Pre-Game Talk: We're doing lines for Pens at Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
Provided Kunitz has some renewed vigor, Kunitz-Crosby-Perron isn't a bad line. It also gives more options for Malkin (Hornqvist, Bennett, Comeau, Downie) and for the third line (Bennett, Comeau, Downie, Spaling).

Kunitz-Crosby-Perron
Comeau-Malkin-Hornqvist
Spaling-Sutter-Bennett
Adams-Goc-Downie

Downie deserves better, but Bennett should be on the RW. Does Downie play LW at all? At least, it gives all four lines a playmaker.

I'd also be interested in Kunitz-Malkin-Bennett for a few games. Kunitz-Sutter-Downie would be interesting for a few games when Hornqvist and Comeau are back too.

Finding out how to optimize and motivate Kunitz is a good thing.

Also, I dislike Scuderi-Despres as a pairing but I hate Scuderi-Bortuzzo even more. It would be nice to see Despres-Bortuzzo - two physical d-men both on their more comfortable sides with Despres as he primary puck carry but with both willing to shoot.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Longing for Horny to be back... Spaling in the top six isn't my cup of tea

normally I'd agree, but I thought he was quite good with Malkin and Bennett against Boston. I'm all for sticking with something that worked until it doesn't.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
normally I'd agree, but I thought he was quite good with Malkin and Bennett against Boston. I'm all for sticking with something that worked until it doesn't.

Yeah, that was his best game so far. Let's see if he can repeat it.

strandvag

Feb 14, 2014
Stockholm/San Diego

Must admit that I missed the game vs Boston, so I hope it works out well. I really need to see this team play better than the last matchup against Montreal.

LionelHutz*

"Did some say "Doing lines?".

images

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Good move imo.
Perron-Sid-Downie wasn't dangerous at all on Wednesday.
Kunitz-Sid-Perron may be better. Like the experimentation.

BobCole

May 21, 2014
Why does everybody here lose their minds every time MJ switches up the lines in practice?

His practice lines have rarely mirrored his in-game lineups, and unlike DB, he's also been known to switch things up during games if he likes/dislikes what he sees.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
I like the look of these lines. Kunitz-Crosby-Perron is gritty enough and creative enough at the same time to potentially be a good playoff line. If Kunitz plays half-decent, that is.

If that top line works, that would leave us a sick line of BB-Malkin-Hornqvist for line 2 as soon as Horny gets back. We could very well be set up front. That said, I'd want another top 6 acquisition because I'm still not sure if Beau can stay healthy.

I thought he could play either wing. Why yuck?

He is just as good at RW as on the left, no reason to complain about that top line.

Longing for Horny to be back... Spaling in the top six isn't my cup of tea

The sooner Spaling is in the bottom 6, where he belongs, the better. We just don't have the options to replace him right now, aside from Downie perhaps.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

I like it.

Not these lines, per se, but that Johnston's tinkering. Now's the time of the year to do it.

I also like that Tocchet's killing penalties in practice. I'd probably be okay with him suiting up and doing that in a game, if that meant 27 had been conscripted into the next Biodome project.

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
Yeah, that was his best game so far. Let's see if he can repeat it.
Well, Spaling is a solid support player. Both Malkin and Bennett like to carry and hold the puck. It makes sense that Spaling would take it upon himself to shoot the puck once it's on his stick or find ways to send the biscuit to both Malkin and Bennett.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad