Post-Game Talk: We're going to game 7! 2-1 Leafs win! Phaneuf and Kessel score!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Gardiner's ability to eat up so many minutes without getting tired really helps take the pressure off Phaneuf who has to play the hardest minutes. It's a good trade off. We all know how Phaneuf plays when he's gassed.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I'm quoting my sexy self:
This is awesome! Great work yet again daisy!

Btw....to some specific readers/posters who were killing on kessel. Ahem:
Can't play under carlyle system and score? 20 goals and PPG+. Won't show up against his former team and fold in playoffs? 3 goals 1 assists, 2 GWG.

Dion's Captaincy questioned? @mirtle
JVR: "We know what Dion brings in this room. We love having him on our team. He’s a huge part of our team, a great leader, a great player."

Accountability also from the cap'n: Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 24m
Phaneuf says he 'owed' teammates that goal after Game 4 blunder

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Gardiner's ability to eat up so many minutes without getting tired really helps take the pressure off Phaneuf who has to play the hardest minutes. It's a good trade off. We all know how Phaneuf plays when he's gassed.

It's a good start but we need to see how he's able to handle it in a full season as well. Remember eventually it takes a toll, but I'm loving to so far, he's been amazing this series.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
And the two goals were scored by guys that they acquired in big trades. They're all Leafs and that's what's important.

This nonsense of overemphasizing homegrown players reminds me all too much of anti-immigrant prejudice.

You're really looking for something to complain about, eh? It's nice to have homegrown talent that shows your minor league system is strong (and in Toronto's case, it is.) It's also nice to have important pieces acquired through trades perform. There's no need to bring discrimination and prejudice into this.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
tumblr_mlc084IvcG1r41emlo1_500.gif

<3

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
O'Byrne was also really solid tonight. I've accused the guy of being a pylon in the past but tonight he was strong, smart, and dependable.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
It's a good start but we need to see how he's able to handle it in a full season as well. Remember eventually it takes a toll, but I'm loving to so far, he's been amazing this series.

True. Which is probably why we need one more reliable top 4 (preferably top 2) guy who can play in all situations. Gardiner's effortless skating stride helps him a great deal though, just like it helped guys like Letang, Niedermayer, Keith, etc.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
It was a mistake (Big F up... I'm not saying it wasn't), but we have still won so we should move on. I'm sure he get his good share from RC. RC will use this as a message to team to pay attention to every detail.. and this kind of mistakes can cost us a game... He hasn't scored in 15 game or something like this... If he scored we wouldn't have this conversation... Please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a rule of thumb in hockey you don't try to score if you have one goal lead, but you do with more than one?

GO LEAFS GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the fact that we won doesn't mean anything, the correct play was to cross the red line and dump it in, he made a terrible play and needs to be accountable for it, there is no "hes been playing great, forget about the bad" there are no passes. There is nothing else to say really.

HockeyNymphomaniac*

It's true! Boston is a better team! Life's not fair, so the Leafs can pull this off :)

Go back to your board bruins fan... don't worry you'll have a lot more to complain about tomorrow :p:

bonjovi0308

Jan 26, 2003
Toronto
Visit site

And Carlye will tell you putting Gardiner in the dog house during the regular season is all part of a master plan for saving up Gardiner's energy

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
You can tell us how much better the bruins are then the leafs after you win :sarcasm:

This series would have been over if the Leafs weren't nervous for the 1st playoff game after 9 years, and again for the 1st home playoff game after 9 years, both of which resulted in losses.

ungentrified

Jan 18, 2013
Being downtown at the Moose tonight was well worth it, the horns were echoing up and down Yonge Street for a good hour afterwards.

Ray Shero*

I have you guys as favourites in game 7. I'd really love to see you guys knock the Bears out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad