Post-Game Talk: Well we know how Bruins, Leafs, Canes fans feel: Panthers play well but drop season opener 2-0

Will this wind up being a 40 page GDT and not a PGT because no one will make a fancy GDT

• Yes

Votes: 20 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Not to overreact to one game, but this team is on pace for 0 goals and 0 wins.

:sarcasm:

Liked what Mackie brought to the offense. Had a very nice hard wrister that pinged off the crossbar. Would be nice to pair him with Barkov to shore up any defensive lapses he will have this year while giving a possible spark on offense.

Reactions: FinlandPanther

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I agree with pretty much everyone else. We played well enough to win jut got goalied. You can tell Swaggy isn’t at his usual pace yet. He seems slower than usual (even in the preseason games) and just seems a little off. I had no problem with our game besides the score. Go get the next one.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Aside from the score, game had a lot of positives. Especially OEL, defense in general, and Samo. Hard to tell if good defense because it was against a non-threatening offense, but better than if it was bad.

Would like to see Samo get some time with Barky as he gets more comfortable. Putting ERod with Barky seems to be kind of a waste

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I'm guessing we keep Forsling and Montour, but Reino likely gone given the emergence of Samo and Sourdif. Just don't have enough cap to keep Fors, Monty and Reino
1697214636077.png

Unless......

Bob's contracts gets A LOT easier to move. He can be traded to half the league. Not saying it will be easy, just a lot easier

1697214722641.png

And the buyout route becomes much more palateable.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I don't think the team necessarily got goalied -- not enough really dangerous chances for me to feel that way -- but overall played well and dictated the pace across the ice.

Both of Minnesota's goals were just fluke crap. It happens. Beat Winnipeg.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Hoping we can move reino and ekblad at the tdl for some top line finishers and depth pieces/ high picks. Either way i think we're sellers at the tdl. Teams gonna need a a retool

Not sure that's realistic?
Ekblad would be at very low value and Reinhart is better used as our own rental and eventually walks for nothing IMO.

Not sure we're in drafting high mode, I'm sure Zito is already itching to trade the 2026 pick if he could. :laugh:

Reactions: I am not exposed

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I don't think the team necessarily got goalied -- not enough really dangerous chances for me to feel that way -- but overall played well and dictated the pace across the ice.

Both of Minnesota's goals were just fluke crap. It happens. Beat Winnipeg.
Was Faber's goal tipped? Just looked bad to me. JEE's goal was definitely a fluke, super unlucky bounce.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
My hope is that they all take $6mil to give us the best chance for a cup lol

View attachment 752255

Unless......

Bob's contracts gets A LOT easier to move. He can be traded to half the league. Not saying it will be easy, just a lot easier

View attachment 752256

And the buyout route becomes much more palateable.

Ok it's not impossible to keep all three, but we would have to buyout/trade Bob with significant retention and they would need to take significant discounts while the cap is going up. I just don't see that happening...

Killorn got >$6M, half a Tarasenko got $5M, Bertuzzi got $5.5M and the cap's going up, Reino I'm guessing is at least $7M if he has a good season. Orlov just got $7.75M, so guys like Fors and Monty are not going to sign for $6M. I'd love for them to take home team discounts, but how often do we ever actually see that? Plus its not like Fors/Monty have been paid big bucks yet. They're going to want to cash in and I wouldn't blame them at all.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Ok it's not impossible to keep all three, but we would have to buyout/trade Bob with significant retention and they would need to take significant discounts while the cap is going up. I just don't see that happening...

Killorn got >$6M, half a Tarasenko got $5M, Bertuzzi got $5.5M and the cap's going up, Reino I'm guessing is at least $7M if he has a good season. Orlov just got $7.75M, so guys like Fors and Monty are not going to sign for $6M. I'd love for them to take home team discounts, but how often do we ever actually see that? Plus its not like Fors/Monty have been paid big bucks yet. They're going to want to cash in and I wouldn't blame them at all.

Devon Toews just got 7M…

I still have hopes ! In BZ we do trust !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad