Post-Game Talk: Well, that happened. Stanley Cup Finals post-series talk.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'll give credit to the defense in OT. Guys like Engelland and Merrill who normally give me anxiety in their own zone really played a solid game. Goal against was just pure lack of stamina at that point against a fourth line that was strategically benched for most of the OT session.

But I do have to say, I really hope Tuch gets his shit together over the summer. He's one of my favorite players and it pains me to say this but he was as much of a non-factor as he's been the last few months since the all-star break. Something is off with him and I really hope he finds it.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I'll give credit to the defense in OT. Guys like Engelland and Merrill who normally give me anxiety in their own zone really played a solid game. Goal against was just pure lack of stamina at that point against a fourth line that was strategically benched for most of the OT session.

But I do have to say, I really hope Tuch gets his **** together over the summer. He's one of my favorite players and it pains me to say this but he was as much of a non-factor as he's been the last few months since the all-star break. Something is off with him and I really hope he finds it.

He started playing way too fancy. He's at his best when he plays like Blake Wheeler. A big fast power forward who goes to the net and wreaks havoc below the goal line and in the crease. I feel like once he got bumped from the second line he turned into a perimeter finesse player who just tried to beat people on the rush or get too fancy with his passes. Hopefully getting a couple more skilled linemates in Haula and Gusev will help him reach another level.

Reactions: VegasKnightlife

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
He started playing way too fancy. He's at his best when he plays like Blake Wheeler. A big fast power forward who goes to the net and wreaks havoc below the goal line and in the crease. I feel like once he got bumped from the second line he turned into a perimeter finesse player who just tried to beat people on the rush or get too fancy with his passes. Hopefully getting a couple more skilled linemates in Haula and Gusev will help him reach another level.
Agreed. I mean, we're pretty much banking on a future youth pairing of Tuch and Glass, and we need more first half Tuch.

I wouldn't be insane enough to say something like this series loss is at his feet, but it's hard to imagine us not being through if Tuch had been more dangerous. I mean on the powerplay in particular, I don't know what Tuch had been doing all game that he somehow looked like the most tired guy on the ice.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Agreed. I mean, we're pretty much banking on a future youth pairing of Tuch and Glass, and we need more first half Tuch.

I wouldn't be insane enough to say something like this series loss is at his feet, but it's hard to imagine us not being through if Tuch had been more dangerous. I mean on the powerplay in particular, I don't know what Tuch had been doing all game that he somehow looked like the most tired guy on the ice.

I hate to say it, but Tuch looks like a typical young millionaire athlete where he is a walking celebrity and seems like he loves videogames and enjoying the night life (his nickname is The Mayor for a reason) a little too much. He might be too young to get married, but if a non stereotype vegas female can set him straight and keep him home and in bed at a reasonable hour, I think his on the ice potential will be realized.

The coaching staff really needs to work on it's power play next year as well as trying to have at least one player in the goalies grill all the time looking for a tip or rebound and always trying to screen the goalie. We took way too many outside shots this series for a team that looks like they are built for playing a greasy game down low.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I hate to say it, but Tuch looks like a typical young millionaire athlete where he is a walking celebrity and seems like he loves videogames and enjoying the night life (his nickname is The Mayor for a reason) a little too much. He might be too young to get married, but if a non stereotype vegas female can set him straight and keep him home and in bed at a reasonable hour, I think his on the ice potential will be realized.

The coaching staff really needs to work on it's power play next year as well as trying to have at least one player in the goalies grill all the time looking for a tip or rebound and always trying to screen the goalie. We took way too many outside shots this series for a team that looks like they are built for playing a greasy game down low.
I have a friend who's certainly attractive enough for him who absolutely loves him. Good head on her shoulders too. I'll try to set them up :laugh:

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

But I do have to say, I really hope Tuch gets his **** together over the summer. He's one of my favorite players and it pains me to say this but he was as much of a non-factor as he's been the last few months since the all-star break. Something is off with him and I really hope he finds it.

Can we say that some players were disappointing while acknowledging that we should be in the second round and slightly favored? Because I think it's how I see it.

We get the 16th and 47th picks now, right? Hopefully those help the prospects we have.

I think, on the whole we could have a review of players this season and try to grade them in another thread. I will say that some players were disappointing this season and series when you see they are capable of more.

Reactions: The Duck Knight

horner

May 22, 2007
Leafs fan here .
Can't believe that your player got a 5 minute major for that.
Player was off balance.
Wow just wow

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018

That is why he is one of my least favorite players unfortunately. Not saying I dislike him; I just expect more from him.

bar1

Apr 16, 2012
Anyhow... you should not give 4 goals on 5 minute PK. It's like every 4th or 5th 2 minute penalty normally gives a single goal. Despite the call, it was very bad PK.

Anita L

Jan 29, 2019
I guess those who feel they will never care to watch hockey again and call it a garbage league should be reminded of the much worse call by an official in the saints championship game which denied them a chance at a super bowl appearance the knights had time to defend against the bad call but failed to do so there is no excuse for giving up 4 goals on 1 power play 2 is bad enough but to give up the tying and go ahead goals that's just plain on the goalie and defense the knights even tied the game late so it cant be blamed on an extra 3 minutes of power play so get over it.

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
I guess those who feel they will never care to watch hockey again and call it a garbage league should be reminded of the much worse call by an official in the saints championship game which denied them a chance at a super bowl appearance the knights had time to defend against the bad call but failed to do so there is no excuse for giving up 4 goals on 1 power play 2 is bad enough but to give up the tying and go ahead goals that's just plain on the goalie and defense the knights even tied the game late so it cant be blamed on an extra 3 minutes of power play so get over it.

PUNCTUATION

At least the NFL admitted their fault in the Saints screwjob and are taking the necessary steps to prevent it from happening again.

Time will tell if the NHL will do the same like they should.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
PUNCTUATION

At least the NFL admitted their fault in the Saints screwjob and are taking the necessary steps to prevent it from happening again.

Time will tell if the NHL will do the same like they should.
I guarantee we're not gonna hear jack shit about this. Will be justified as recompense for an injured player.

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
I guarantee we're not gonna hear jack **** about this. Will be justified as recompense for an injured player.

I know. And therein lies the grander issue. This will happen to another team and it will be the same song and dance.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Vegas .. You deserve this game... Refs F you..

I could see 2 minutes on interference on Stats and Eakin in that freak play..

No knock on Pavel.. He was tryna sell call in being down 3 goals... that just me. I hope he ok .. i don’t care refs win it for the Sharks..
I really hope Avs torch Jones and Dell next round.. Flukey weak goaltending..

ShArks will get their upset..What goes around, comes around, all way back around..
Avs will do it ..

Fluery and Knights deserves this game and to compete next round..

It was a terrible call. They were just battling for the puck. If there was no blood, there is no call

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I guarantee we're not gonna hear jack **** about this. Will be justified as recompense for an injured player.

I think there might be a rule change coming. All 5 min majors/game misconduct penalties should be reviewed by toronto. In college football, whenever a player is kicked out for targeting, they always have replay confirm that the right call has been made. Getting kicked out of a game and the 5 minute major that goes along with it needs to be verified. Things can happen very fast and all it would have took was 1 look to see that it was no way a 5 minute major for a cross check to the head. At worst it's a 2 minute minor penalty.

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
I think there might be a rule change coming. All 5 min majors/game misconduct penalties should be reviewed by toronto. In college football, whenever a player is kicked out for targeting, they always have replay confirm that the right call has been made. Getting kicked out of a game and the 5 minute major that goes along with it needs to be verified. Things can happen very fast and all it would have took was 1 look to see that it was no way a 5 minute major for a cross check to the head. At worst it's a 2 minute minor penalty.

Oh, they'll almost undoubtedly rescind the match penatly. Lot of good that will do us. The important thing to look for is the media/GM's making a big enough stink about it with the PA and the rules committee. That's where we need something to be done to get all majors reviewed.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
flyers fan here, im shocked by this loss, you guys need a better goalie, fleury is a choker and he was in pittsburgh besides the fluke 09 season when he won the cup, we wasnt anything special, even my team lid him up like it was nothing. i believe you will get there, but you need a unstoppable goalie to get there, if carter hart was in net, it probably would have been an automatic win.

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
flyers fan here, im shocked by this loss, you guys need a better goalie, fleury is a choker and he was in pittsburgh besides the fluke 09 season when he won the cup, we wasnt anything special, even my team lid him up like it was nothing. i believe you will get there, but you need a unstoppable goalie to get there, if carter hart was in net, it probably would have been an automatic win.

OK but only if you insist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad