Post-Game Talk: Well we know how Bruins, Leafs, Canes fans feel: Panthers play well but drop season opener 2-0

Will this wind up being a 40 page GDT and not a PGT because no one will make a fancy GDT

• Yes

Votes: 20 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
This board:

1697232913994.gif

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Just expect the start to be 0-4, that way if it’s anything better you’ll be happy as hell

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
That's likely around what Montour and/or Forsling get.

Forsling gets longer term, by a year or two and Montour with slightly higher AAV because of high end offense and possible promotion to top line if Ekblad is eventually moved/walked to UFA.

I'd guess $6.5milx5 for Fors and $7.5milx6 for Monty.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
If you're only doing 5 years for Fors, it'll cost more, not less.

You're probably right. His contract might go to seven years at that cap hit, but if the cap ceiling will go up then $1mil in each year after 2024 bump then it'd be a good investment for both sides.

One could argue that Forsling is the better dman of the two and thus deserves a better contract than Monty but the fact is that point production will dictate more than it probably should and Monty was a clutch player in the playoffs, especially in the Boston series.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
You're probably right. His contract might go to seven years at that cap hit, but if the cap ceiling will go up then $1mil in each year after 2024 bump then it'd be a good investment for both sides.

One could argue that Forsling is the better dman of the two and thus deserves a better contract than Monty but the fact is that point production will dictate more than it probably should and Monty was a clutch player in the playoffs, especially in the Boston series.

Agree points tend to matter more, but Fors is also two years younger so that's going to cost more too.

Way I see it, lot of dmen deals recently signed point to around $7M/yr for someone like Monty, see Toews as an example and the UFA deals. Fors I actually think more complete and younger, but agree points get paid and also less pedigree, so I'd say those even out to be similar to Monty.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Forsling doesn't get the most points but I'd argue he is the most dependable DMan we have factoring in durability, defensive ability etc

absolutely. I didn't get a chance to post after minny but man, he was a monster. unfortunately, he looked rather human more than once tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad