Pre-Game Talk: We're doing lines for Pens at Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
In a limited view, I thought Bennett looked better with both Malkin and Sutter than he's looked with Crosby. Part of that is comfort level and getting used to things, but I also think Crosby plays with speed which may make for a longer period of adjustment. (I haven't really seen a lot of Bennett outside his NHL games. Has he played with very fast players previously?)

I also think that puts a lot of playmaking (read: passing) on that line possibly to its detriment. Both Crosby and Bennett pass a lot; Malkin at least carries the puck more.

Perron-Crosby-Bennett
Comeau/Kunitz-Malkin-Hornqvist
Comeau/Kunitz-Sutter-Downie
Spaling-Goc-Adams

I still like something like:

Perron-Crosby-Hornqvist
Comeau/Kunitz-Malkin-Bennett
Comeau/Kunitz-Sutter-Downie
Spaling-Goc-Adams

the best on paper at least.

EDIT:

I'd be pleasantly surprised if Rutherford makes a move bigger than bringing in a mid-6 winger rental (Glencross, Frolik, Tlusty, Stafford). I just don't think there are any feasible options for a legit top 6 winger trade.

I'm also really curious as to what a Perron-Crosby-Bennett line could do. Though my gut is telling me our safest bet when healthy is:

Kunitz-Crosby-Perron
Comeau-Malkin-Hornqvist
Spals/Downie-Sutter-BB

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Spaling-Malkin-Bennett looks somewhat questionable on paper but it was by far our best line the other night so you have to keep them together for now.

Not sure what the point of keeping Pouliot up is if he isn't going to play.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
my ideal lines are

perron-crosby-hornqvist
comeau-malkin-bennett
kunitz-sutter-downie
spaling-goc-rust

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
my ideal lines are

perron-crosby-hornqvist
comeau-malkin-bennett
kunitz-sutter-downie
spaling-goc-rust

Yes.

And if someone needs a kick in their ass because they are slacking, there are some options to switch wings.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Yes.

And if someone needs a kick in their ass because they are slacking, there are some options to switch wings.

all wings other than perron and hornqvist are pretty interchangeable if one person is hot and another is cold

then add jagr or tlusty to that lineup

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Spaling-Malkin-Bennett looks somewhat questionable on paper but it was by far our best line the other night so you have to keep them together for now.

Not sure what the point of keeping Pouliot up is if he isn't going to play.

$$$

I want Bennett on Sid's line to get Sid's creative juices flowing. I don't think they're suited for one another but I think Sid has forgotten a lot of the things that made him successful in the past and Bennett could bring them back to life.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

1. I read this title and figured you'd be sharing some, well, rimes with 'you know'. Very misleading thread title. :rant:

2. I wonder if Sid and Geno drew straws for tonight's LW and who actually won. :naughty:

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
$$$

I want Bennett on Sid's line to get Sid's creative juices flowing. I don't think they're suited for one another but I think Sid has forgotten a lot of the things that made him successful in the past and Bennett could bring them back to life.

I don't think Crosby's creative juices are the problem. Simplicity and consistency in his linemates is what he needs.

The treatment of Bennett and Despres on this board is weird sometimes.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I don't think Crosby's creative juices are the problem. Simplicity and consistency in his linemates is what he needs.

The treatment of Bennett and Despres on this board is weird sometimes.

1. The only thing simple about playing with Kunitz is his linemates simply have to do all the heavy lifting for him.

2. I can only assume that you didn't watch the unique ways in which Bennett helped Malkin against Boston, because it's the only reason I can fathom why one would be opposed to someone else saying they'd love to see Bennett with Sid.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
In a perfect world you'd like to see 14 demoted to the bottom 6 until he proves he still has the desire to play for more than 2 periods in a row. Low effort shouldn't be rewarded.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
um it seems like people aren't aware that KCB didn't immediately light the world on fire in their 4 half game auditions so it's never worth another look

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
I think Perron will be fine with Crosby after a while. Hossa & Neal both took time to fit in. It's not as easy as people think to switch teams in a week.

Rocket of Russia

Needs more Tang
Mar 8, 2012
USA
um it seems like people aren't aware that KCB didn't immediately light the world on fire in their 4 half game auditions so it's never worth another look

I mostly remember Kunitz and Crosby playing keep away from Bennett, and I'm not even exaggerating. I remember several posters saying it was so apparent, it was as if both Kunitz and Crosby were making a statement about their boy Dupuis being demoted.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
I mostly remember Kunitz and Crosby playing keep away from Bennett, and I'm not even exaggerating. I remember several posters saying it was so apparent, it was as if both Kunitz and Crosby were making a statement about their boy Dupuis being demoted.

that's exactly what was going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad