Post-Game Talk: Well we know how Bruins, Leafs, Canes fans feel: Panthers play well but drop season opener 2-0

Will this wind up being a 40 page GDT and not a PGT because no one will make a fancy GDT

• Yes

Votes: 20 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Ball-skis have fun in the A
Rodrigues belongs on a third line
Cousins 4th line with some 3rd line minutes
Put Chucky with Barky as long as Benny isn’t in
Whoever that fourth line center we acquired is, I'd look up his name but nah, shouldn't be playing on the PK. We have better options.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
OEL looks smooth and potentially amazing, like a lot of friends around here, I will say he will have a great season if healthy.

Rodrigues looks like he will be as frustrating as Duclair but in other ways…

Liked Mikkola. Still think there is something with that Balinskis guy.

Lundell and Luostarinen, big disappointments tonight !

Lorentz looks big and intriguing, Stenlund looks big and steady.

Was afraid for Mackie after couple of hard hits by dumb fat-ass-Maroon, but had some of his strongest shifts after !

Conclusion ?

I LOVED SEEING KULI BACK WITH THAT #7 !! OMG !!! … :amazed::bow:

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
Get goalie'd by someone mid lol
Gustavsson isn't mid

1697166020310.png

Better wait for someone's backup or 3rd string goalie

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Honestly it’s unfortunate with such a tough schedule they couldn’t pick up at least a point but there’s not much negative to point out except the first goal. They played well 5 v 5 and I thought the PK was good, complete fluke bounce on the goal, Minnesota was 1-4 on the PP, if that happened last year, it’d probably be 3 for 4. PP looked dangerous. OEL and Kuli looked good. They just need to bank points with the tough schedule to start but that was a pretty good road game.

Vs Helle in the Peg with no Benny will be tough, need a win though.
I thought Kuli was fine defensively but he still seems stupid with the puck

Reactions: Laus723

Justlou4545

Jul 14, 2007
Hialeah,Fl
Played well but got out-goalied. Played well on D gave up almost nothing. If they can keep that up we will win more often then not. Would like to have seen someone stand up for Samo, they ran him twice and zero push back kid looks good though. OEL looked good , Balls will be AHL fodder once we get Monty and EK back. I still wish they had kept Ludvig instead, his grit is something we are going to need on the back end eventually.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Lundell and Luostarinen, big disappointments tonight !

I LOVED SEEING KULI BACK WITH THAT #7 !! OMG !!! … :amazed::bow:
Loustar should not be the second line center. That's going to be an issue until Benny comes back.

Kuli looked solid - actually hit the net on his first shot from the point! Looked good in #7 too!

Panthers were only shut out once last year, crazy stat
Great, got it out of the way already!

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Any positives from the game? On vacation and only saw the score. How did Samo look? Are the d pairs OK for now?
TBH there weren't many negatives, game wasn't as dominate as the shots reflect but you play this game 10 times Florida probably wins 7? Defense looked really good, PK too, PP moved the puck, they pretty much got goalied. OEL looked healthy. Minny generated nothing 5 v 5. Negatives (I'm sure others will add):

-First goal was bad (didn't end up mattering but seeing eye puck from the blue line should have been stopped.)
-Balinskis is an AHL player
-Rodrigues is a known quantity with regard to his poor finishing skills, Waaaay too much PP time for him.

Minnesota is an ok team, it's a pretty good measuring stick IMO, not like they lost to San Jose. Ironically the biggest concerns were the defense and Bob, and the defense was really good and Bob was serviceable, offense let them down.

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
Yes they looked fine but the fact is they got no points and could realistically start the year 0-4. NHL has no feel good losses.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Bold prediction: MIN will not make the POs. But we will.

Imagine if we had Monty and Ek playing instead of Balinskis and Mahura... (who I thought were both alright, D looked ok even with 4 new players. Like OEL a lot)

Our video department needs a raise. They have been excellent over the last year on those offside/hand pass calls

Catscountry40

Feb 4, 2021
What concerns me the most is the same issues from last year popped up. 13 and 15 could not finish around the net and four trip the box......another f***ing high sticking.

Did PM work on anything from last season? Prob not and you can see won the guy's ring fingers remain empty after 26 years.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad