GDT: We're Back! Boston Bruins vs. NY Rangers Part II ‎

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Hope next time they play someone beats Boyle

hate him soooooooooo much

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
By the way kiddies, this is going to be like original 6 days in that we' ll see each other a lot.
:D

...Some bad blood after tonight ! Next Wed will be interesting.

Looch was yapping at Rupp...Not sure why he was the only one tossed.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

pout.gif

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Good solid win. Overall played pretty well.

In a side note, I'm mad at anyone who was in the area and didn't come say hi to me at the Fours tonight.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Defense stepped up ( Chara was on something )

Chara was all over Nash tonight. Even when Chara doesn't give a full on hit, it still has to hurt when he makes contact. Dude is big and powerful.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Chara is probably one of the few hockey players that can make Rupp look small.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I have no voice that's how awesome tonight was :)

Adam McQuaid looked absolutely putrid tonight. He needs to sit nd get healthy.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Adam McQuaid looked absolutely putrid tonight. He needs to sit nd get healthy.

I am not sure it is lack of health or lack of conditioning or both, but he has played much better. I don't think he is 100% yet. I wonder if they will dress him on Monday or keep him in the line-up.

But I have to say Boychuk had a really good game-he made some great plays and great decisions on the 5 on 3 and he scored.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Oh snap, I forgot about that. I was totally part of the 3.75%. What do I win??

Hahah same. Though what prize do you get if you sort of guess how the goal would be scored? because I said in that thread

I say Looch. Krejci dangles, passes to Horton, he shoots at the net, there's a rebound and Lucic nets it in.

and I was sort of close lol

Hey all, Sens fan here. Just wondering how Hamilton looked? Huge fan of his.

Draco Malfoy looked really comfortable. Very smart passes, he looked like he belonged. He also was more physical than we're used to seeing him. Had a few nice hits. Overall I was thoroughly impressed. Looked more like himself from Niagara, than what he looked like in this years WJC.

ebis

Dec 10, 2012
Czech Republic
Chara was all over Nash tonight. Even when Chara doesn't give a full on hit, it still has to hurt when he makes contact. Dude is big and powerful.

Last November, Chara probably ended the career of Miro Å atan with a hit in their KHL match. It was unintentional (actually, Miro is probably to blame) and clean hit but it still lodged Å atan's intervertebral disc 4,5mm into his spinal cord.

member 96824

blast from the past:

This was probably my least favorite game as a Bruin fan. I would say I actually hated this game more than I hated the 3-0 3-0 game 7 against Philly. This game infuriated me afterwards.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
all i was looking to see from the Bruins is if they looked like the 2011 Bruins or the 2012 Bruins. Tonight they looked to me like they were hungrier than they were at any point in 2012. If they stay healthy they will be a VERY tough team to beat.

by the way, is this what it felt like to be a Red Wings fan for the last 15 or so years? Depth at every position, solid team game, hockey sense top to bottom, and a non-stop flow of talent through the prospect pipeline. It really feels like the Bruins are the new Red Wings.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
A very well played game by the Bruins. They were in control in all 3 zones and the Rags didn't a lot of good scoring chances. Didn't notice Hamilton which is very positive. The young guy was calm and he kept his game simple. Really like the fact that Thornton and Soupy rise the occasion when Tortorella tried an old school trick to re-energize his team... The Bruins played like they were in mid-season form...

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Check the Dougie topic

I wouldn`t, rather than it be an intelligent conversation about his game last night offering fans who didn`t see the game insight on how he played, the thread has turned into a little scraparoo about how Mngt rates their depth chart.

Just finished watching the game on DVR, about what I expected, some clear rust from both teams. Hamilton looked pretty darn good, didn`t do anything spectacular, nor did he do anything to hurt the club and also got himself a little PP time which was nice to see.

Nice solid first game

Last edited:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Definitely one of the better games with the Rangers in the last few years. Typically it's a 1-0 chess match with 30 total shots, and 300 blocks. Bruins offense was flying for the majority of the evening.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Definitely one of the better games with the Rangers in the last few years. Typically it's a 1-0 chess match with 30 total shots, and 300 blocks. Bruins offense was flying for the majority of the evening.

Was thinking the same thing too Chuck while watching the game this morning, really anticipated I would be fast forwarding through terribly long chunks of boredom

I think the long layoff and rust played a role, guys not locked in quite yet. Real nice game from our boys, fun way to begin my Sunday........in lieu of me having about 5-6 hours of studying ahead of me:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad