GDT: We're Back! Boston Bruins vs. NY Rangers Part II ‎

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
I agree whole-heartedly. Dharma-bumming around down here in Mexico I wasn´t able to see any of DOUG (seriously, you can´t call a man DougIE his whole life, can you?) really before tonight and I like what I see. He did a lot of things that would have pleased me if he´d been a seasoned NHL´er acquired from another team. Having guys like Z and Johnny B. and Seidenblitz around to teach him a thing or two won´t hurt at all. Who knows, maybe he´ll even pick up some of that Ference ´stay away from my team-mate!´ stuff.

Great game. You´re all wrong about why we won, though....it was me and my hoodoo, getting the students to shout ¨LET´S GO BRUINS!¨ roundabouts 3 hours before game-time. Yes. It was all thanks to me.

That's what I thought. Then I read that Dougie is actually his real name. :amazed:

He is listed as Dougie on the Bruins roster.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Warsofsky must have taken the demotion pretty bad:sarcasm: first star today (Spooner second)

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Still it would have been nice for them to get a PP goal to boost their confidence. King Henrik did a great job making sure that didn't happen. If it wasn't for him in net, the score could have easily been 5-1.

I would point out that Lundqvist kept this game close-but also Krejci while he didn't get the goal, probably did score a goal on the PP. Just the way the rules worked out, but that puck was in the glove and the glove was over the line so while the PP is technically still a big goose egg, there was a good set up and a goal sort of scored.

I still think the team struggles to get in the zone and hopefully they won't be prone to settling into old habits (stationary, slow passes and over reliance on Chara for shots from the point).

Also, I think you know the Bruins had a good night when the forwards getting nitpicked are Seguin and Bergeron. Because neither of them had a bad game, its just other players had better games (our 4th line was skating circles around the Ranger's 4th line and I think Paille was melting the ice with the speed production last night-guy can fly).

Honestly, I don't think anyone failed to show up, and nobody was slacking or giving minimal effort. Some players didn't have their best games, but nobody really laid a pile on the ice either. I just hope the team keeps up this hunger and plays like this the rest of the season.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
That's what I thought. Then I read that Dougie is actually his real name. :amazed:

He is listed as Dougie on the Bruins roster.

His dad's name is Douglas, so it's natural his parents would call him Dougie.

I don't think anyone calls Gordie Howe "Gordon" or Bobby Orr "Robert," or even "Bob," do they? :)

Just out of curiousity, I looked around a bit after he was drafted and every reference I found to Dougie he was indeed listed as Dougie. It's possible that "Douglas" is on his birth certificate but he's probably never used it.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

I don't think anyone calls Gordie Howe "Gordon" or Bobby Orr "Robert," or even "Bob," do they? :)

Just out of curiousity, I looked around a bit after he was drafted and every reference I found to Dougie he was indeed listed as Dougie. It's possible that "Douglas" is on his birth certificate but he's probably never used it.

I guarantee Peggy has called him Robert at least a few times.

It's a law almost.

:laugh:

westernhome

Sep 21, 2011
just curious if the last goal stayed as credited to Boychuk, because watching it again and again it sure looks like it dips across Bergeron's stick blade in front of the net

?

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Anybody notice Rask being more active in playing the puck last night? It looks like it's something he's been working on improving. I like it.

TJF

Feb 27, 2002
London, ON
Visit site

Than how do you explain his older brother being named Freddie, is his mother named Fred?

I don't know what is written on their both certificates but both the Hamilton boys have an ie at the end of their first names.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Than how do you explain his older brother being named Freddie, is his mother named Fred?

I don't know what is written on their both certificates but both the Hamilton boys have an ie at the end of their first names.

Perhaps, his grandfather, I don't know. I do know several people who have "juniors" or kids with the same first name as dad (technically you're only a junior if you have the same full name - Dougie could have a different middle name from his dad), and they usually find a way to make it different and hence avoid confusion at home - John and Johnny, or John John, or Little John, or whatever. Maybe they just call Dougie's brother Freddie because they like the way it sounds. Maybe they just got used to calling him that when he was a baby and never stopped. Did you know that Tug McGraw got his nickname from his mom because he was an enthusiastic breast-feeder? :laugh: Does anyone know what his real name was?

I don't get people being up in arms over Dougie's name. Every other hockey player in North America answers to something with an ie or a y on the end. Dougie just arrived that way.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I don't get people being up in arms over Dougie's name. Every other hockey player in North America answers to something with an ie or a y on the end. Dougie just arrived that way.

If you can't complain about his play and you can't ***** about how Julien deploys him, you gotta find SOMETHING to get your panties in a twist about.

GForce128

Feb 14, 2012
Colchester, VT
Anybody notice Rask being more active in playing the puck last night? It looks like it's something he's been working on improving. I like it.

I noticed that he was playing the puck a lot better than I remembered. One of the few things that Thomas didn't do well. I'm used to cringing when the goaltender plays the puck.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
I thought it would be worth noting that on the night the B's were playing their home opener, there were pretty strong AHL crowds in Portland, Manchester, Worcester and Springfield, along with the Hockey East turnouts in Orono, Durham, and Boston(Agganis and Matthews). Pretty good considering all the lockout strife we've endured. I was the BU-Lowell game and went straight to T's Pub just in time for Johnny Boychuk's goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->