this has been posted or not, but the Bruins were not able to fly to Boston tonight and are staying at the Westin Harbourfront....

Yeah it was posted as soon as the info came out shortly after the game.

Love your nickname btw. :D

Conn Smythe

May 13, 2013
Toronto

It maybe a Boston Gm tactic to get his team to treat game 7 like a road game. Boston will probably fly in for game 7 at noon.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

Simmer down, he probably thwarted a dozen or more B plays on his own last night. They probably would have scored regardless the way they were coming on anyways at that point too.

The other night Bozak iced it at the end, no goal was scored but it could have been just as easily. It's hockey closing out a team is the hardest thing you can do even on game by game basis (unless blowout)

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Simmer down, he probably thwarted a dozen or more B plays on his own last night. They probably would have scored regardless the way they were coming on anyways at that point too.

The other night Bozak iced it at the end, no goal was scored but it could have been just as easily. It's hockey closing out a team is the hardest thing you can do even on game by game basis (unless blowout)

The fear in Bozie's eyes as Chara came at him, dumping it over the glass and taking a penalty. Then coming out of the box to get schooled on 2 HUGE faceoffs in our end in the last minute.

So Happy Colborne is in. He worked hard last night, and we had great effort from all 4 centers for once.

Last edited:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
The fear in Bozie's eyes as Chara cam at him, dumping it over the gass and taking a penalty. Then coming out of the box to get schooled on 2 HUGE faceoffs in our end in the last minute.

So Happy Colborne is in. He worked hard last night, and we had great effort from all 4 centers for once.

I am not a Bozak fan, he is always weak against larger teams. Last year there was a good shot of him apologizing to the bruins against the boards one game after a hit. He serves a purpose winning face offs but outside that he gets the odd goal and has huge gaffs in his play routinely which leaf fans mysteriously do not notice. Friend of Phil or not he is not a 1c never will be on a good team, Kadri Grabo Mc Col already looks more able overall.

I won't steal credit from him last game where he scored the SHG. The rest of that night he was struggling.

CBinTokyo

Jan 15, 2013
Tokyo
Also the man that deserves the praise of us leaf fans is BRIAN BURKE..... much like his firing in Vancouver he wont be in the limelight when his players succeed.

Many of the players HE brought in have been difference makers this season and thusfar in the playoffs

Agreed (But I was waiting till we hit the finals before saying it :) )

Cpt Maple Leaf

Jul 19, 2009
I don't agree with 99% of what the other guy says about Grabs, but it wasn't a good play and winning doesn't change it. He played a great game until that play and don't pretend if they score 2 and we lose in OT you make that post.

good lord let it go man....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad