Post-Game Talk: Well, that happened. Stanley Cup Finals post-series talk.

Discussion in 'Vegas Golden Knights' started by BattleBorn, Apr 24, 2019.

1. HanSolo #Stormy

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    I'll give credit to the defense in OT. Guys like Engelland and Merrill who normally give me anxiety in their own zone really played a solid game. Goal against was just pure lack of stamina at that point against a fourth line that was strategically benched for most of the OT session.

But I do have to say, I really hope Tuch gets his shit together over the summer. He's one of my favorite players and it pains me to say this but he was as much of a non-factor as he's been the last few months since the all-star break. Something is off with him and I really hope he finds it.

Nevada Jones and VegasKnightlife like this.
  2. The Duck Knight Henry, you're our only hope!

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    He started playing way too fancy. He's at his best when he plays like Blake Wheeler. A big fast power forward who goes to the net and wreaks havoc below the goal line and in the crease. I feel like once he got bumped from the second line he turned into a perimeter finesse player who just tried to beat people on the rush or get too fancy with his passes. Hopefully getting a couple more skilled linemates in Haula and Gusev will help him reach another level.

VegasKnightlife likes this.
  3. HanSolo #Stormy

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    Agreed. I mean, we're pretty much banking on a future youth pairing of Tuch and Glass, and we need more first half Tuch.

I wouldn't be insane enough to say something like this series loss is at his feet, but it's hard to imagine us not being through if Tuch had been more dangerous. I mean on the powerplay in particular, I don't know what Tuch had been doing all game that he somehow looked like the most tired guy on the ice.

ChanceVegas and VegasKnightlife like this.
  4. Fmrnuckfan95 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    Full time student at u of a
    Refs basically decided the series with that horrendous call. I'm an Oilers fan and was looking forward to watching San Jose lose.

Nevada Jones likes this.
  5. Pirate Deadpool My dog knows more about hockey than sinbin Ken

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    REALTOR
    I hate to say it, but Tuch looks like a typical young millionaire athlete where he is a walking celebrity and seems like he loves videogames and enjoying the night life (his nickname is The Mayor for a reason) a little too much. He might be too young to get married, but if a non stereotype vegas female can set him straight and keep him home and in bed at a reasonable hour, I think his on the ice potential will be realized.

The coaching staff really needs to work on it's power play next year as well as trying to have at least one player in the goalies grill all the time looking for a tip or rebound and always trying to screen the goalie. We took way too many outside shots this series for a team that looks like they are built for playing a greasy game down low.

6. HanSolo #Stormy

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    I have a friend who's certainly attractive enough for him who absolutely loves him. Good head on her shoulders too. I'll try to set them up :laugh:

7. Vegan Knight Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    Can we say that some players were disappointing while acknowledging that we should be in the second round and slightly favored? Because I think it's how I see it.

We get the 16th and 47th picks now, right? Hopefully those help the prospects we have.

I think, on the whole we could have a review of players this season and try to grade them in another thread. I will say that some players were disappointing this season and series when you see they are capable of more.

The Duck Knight likes this.
  8. MartyOwns i’ll ask daneyko

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    yep. they got the joan collins special

9. horner Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    Leafs fan here .
    Can't believe that your player got a 5 minute major for that.
    Player was off balance.
    Wow just wow

Nevada Jones likes this.
  10. Vegas07 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    That is why he is one of my least favorite players unfortunately. Not saying I dislike him; I just expect more from him.

11. HanSolo #Stormy

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    Also for f***'s sake, Turk needs to call a f***ing time out after the second goal. Like, sure when he finally used it it helped us tie the game up, but maybe we don't get to be down a goal or even tied if he had done it sooner.

12. bar1 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    Anyhow... you should not give 4 goals on 5 minute PK. It's like every 4th or 5th 2 minute penalty normally gives a single goal. Despite the call, it was very bad PK.

Northern Knights and Anita L like this.
  13. Seanharold Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    Forensic Engineer
    rangers fan here.... wow. I had to re look at that replay like 3 times because it looked like Pavelski was shot with a 50 cal. what a JOKE. I feel bad for you guys... had you going to the cup in my bracket.

Nevada Jones and Vegas07 like this.
  14. Anita L Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    I guess those who feel they will never care to watch hockey again and call it a garbage league should be reminded of the much worse call by an official in the saints championship game which denied them a chance at a super bowl appearance the knights had time to defend against the bad call but failed to do so there is no excuse for giving up 4 goals on 1 power play 2 is bad enough but to give up the tying and go ahead goals that's just plain on the goalie and defense the knights even tied the game late so it cant be blamed on an extra 3 minutes of power play so get over it.

15. The Duck Knight Henry, you're our only hope!

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    PUNCTUATION

At least the NFL admitted their fault in the Saints screwjob and are taking the necessary steps to prevent it from happening again.

Time will tell if the NHL will do the same like they should.

BoinLV and ChanceVegas like this.
  16. HanSolo #Stormy

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    I guarantee we're not gonna hear jack shit about this. Will be justified as recompense for an injured player.

17. The Duck Knight Henry, you're our only hope!

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    I know. And therein lies the grander issue. This will happen to another team and it will be the same song and dance.

18. Oilers in NS Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    It was a terrible call. They were just battling for the puck. If there was no blood, there is no call

19. Oilers in NS Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    Do ya want MacCrimmon? I bet he gets interviewed today

20. AustonsNostrils Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    Sabres fan here, just woke up and watched a condensed version of the Golden Knights Sharks game. WORST PENALTY CALL IN STANLEY CUP HISTORY!!!

You guys already have a lot of hockey lore to pass on to the generations of fans to come.

21. Pirate Deadpool My dog knows more about hockey than sinbin Ken

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    REALTOR
    I think there might be a rule change coming. All 5 min majors/game misconduct penalties should be reviewed by toronto. In college football, whenever a player is kicked out for targeting, they always have replay confirm that the right call has been made. Getting kicked out of a game and the 5 minute major that goes along with it needs to be verified. Things can happen very fast and all it would have took was 1 look to see that it was no way a 5 minute major for a cross check to the head. At worst it's a 2 minute minor penalty.

22. The Duck Knight Henry, you're our only hope!

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    Oh, they'll almost undoubtedly rescind the match penatly. Lot of good that will do us. The important thing to look for is the media/GM's making a big enough stink about it with the PA and the rules committee. That's where we need something to be done to get all majors reviewed.

Nevada Jones likes this.
  23. tucson83 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    flyers fan here, im shocked by this loss, you guys need a better goalie, fleury is a choker and he was in pittsburgh besides the fluke 09 season when he won the cup, we wasnt anything special, even my team lid him up like it was nothing. i believe you will get there, but you need a unstoppable goalie to get there, if carter hart was in net, it probably would have been an automatic win.

24. The Duck Knight Henry, you're our only hope!

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    OK but only if you insist.

25. RaantaClaus Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    No Gusev, No Win