Post-Game Talk: Well, that happened. Stanley Cup Finals post-series talk.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Not be lost in this though. I thought MAF was pretty horrific this series.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
2zbftx.jpg
Great post.

Sorry VGK fans, you got betrayed by bad officiating. As a neutral fan it was an exciting game to watch, but nobody wants to see a game decided by the refs, especially in the playoffs. Hope you have a great draft day and off-season and go on a deep run next year, you deserve it after this travesty.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
The avs were my team before we got a team ever since I got to see Roy's 2nd game in an avs sweater (my habs buddy came up to vegas and when he heard about the trade he convinced me to do a road trip as I had just moved here 2 months prior and was still looking for a job) and I'll be rooting for total destruction of the sharks. But I also got lots of love for ROR even if I disliked the blues a lot in the past. He's by far my favorite non vgk player followed by Dutch on cbj.

I can live with every other team winning the cup except the sharks. For all of their bitching about the refs, they got way more penalties overall and in key games 1 and 7. 9 power plays to 2 in a game 7 where the refs had previously swallowed their whistles in the first OT in game 6? Totally absurd for it to be that lopsided while adding what will go down as the worst call to decide a playoff game in way over a decade. The sharks limp wristed fan base can no longer claim that Bettman and VGK are in cahoots.

Did the 4th line play at all in the overtime or late in the game? It seemed like as soon as Eakin was tossed out, the 4th line was invisible. They were mostly invisible in a game where wearing down the sharks could have also helped seal the win too. If they got reduced minutes after that awful call and being down I get that. But to not play in the overtime when the top 6/9 were basically worn down to threads is also a mistake as they could have given the top 9 an extra minute or two in between shifts. Maybe I was still too angry or they didn't do anything in OT, but I really don't remember them at all in OT.

amoboko

Waikato Junglist
Jun 24, 2015
Belgium
They gave it their everything, should have kept the lead. But what a game.
Can't blame them anything

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad