Post-Game Talk: Well we know how Bruins, Leafs, Canes fans feel: Panthers play well but drop season opener 2-0

Will this wind up being a 40 page GDT and not a PGT because no one will make a fancy GDT

• Yes

Votes: 20 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
:panthers

Verhaeghe-Barkov-Rodrigues
Cousins-Luostarinen-Tkachuk
Samoskevich-Lundell-Reinhart
Lomberg-Lorentz-Stenlund

Forsling-OEL
Mikkola-Kulikov
Mahura-Reilly

Injuries: Aaron Ekblad and Bandon Montour dealing with off-season surgeries and will be back between November and January. Sam Bennett (lower body) is week to week and will not play.

EXPECTED STARTING GOALIE
images

:wild

Kaprizov-Hartman-Zuccarello
Johansson-Eriksson Ek-Boldy
Foligno-Rossi-Gaudreau
Maroon-Dewar-Duhaime

Brodin-Faber
Middleton-Goligoski
Merrill-Addison

Injuries: Jared Spurgeon (upper body) is week to week and will not play

EXPECTED STARTING GOALIE

#29 Marc-Andre Fleury

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Me watching the highlights from the run:

Me seeing Florida's 1st 3 games are against the 3 most boring teams in the league:

• Haha
Reactions: MaWa

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I think Balinskis will be in over Reilly. Reilly has been pretty underwhelming.
Too bad there wasn’t another defenseman we could pluck from waivers. Fitz, Balls, and Reilly seem like 7th defenseman at best but we’re forced to play at least one of them regularly until either of the big guys get healthy.

Reactions: Great8Cam

Panthers Propaganda

We're a team
Oct 28, 2015
Canada
This team healthy has the potential to be nutty. Let’s hope OEL turns back the clock, cause that Dcore has me clenching my butt cheeks already.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
This team healthy has the potential to be nutty. Let’s hope OEL turns back the clock, cause that Dcore has me clenching my butt cheeks already.

imo OEL being the ~40pts version of himself is the key cog whether this team is too far behind in the standings to make it to the playoffs or not when the time comes that Ekblad and Monty are fully healed. Nevertheless the beginning of the season is going to be fugly. Mo will probably see red once or twice before the season is even half way through.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Too bad there wasn’t another defenseman we could pluck from waivers. Fitz, Balls, and Reilly seem like 7th defenseman at best but we’re forced to play at least one of them regularly until either of the big guys get healthy.
Yeah, there weren't really any D that were better than them. I think they really like Balinskis. He seems like the prize of the pro scouting department. Idk, I see a lot of good things, but then he'll go and make a mistake and erase a lot of the good things. We'll see I guess, because I'm pretty sure he's playing Thursday.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Boy, that MIN PP looked scary last game, even if it was a preseason game. Better not take to many penalties.

And I'll talk to my Austrian boy Rossi not to have his first big night in the NHL against us :sarcasm:

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Last October the Panthers went 5-3-1 in the first 9 games.

We play 8 games in October this season so I’ll include the Nov 2nd game to match 9.

@MIN, @ WPG, @ NJ, TOR, VAN, SJS, SEA, @BOS, @DET

Given our current roster makeup and injuries, do we have more, less or same amount of points? (11)

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Stay alive and get healthy, that's all you can ask for at the moment.

Looking at that defensive lineup is f***ing wild. Josh Mahura on his way to becoming a Panthers legend just by virtue of being reliable and tough as all hell.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Hey friends, excited to be back for another season

Weird, and difficult, schedule to start the year. Really would like to find 2 wins across MIN-WPG-NJD-TOR but that’s 3-4 playoff teams with 3 of those on the road and TOR out for revenge

Didn’t watch preseason too closely so don’t have much to add on the defense. Curious to see how they do in the real tests

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
If we are at or anything above .500 by the time just one of Monty or Ek are ready, we will be fine.

We have one of the best top 9s in the conference, we will score regardless. Hopefully Bob starts hot.

Reactions: BabyBennettov

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Even if Sourdif is just a fill-in, I hope he isnt, I am so happy for that guy. He put it in the work and he absolutely earned a spot. Really impressed me this pre-season. In some ways, more so than Samo. I maintain he is more NHL ready.

That D core is going to hurt man.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Hockey Time is back, in the Summer i followed the marlins PlayOff Run.
Season done in time for the Hockey Season.
The Preseason for me had no surprises, maybe the biggest one is the Knight. But get him back in track the easier version is the best option.

Im interested how good or bad we are this Season infront our Goalie with a lot of changing and how bad or better the PK Unit will be. That thing has to be much better.

Lundell and Samy youth on the Rice, Lundell Preseason was a good show off or maybe a bit to early to show what he can do this Year.
If Benett is back the Line combo Lundel and Samy will be really interisting, seeing high talentet Player come together. I hope the push each other to get a better player.

Hopes for the Season not Ice related, more funny Pressconferences and a second burst out on the Bench. Maybe the best Panthers scene off the Ice.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Even if Sourdif is just a fill-in, I hope he isnt, I am so happy for that guy. He put it in the work and he absolutely earned a spot. Really impressed me this pre-season. In some ways, more so than Samo. I maintain he is more NHL ready.

That D core is going to hurt man.

The bad thing with Sourdif and Samo at this stage is that we can see the flaws in their game already in the pre-season i.e. don't have to wait for the wear 'n tear settle in over the course of regular NHL action. Samo is a liability defensively and a bit careless with the puck, and Sourdif mostly plays for himself when he has the puck, not really trying to make plays and utilize his teammates.

If they had even Ekblad or Monty also in the lineup right from the get-go, it'd still be 50-50 whether they make it to the playoffs or not. The Panthers need some luck to win games at the beginning of the season.

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
Hey friends, excited to be back for another season

Weird, and difficult, schedule to start the year. Really would like to find 2 wins across MIN-WPG-NJD-TOR but that’s 3-4 playoff teams with 3 of those on the road and TOR out for revenge

Didn’t watch preseason too closely so don’t have much to add on the defense. Curious to see how they do in the real tests
Welcome back! 2 more days

Reactions: FlaPanthers11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad