GDT: We're Back! Boston Bruins vs. NY Rangers Part II ‎

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Seguin also had a great takeaway which led to said breakaway that was very Bergeron-esque. I just can't agree with those saying he was invisible or bad. I mean.. he's not going to get on the score sheet every game as much as we'd like that

Marchand wasn't too bad I thought. He has a habit of trying to do a little too much with the puck instead of making the safe play (either dumping it or dropping it back to a D).. he also tends to try and force passes to his line mates when they are completely and totally covered.. and while Bergeron and Seguin are talented guys, it's hard to receive a pass when guys are draped all over them :laugh:

Good pts, we`ve all seen much worse from this team in real "mid season" than we did last night. Sloppy and rusty in spots but not as much as I had anticipated, really entertaining game between two teams who rarely provide much of that when they have met in recent years

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I agree this team seemed to be playing with a hunger that wasn't particularly present at all last season. This team didn't seem to be phoning it in on any line.

Hamilton looked pretty darn good, didn`t do anything spectacular, nor did he do anything to hurt the club and also got himself a little PP time which was nice to see.

I think that bolded part is the key. Although he did actually make some good defensive choices, what he really succeeded at was he didn't make any huge errors that hurt the team. I think he is playing on the conservative side, and frankly that is okay. I think pairing him with Seids is going to be good for him.

Overall I thought the defense looked really good-other than McQuaid (he still doesn't seem to be 100% just not sure if it is lack of conditioning or not 100% recovered from the surgery).

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
One thing I thought was interesting was that while the b's did play great, bergy and kels lines were relatively invisible

Can't imagine what this team will look like completely firing on all cylinders

Bergy did win many faceoffs. I don't know what the % was but looked good to me.

That line will be fine.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
So happy my guys Daniel Paille & Johnny Boychuk each got a goal last night. :yo:

Am checking the original GDT to see the reaction when #20 scored, I'm sure everyone was shocked :laugh::laugh:

Danny works so hard. I was thrilled to see him score. B's have the best 4th line in the NHL :yo: STH near me like Paille .

Before the game I said the new Daddy and Birthday boy would score.:handclap:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Shots on goal were definitely lopsided in the B's favor, 21-34. Rask saw a third fewer shots than Lundqvist. Team defense was ON last night.

And most of those 21 shots weren't super great scoring chances. Rask made the saves he had to and got really good looks-Rask did his job but any goalie will tell you that good team defense makes their job much easier and the Bruins did that.

personally i think boychuk was the main reason nash was shut down... every time he had the puck boychuck layed a hit on him... loved it...

I think Johnny B had a really good game. His decision making was on and he played great in the 5 on 3 PK-he made a couple of huge clears.

Bergy did win many faceoffs. I don't know what the % was but looked good to me.

I think he was close to 70%. He is a master at face offs. He wasn't awful but I think he still has a few cobwebs to shake off.

As for Paille I still think he deserved star last night. He played 110% the whole night and I think his skating and game are a perfect fit for the merlot line. Sure he was a first round draft pick-so may be viewed by some as a bust, but he contributes with his skill set in a way that allows him to shine on the 4th line.

Last edited:

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
I loved the Bruins compete level throughout the whole game. When they play with that type of hustle they are hard to beat. I was so happy when Boychuck got the 3rd goal to make it 3-1 lol.. I think all 4 lines were on point. And the PP, tho it was 0-7 I think it had some good chances and well we shall see.

Oh, Tuukka Rask looked pretty darn good. Before the game started my only concern was our Goalie Tuukka. Well I am not concerned any longer.

I have good tickets for Wednesday's game here at the Garden so it should be fun.

GO Bruins!! :yo::yo:

Last edited:

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
Thank You Daniel Paille!

For having an awesome home opener against NYR and not floating around.

Really liked the chemistry of Paille - Kelly - Peverley!

Not really sure why Paille wasn't one of the 3 stars?

Oh well - keep it up - nothing like a 4th liner scoring and dominating when on the ice.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Sure it's been written many times (very late to posting), so forgive, but I have a very good feeling about Chris Bourque & Dougie Hamilton per the power play. I like the "overloading" bit too (sic -- top heavy with offensive skill, less D).

I think they're going to finally solve the pp this year, though perhaps not in spectacular fashion.

One game, but overall, the Bruins played *their* game, and I'm encouraged.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
The puck movement on the power play looked great. It's definitely a different look than what we're used to seeing.

Still it would have been nice for them to get a PP goal to boost their confidence. King Henrik did a great job making sure that didn't happen. If it wasn't for him in net, the score could have easily been 5-1.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
He was hustling, and made some nice plays, but he's capable of much better. I'm one of the least alarmist people around here and too think he'll be better than fine - doesn't change the fact he was one of the weaker forwards last night. It is what it is.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
So glad we will get to see Krejci's defensive side this year. He isn't as good as Bergeron but if he can stay consistent and improve his fo% he could end up in the Selke race too.

Just a great W overall.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
He was hustling, and made some nice plays, but he's capable of much better. I'm one of the least alarmist people around here and too think he'll be better than fine - doesn't change the fact he was one of the weaker forwards last night. It is what it is.

You do realize he had Staal draped all over him for most of the game right?

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
For having an awesome home opener against NYR and not floating around.

Really liked the chemistry of Paille - Kelly - Peverley!

Not really sure why Paille wasn't one of the 3 stars?

Oh well - keep it up - nothing like a 4th liner scoring and dominating when on the ice.

Gained a whole new respect for Paille in the 2011 playoffs, and I'll never forget it.

Love that we have a 4th line guy w/ 1st round wheels. You can almost see opposing D-men hesitate then go, "It's their 4th line, I don't have to pivot and get a step on this guy in the neutral zone, OH ****! HELL YEAH I DO!".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad